Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 5th, 2007, 10:39 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
More Utgar Soulborgs?

As far as I can remember, there are reavers, 9000, 8000, 7000, Warden, the deathstalkers, and the zettians.

Why don't they have decent range yet? I guess I could settle for the deathwalkers and zettians for now, but why isn't there a common squad of ranged Utgar soulborgs yet? The reavers aren't good attackers, and the stalkers' special power sucks, they should've had 2 attack and mual, with one more defense and one less move and then i'd be happy with them.

The death walkers and the warden are heros, so you only get one attack with them, and the large ones can't climb ladders. And even if you do get one attack off with 8000, you'll probably fail next machine gun burst.

The zettians are just too slow, with too weak of an attack, and they are unique.

You'd think we'd have some common ranged Utgar soulborgs by now. Being a squadscape player, It irritates me to put 3 order markers on one hero instead of being able to put 3 order markers on the "squad version" of the hero.
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:48 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Alright, DEATHWALKER, quit hacking other accounts.

Also, only two of those don't have range.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:08 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Alright, DEATHWALKER, quit hacking other accounts.

Also, only two of those don't have range.
reavers, stalkers, and deathwalker 7000... that is 3.
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:14 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
No one ever uses DW7K, he doesn't count.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 6th, 2007, 12:08 AM

sepman has disabled reputation
I dont know about that...

used him in a capture the glyph and return game and he rocked!! Stealth dodge meant he could run in and grab it safely and then when he got surrounded he just blew up, leaving the glyph there for my other units to grab!

Not for every game i admit, but he went pretty well.

With the Wights out its less dangerous,
Heroscaping, watch the Agents!
Line of sight now, line of sight now.....
(Nirvana rocks!)
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:52 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
I've heard many stories on how DW8 took out entire armies, but yes, a common range squad is a necessity...

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old December 6th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Why don't they have decent range yet? I guess I could settle for the deathwalkers and zettians for now, but why isn't there a common squad of ranged Utgar soulborgs yet? The reavers aren't good attackers, and the stalkers' special power sucks, they should've had 2 attack and mual, with one more defense and one less move and then i'd be happy with them.

The death walkers and the warden are heros, so you only get one attack with them, and the large ones can't climb ladders. And even if you do get one attack off with 8000, you'll probably fail next machine gun burst.

The zettians are just too slow, with too weak of an attack, and they are unique.
And I’m going to go ahead and disagree with pretty much everything you said here.

Why don't they have decent range yet?...The death walkers and the warden are heros, so you only get one attack with them
7 range is pretty solid on any card. Combine this with the fact that both 8k and 9k have a SPECIAL ATTACK at 7 range and I can't see why you are complaining. That’s one of the highest ranges on a special in heroscape. Also piling up turn markers on these two can still get you multiple attacks per activation, as 9k does splash damage and 8k can attack indefinitely (with some luck, granted). The warden is more there for support and as a late gamer. His move bonus for guards is pretty helpful (the majority of guards needed the help, and I can see it being a big help to future waves of figs) and he has a pretty sweet (and awesomely named) melee special. Like I said he's a solid clean up hero for 90 points.

The reavers aren't good attackers
I don't disagree with this... but if you’re using the deathreavers as attackers then you REALLY need to take a look at their card again. Hands down the best screening/glyph grabbing unit in the game. They make ANY ranged based team all the more deadly, and fit in VERY well with a DW themed army.

the stalkers' special power sucks, they should've had 2 attack and mual, with one more defense and one less move and then i'd be happy with them
Really? You think they should have a 25% chance to do 2 unblockable damage to the vast majority of figures in the game? With 6 defense and 6 move? They'd be amazingly under priced at 100 points and would be sickly powerful against the units they are already good against now. For their cost I think the stalkers make amazingly effective shock troops, and ANY ability that can bypass defense is a good one. 7 move and 5 def is strong enough on it's own, making them good at glyph grabbing and pinning down ranged figs, Maul is just gravy, keeping high defense figures second guessing on committing to attacking a group of them. Also they are large soulbourgs and as such have just about every immunity under the Valhallin sun.

Yes 4 move hurts, but with the warden out suddenly they can keep pace with DW9k. (140+70+90 = 300, nice little fit eh?) and their main function is NOT to be storming around attacking anyway. They are supposed to be close to 9k and gain that sweet +2 range (giving them 9 one of the highest in the game). They should be attacking the same fig, and with height a 3-4 punch at 9 range is pretty solid. Their main function is not to attack but to GAURD (hence the name) 9k. If they prevent even one good hit on the big boy they did their job.

Anyway that’s just my two cents. I'd imagine that sooner or later a range common squad will come out for Team Death, but I think that 8k/9k are pretty fierce on their own anyway. Also Utgar has some mean range common punch already (stingers and Arrow gruts come instantly to mind) so I don't think he's in any rush to summon up some soulbourgs just yet.

On a side note I bet the next range common he gets are some skeleton archers from cyp's personal undead army... that would be sweet!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old December 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Let's not keep it just about Utgar. Jandar needs melee soulborgs. Don't get me started about Ullar and Einar. :P
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
Let's not keep it just about Utgar. Jandar needs melee soulborgs. Don't get me started about Ullar and Einar. :P
Utgar is the 1337. Robots, zombies, demons, AND lava people?! You can't beat that. Jandar is the good guy, and good guys generally aren't cool.

Utgar desperately needs some common range. Jandar is not big on soulborgs, and vydar has a nice balance of range and non-ranged soulborgs. Ullar and Einar do not need soulborgs.

Einar is all historical stuff, and ullar is fantasy elf - dragon - tree people stuff... The total opposite of science fiction robots.
Old December 7th, 2007, 12:17 AM

Vlad the Impaler has disabled reputation
Quote:
Utgar desperately needs some common range. Jandar is not big on soulborgs, and vydar has a nice balance of range and non-ranged soulborgs. Ullar and Einar do not need soulborgs.
yes, that's the main thing, isn't it? however, utgar, with all the common range he has already, stingers, gruts, drudge, and the like, does not really need a specifically soulborg squad, for exactly the same reason! either way, there's a nice assortment of range and melee in his army, he's as balanced as the other generals.

he just... has way more units.

alot of people say life is like a card game. well, I have news for them: in the card games, the bad hand does not yell back at you.
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM

Pallindromemaster has disabled reputation
Quote:
Ullar and Einar do not need soulborgs.
Yeah, Ullar could never hire soulborgs... They emit too many greenhouse gases...

"Genius and Madness are Seperated Only by Degrees of Success" - Sidar Jabari

Pallindromemaster's Customs
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:05 AM

Some people just don't recognize sarcasm, I guess.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units