Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:19 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
The Book of Adam Warlock

The Book of Adam Warlock

C3G MARVEL WAVE 28
MARVEL COSMIC

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Secret Invasion set.
Its model number and name are #047 / Adam Warlock.

NOTE: Adam Warlock requires 1x Glyph of Infinity: Soul Gem

Character Bio - Adam Warlock was born in a cocoon, created by a group of researchers called the Enclave who wanted to create and exploit a perfect human being. Warlock rebelled against his creators, and eventually met the High Evolutionary, who gave Warlock purpose, and the Soul Gem.

After Gamora revealed a plot by Thanos to destroy the stars, Adam Warlock foiled the plot. Afterwards Gamora, Warlock, and Warlock's companion Pip were all drawn into the Soul Gem. When Thanos attempted to use the gem to destroy Sol, Adam Warlock emerged from the gem and turned Thanos to stone. After reforming his body, Warlock would later take the Infinity Gauntlet to foil another plot by Thanos to destroy the universe.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can Adam Warlock use Cosmic Physiology to heal if he does not attack that turn?
    A: Yes (assuming he has not already chosen the healing option that round).

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Adam Warlock interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Flying special power, Adam Warlock interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Adam Warlock cannot place an Android on the Soul Gem's card with his Master of the Soul Gem special power.

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arkham; April 2nd, 2021 at 02:16 PM. Reason: cards
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:20 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Adam Warlock

NAME = ADAM WARLOCK

SPECIES = ARTIFICIAL HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = CONTEMPLATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 400

MASTER OF THE SOUL GEM

Start the game with the Glyph of Soul Gem on this card. Adam Warlock cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. If Adam Warlock is equipped with the Soul Gem when a friendly figure within 5 spaces of Adam Warlock that is not an Android is destroyed by an opponent, you may place that figure on the Soul Gem's card. After Adam Warlock uses the Soul Gem, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, place the figure from the Soul Gem back on the Soul Gem's card instead of removing it from the game.

INFINITY WATCH
When rolling for initiative, you may choose one opponent's figure within 8 spaces of Adam Warlock and add the Life number on that figure's Army Card to your roll. If you do not, subtract 4 from your roll.

COSMIC PHYSIOLOGY
Before attacking with Adam Warlock, you may either add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled, or remove a Wound Marker from this card. Each option can only be chosen once per round.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by LordVenoc; March 31st, 2021 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Removed "Infinity:"
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:21 AM

Cosmic Cocoon

Last edited by dok; September 28th, 2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:22 AM

Comic Images
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Original versions:
Spoiler Alert!

Change Log:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by dok; January 4th, 2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:28 AM

I'm definitely open to a different implementation of the cocoon, and/or a different third power. I do want this version of Adam Warlock to feature the Soul Gem.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 02:01 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like seeing the Silver Surfer power used again here and would consider upping his defense to 6 in order to make sure if fires a bit more often. 5 is pretty good for stopping attacks but getting extra shields is a little more difficult.

Then I think I'd switch the order of the two different parts of the second power so the first thing you read references a power that is always in effect, followed by the second power only comes into play once he has been destroyed.

MASTER OF THE SOUL GEM
After Adam Warlock uses the Soul Gem, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, place the figure from the Soul Gem back on the Soul Gem card instead of removing it from the game. If Adam Warlock is on the Soul Gem, no opponent can choose Adam Warlock when using the Soul Gem, and you may continue to reveal Order Markers on this card and use the Soul Gem as if Adam Warlock were equipped with it.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 07:32 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I like Energy Transmutation here - short and sweet, hits the right theme note.

Would it make more sense to group the effects differently here? Jumped out at me that you could just as easily break them down this way.

Quote:
Start the game with the Glyph of Infinty: Soul Gem on this card. Adam Warlock cannot lose this Equipment Glyph by taking wounds unless he is destroyed. After Adam Warlock uses the Soul Gem, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, place the figure from the Soul Gem back on the Soul Gem card instead of removing it from the game.
Quote:
If Adam Warlock is equipped with the Soul Gem when Adam Warlock or a friendly Unique Hero within 3 spaces of Adam Warlock is destroyed, you may place that figure on the card of the Soul Gem. If Adam Warlock is on the Soul Gem, no opponent can choose Adam Warlock when using the Soul Gem, and you may continue to reveal Order Markers on this card and use the Soul Gem as if Adam Warlock were equipped with it.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 09:34 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Regular old Adam Warlock looks good to me. Like you've said, the guy has a million powers, so focusing on the Soul Gem is probably the right call. And a third power to give him some cosmic flair sounds good.

The Cocoon seems fine... but I'm a bit curious about whether it's needed. Like, pay some extra points to deploy him later - sure. And theoretically it can also be used for a future Magus card. But it just feels... off to me. In my experience, the theme of Adam and his cocoon is like this:

"Wow, what a mysterious entity. He comes and goes, hibernating for long periods. We must seek him out! But when he emerges, what will this incredible figure do?"

There's uncertainty about the when/where/how of his birth or rebirth. That doesn't align with the "pop up on command ahead of his allies" draft ahead. Can we really capture the right theme though and still make it an attractive draft?
Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:05 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I don't know the character very well, but I really like both designs. Some thoughts:
1) How can Adam Warlock continue to use the Soul Gem while he's on its card, since the Soul Gem says "within 5 clear sight spaces of this figure"? If Adam is considered to be the one equipped with the Gem, but he's not on the battlefield, there can't be any spaces within 5 spaces of him, right?
2) The Soul Gem specifies that Androids can't be put on its card; do we need similar wording in Adam's first power to prevent him from rescuing friendly Android Heroes?
3) For the Cocoon, is the drafting restriction strictly necessary? Seems like we could cut it and allow people to draft the Cocoon without Adam, and just use it as effectively a DO.
4) I wonder if we should remove the "no revealing numbered OMs" bit; since you already can't take turns with the Cocoon, that wording isn't really preventing anything that I can see, but does lead to the odd situation when you have OMs you can't reveal (not likely to happen, unless you're facing Mad Thinker or Joker; actually, drafting the Cocoon leaves you very vulnerable to those two).

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:08 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I don't know the character very well, but I really like both designs. Some thoughts:
1) How can Adam Warlock continue to use the Soul Gem while he's on its card, since the Soul Gem says "within 5 clear sight spaces of this figure"? If Adam is considered to be the one equipped with the Gem, but he's not on the battlefield, there can't be any spaces within 5 spaces of him, right?
2) The Soul Gem specifies that Androids can't be put on its card; do we need similar wording in Adam's first power to prevent him from rescuing friendly Android Heroes?
3) For the Cocoon, is the drafting restriction strictly necessary? Seems like we could cut it and allow people to draft the Cocoon without Adam, and just use it as effectively a DO.
4) I wonder if we should remove the "no revealing numbered OMs" bit; since you already can't take turns with the Cocoon, that wording isn't really preventing anything that I can see, but does lead to the odd situation when you have OMs you can't reveal (not likely to happen, unless you're facing Mad Thinker or Joker; actually, drafting the Cocoon leaves you very vulnerable to those two).
I was confused by #1 at first as well then I figured it out. As soon as I can figure a way to word it I'll come back. Hopefully dok will return before hand.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 12:49 PM

I added "were equipped with it and on the same space as the glyph or the figure holding the glyph" to the bit about Warlock using the gem while on the gem.

I stared at my original version, Ronin's version, and Yodaking's version of how to order all the stuff in the first two powers for a while, and I wasn't sure what to do with it all. I don't see a clear best option. Obviously we put the stuff about him having the glyph and not losing it from wounds in the first power, but after that you can go a lot of ways and they all work about as well. I ended up splitting up the "if Adam Warlock is on the glyph" wording and putting some of it in the first power, even though that leads to longer total text, because at that moment it seemed like the most natural flow of the wording. But like I said I really am not sure what the best option is. This is something we can look at and workshop throughout the design period to try to get it right.

EDIT: changed my mind and re-ordered it some more. Put all the "if he's on the glyph" stuff back together, but put it at the front of the second power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like seeing the Silver Surfer power used again here and would consider upping his defense to 6 in order to make sure if fires a bit more often. 5 is pretty good for stopping attacks but getting extra shields is a little more difficult.
I'm glad you (and Ronin) like the power re-use here; I'll stick with it unless we decide to drop the Cocoon design and put the cocoon on this card directly as a third power.

I'm open to 6 defense, but all things being equal I'd like him to be a bit lower defense than Silver Surfer, and I'm OK with the power not triggering too often. It's something to keep an eye on in testing; if Energy Transmutation is not feeling like a meaningful part of the design then pipping defense to 6 is an obvious dial to turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
The Cocoon seems fine... but I'm a bit curious about whether it's needed. Like, pay some extra points to deploy him later - sure. And theoretically it can also be used for a future Magus card. But it just feels... off to me. In my experience, the theme of Adam and his cocoon is like this:

"Wow, what a mysterious entity. He comes and goes, hibernating for long periods. We must seek him out! But when he emerges, what will this incredible figure do?"

There's uncertainty about the when/where/how of his birth or rebirth. That doesn't align with the "pop up on command ahead of his allies" draft ahead. Can we really capture the right theme though and still make it an attractive draft?
Very good points, all. It's definitely my intention that you don't have to play the cocoon every time you play Adam Warlock; much like with Banner, it's a value add but not a necessary component. After all, while it's a big part of the Adam Warlock lore (and therefore something I don't want to completely ignore), the cocoon comes up in a relatively small fraction of his stories.

But yeah, the X reveal thing does seem off. Maybe a d20 for the option to hatch the Cocoon, a-la the drop? We could make it a lower d20 cutoff if that feels too weak. But the ability to just pop on the most strategic spot on the map and join the action there will be worth it a lot of the time, I think. And you can't lose the game without getting the drop like you can with the Airborne, because you still have a figure on the battlefield. grumble grumble 2012 Gencon 4x400 grumble.

Quote:
For the Cocoon, is the drafting restriction strictly necessary? Seems like we could cut it and allow people to draft the Cocoon without Adam, and just use it as effectively a DO.
Hm... interesting possibility for scenario play, but I don't like the idea of any army being able to throw a tough blocker in a choke point for cheap. The wording is going to be pretty much the same length/complexity either way. We can play around with it in testing I guess; I suppose the situations where it might be a problem would be pretty unusual. (Underground catacombs with some sort of pod build I guess?)

Quote:
I wonder if we should remove the "no revealing numbered OMs" bit; since you already can't take turns with the Cocoon, that wording isn't really preventing anything that I can see, but does lead to the odd situation when you have OMs you can't reveal (not likely to happen, unless you're facing Mad Thinker or Joker; actually, drafting the Cocoon leaves you very vulnerable to those two).
Good point; I can drop that part of the wording. I also added the no-Android restriction for friendly heroes.

Last edited by dok; May 2nd, 2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 12:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I added "were equipped with it and on the same space as the glyph or the figure holding the glyph" to the bit about Warlock using the gem while on the gem.

I stared at my original version, Ronin's version, and Yodaking's version of how to order all the stuff in the first two powers for a while, and I wasn't sure what to do with it all. I don't see a clear best option. Obviously we put the stuff about him having the glyph and not losing it from wounds in the first power, but after that you can go a lot of ways and they all work about as well. I ended up splitting up the "if Adam Warlock is on the glyph" wording and putting some of it in the first power, even though that leads to longer total text, because at that moment it seemed like the most natural flow of the wording. But like I said I really am not sure what the best option is. This is something we can look at and workshop throughout the design period to try to get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm glad you (and Ronin) like the power re-use here; I'll stick with it unless we decide to drop the Cocoon design and put the cocoon on this card directly as a third power.

I'm open to 6 defense, but all things being equal I'd like him to be a bit lower defense than Silver Surfer, and I'm OK with the power not triggering too often. It's something to keep an eye on in testing; if Energy Transmutation is just not feeling like a meaningful part of the design then that's an obvious dial to turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Very good points, all. It's definitely my intention that you don't have to play the cocoon every time you play Adam Warlock; much like with Banner, it's a value add but not a necessary component. After all, while it's a big part of the Adam Warlock lore (and therefore something I don't want to completely ignore), the cocoon comes up in a relatively small fraction of his stories.

But yeah, the X reveal thing does seem off. Maybe a d20 for the option to hatch the Cocoon, a-la the drop?

Quote:
For the Cocoon, is the drafting restriction strictly necessary? Seems like we could cut it and allow people to draft the Cocoon without Adam, and just use it as effectively a DO.
Hm... interesting possibility for scenario play, but I don't like the idea of any army being able to throw a tough blocker in a choke point for cheap. The wording is going to be pretty much the same length/complexity either way. We can play around with it in testing I guess; I suppose the situations where it might be a problem would be pretty unusual. (Underground catacombs with some sort of pod build I guess?)

Quote:
I wonder if we should remove the "no revealing numbered OMs" bit; since you already can't take turns with the Cocoon, that wording isn't really preventing anything that I can see, but does lead to the odd situation when you have OMs you can't reveal (not likely to happen, unless you're facing Mad Thinker or Joker; actually, drafting the Cocoon leaves you very vulnerable to those two).
Good point; I can drop that part of the wording. I also added the no-Android restriction for friendly heroes.
Maybe wording to say OMs may never be placed on that card, rather than never revealed? That means taking it isn't asking for trouble with Joker and Mad Thinker. No matter what, I'll probably end up re-using the Dormant power on another design.
Other than that, I haven't much to say right now, but he certainly looks cool!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library