Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 7th, 2008, 10:02 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Battle Report: UK’s Finest vs The Grateful Undead (Pics!)

I continued my series of themed battles with the UK’s Finest vs The Grateful Undead
Okay, I know it’s historically inaccurate to call an army of Alaistar, 2x MacDirks, and 3x 10th Regiment “UK’s Finest”, it gets the point across. They took on the Grateful Undead, consisting of Cyprien, Sonya, and 5x Zombies. The battle was fought on my "Tropical Divide" battlefield.

Round 1: UK wins initiative. 10th Foot spreads out, taking high ground positions and gaining the Glyph of Astrid. Cyprien takes out one Redcoat and behind him the Zombies shamble forward.

Cyprien slays a Redcoat.

Round 2: UK wins initiative, and the 10th Foot blasts away at Cyprien for three turns, inflicting five wounds. Cyprien heals one wound by killing another of the 10th Foot.

The zombies meander through the swamp, ever closer to the rain of deadly fire from the 10th Regiment.

Round 3: The Dead win the initiative and Cyprien kills two more of the 10th before falling to the devastating hail of musket balls, depressing Sonya to no end. Meanwhile, the Zombies claim the Glyph of Dagmar.

Cyprien makes his last stand.

(Snapped this pic a little early. Cyprien shouldn't be there.)

Round 4: The Dead win the initiative, and the Zombies kill one Redcoat. The 10th return fire and slaughter five Zombies. Alaistar moves out of his starting zone.

The Zombies finally get in on the action.

Round 5: The Dead take the initiative, but cannot reach the enemy. Four more of their dwindling number bite the dust.

Alaistar leads the MacDirks into the fray.

Round 6: UK takes back the initiative and continue their zombie slaying ways, bringing down two more of the stumblin’, bumblin’, rumblin’ corpses. Undaunted, the Zombies kill two Redcoats, causing their two lost comrades to rise from the (un)dead, and take both glyphs for good measure.

The Zombies claim the glyph.

Round 7: The Dead take the initiative and begin repopulating, slaying three 10th Regiment and a MacDirk, and losing one in return. The Zombies catch Alaistar in a vulnerable position and encircle him, inflicting five wounds with their special attack. Alaistar kills one Zombie in return. The MacDirks, enraged by Highland Fury, slaughter four Zombies.

Alaistar suddenly wishes he had more than one attack.
Round 8: Maintaining control of the Glyph of Dagmar, The Zombies slay Alaistar and four MacDirks, re-birthing five of their number. The MacDirks and the remaining 10th take out two and one respectively, but the balance is shifting.

The suddenly fury-less MacDirks charge the Zombies.

Round 9: The UK wins initiative, but cannot inflict sufficient damage. One Zombie falls, only to be replaced by four more as a Redcoat and three MacDirks are slain.

Where are all these Zombies coming from?

Round 10: As Sonya sits weeping in the same hex in which she began the game, the Zombies overwhelm the remaining Redcoat.

MacDirk's last stand.

Analysis: An interesting battle. Cyprien went down sooner than expected, thanks in part to good shooting by the 10th, and in part due to the fact that they remained spread out so that Cyprien could not heal more than one wound per turn. He did, however, buy a few rounds for the Zombies to reach the action. Once the Zombies appeared on the scene, the 10th probably should have pulled back to high ground and peppered away, perhaps gaining another round of target practice. Alaistar’s wounds did make the MacDirks unstoppable for a round, but he didn’t last long enough. Once the Zombies started rising, their was little hope for the low-defense MacDirks and the remaining Redcoats.

Last edited by Mossman; October 11th, 2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battle Report: UK’s Finest vs The Grateful Undead

Cool battle report. I hope for the sake of humanity that the UK guys win next time!
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:15 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Excellent battle! It makes me want the zombies even more..

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hasbrotoyshop man. I just ordered three packs.
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:38 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

WOW! I loved this B.R! The terrain is to die for

Boise ID Scaper
Old October 7th, 2008, 11:22 PM

Syvarris the Ruler has disabled reputation

I love your use of pictures. I hate having to read the battle reports, so pictures are great.

Good traders:

Utgarsrage
Old October 8th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great Battle Report! Love the use of the Zombies!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports