Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 25th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Phantom Stranger (design)

Very interesting. I'm familiar with Phantom Stranger but not THAT familiar, so bear with me a bit.

- Magical Defense feels a bit strange on him. He's definitely a magical entity but does he usually cast spells? He always struck me as more like Captain Marvel, where he's magically empowered but not a traditional "wizard" type.
- Is he affiliated with the Justice League? I thought he was more or a loner. Not sure why we'd need to use JL markers if he's not, but I admit that could be a blind spot.
- Crisis management is very cool. Also very scary, particularly the ability to shut down a figure's ability to attack or use any special powers. Something I would definitely be keeping an eye on.
- Raw stats seem really juiced to me. Isn't this guy more of a "wise mentor that hangs around in the back" type? Does it really make sense for him to be in the fray, blasting people from height/range?

If the theme stuff checks out I'm down with it, but it's definitely not the powerset I expected coming into this thread! I like the design overall, just want to make sure it fits the dude.
Old August 25th, 2019, 10:56 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I’ll refer to @IAmBatman for those answers.
Old August 25th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He’s definitely in the JLA.

johnny can read a wiki entry as well as I can, so I won’t rehash what’s there for him.

Anything else is more Spidey’s territory or another of our resident theme nerds.

LV maybe?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 25th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

@Spidey'tilIDie any theme insights here?
Old August 26th, 2019, 05:33 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Looks like Zatanna won't be able to modify his roll, as hers is limited to Unique Heroes.

After doing more research, I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to have him be a Justice League centric design. He should absolutely have some abilities that assist the likes of the Justice League favorably, to encourage the combo, but I feel him having the markers is perhaps a bit off the mark(especially given the caliber of those we've deemed worthy thus far to encompass them).

And, on top of that, I put the wording as-is on the card, before the further clarification, and it looked a bit packed. I try to go a bit easier on the eyes and simpler these days, as much as possible.

That said, here's what I propose, as a design that plays up a lot of support, stay out of the fray as long as possible type unit, with some JL combo encouragement in mind:

Quote:
NAME = PHANTOM STRANGER

SPECIES = ENTITY
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = MYSTERIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 10

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

NIGH OMNISCIENCE
At the start of the round, you may place up to 2 white Knowledge Markers on this card, to a maximum of 4. If you do, you cannot place any Order Markers on this card this round.

MYSTERIOUS GUIDANCE
After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for a figure you control, you may remove a Knowledge Marker from this card and immediately add a skull, shield, or 1 to that roll or, remove 2 Knowledge Markers from this card to instead add a blank or 2 to that roll.

CRISIS MANAGEMENT
At the end of the round, you may remove a Knowledge Marker from this card to choose a friendly figure. Remove a Wound Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card and place a previously removed Marker from their card back onto their card, if possible.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Phantom Stranger is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Phantom Stranger can take for this attack is one.
Nigh Omniscience tries to capture his restraint from jumping into the fray head on, rather he stays back and provides guidance to the team. Mysterious Guidance allows him to provide guidance and share his vast knowledge about anything and everything to gain an advantage. Crisis Management is to help even the odds when his team is struggling. This all should combo well with many armies, but those that rely on marker burning should really gain an extra benefit. Comboing well with the Justice League and Lanterns especially, as well as all those who love blanks(Flash + several in JLD) which I feel accomplishes our desires without making it overt.

As for the Magical Defense argument, I'm fine either way. If we don't do Magical Defense, we can do something to represent more of his magical abilities, without leaving the door wide open for spell casting.

Last edited by Arkham; August 26th, 2019 at 06:05 AM.
Old August 26th, 2019, 07:47 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I kind of want the first power to add +1 initiative for each Knowledge Marker on his card.

A bit bummed to lose Justice League Unlimited, but I understand why. I hope it's something we can find a home for somewhere else in the future.

I'm a bit bummed that this version doesn't reference Event Heroes at all, as I feel that the type of Crisis he shows up for is an Event Hero based Crisis.

The other thing johnny mentioned that's worth considering is his stats. I think he definitely uses magic and that and dispelling magic are the bulk of his supernatural abilities. As such, I wonder if his life, attack, and defense should all be so high, in retrospect.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 26th, 2019, 08:24 AM

What are you thinking for stats? He seems somewhat close to the Spectre in terms of power, so I'd be curious what people think is reasonable.

My proposal isn't set in stone by any means, so feel free to make any suggestions/alterations to better fall in line with desires.
Old August 26th, 2019, 01:08 PM

I’m cool with the overall direction and reasoning. Just hoping to resolve the following (and not having any ideas yet, so kinda doing an open call for them):

1. Who else could we make a Justice League Unlimited hub in the future?
2. How can we sneak a little Event Hero countering back in here?
3. Anybody have a better idea what his stats should be? Is the Spectre comp a good one?

Old August 26th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

For Bats’ question; Hawkgirl II? She was a major part of the show.

I generally agree with what’s being said. I worry about him winding up as mainly a Lantern helper, but I can’t really think of a way to help JL markers without also helping Battery markers.
Old August 26th, 2019, 05:25 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I’m cool with the overall direction and reasoning. Just hoping to resolve the following (and not having any ideas yet, so kinda doing an open call for them):

1. Who else could we make a Justice League Unlimited hub in the future?
2. How can we sneak a little Event Hero countering back in here?
3. Anybody have a better idea what his stats should be? Is the Spectre comp a good one?
1) There are a few people for the hub. Off the top of my head, Harbinger - wh put together the Crisis Mega-Justice League. An alternate would be a new John Jones.
2) I agree that this guy should be an Event Hero counter. He is similar to the Watcher as to when he gets involved in things.
3) He is below the Spectre, but not by much. He is above normal human levels, so somewhat divine. Part of the problem with him is that he is at least part McGuffin - he is intentionally ambiguous to keep him relevant for any situation.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old August 26th, 2019, 05:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Part McGuffin sounds like a great power name.
Old August 26th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Part McGuffin sounds like a great power name.
I think you mean species.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library