Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:01 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Temporary "What Board Game are you currently playing?"

As many noticed, the original thread was inadvertantly removed from the forum, but I'm hoping it will soon be returned to its former glory. In the meantime, I thought I'd offer up a temporary thread for those of us that really enjoy posting in the board games thread and just can't wait.

I've been playing solo games recently. I received my Kickstarted copy of Sanitarium and played a solo version of that. It's a card game that uses the cards as a game board and lays down a maze representing the sanitarium. You have to wander through the maze, gathering your "safe things" that will allow you to escape, while avoiding the wandering shadows that are hunting for you. It involves some dice rolling, and you assign action points from those rolls to your character and to the nearby shadows, so you have to make tough choices in how you allocate the points. It was an interesting game, but definitely a filler-type. I do like the decisions you have to struggle with, in terms of using your action points to search or to hide in the rooms to avoid shadows, and so forth.

The whole maze theme led me to play a solo game of Onirim, which is another quirky type of surreal card game involving nightmares and shadows and such (oh my!). Both are interesting diversions if you're looking for a quick play.

I did try out my copy of Thunderstone: Advance, as well, and I enjoyed that. I look forward to the chance to play that again.

I also preordered a copy of Mage Knight a few weeks ago, and I have been assured that my copy will come from this reprint and will be on the way soon. We'll see...

Last edited by akden; May 3rd, 2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Apparently, I don't spel no good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games