Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 30th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The Army Advice and Feedback Thread

Rats are Deathreavers.

You have probably already seen my response in the other thread.
Old June 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan837 View Post
I have an army and a question. First the question. What are "rats"?

And my 400 point army

Venoc Warlord-120

Elite Onyx Vipers- 220

Death Knights x3- 400

What do you think?
"Rats" are the Deathreavers, who are sometimes also referred to as "Roborats".

As for the army...the EOV are a fun unit which almost always leave me wishing they'd killed their fair share. You'd be better off getting some ranged support for your melee-bond; the Krav Maga Agents are one of the best, and they fit the cost.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 30th, 2012, 08:49 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:

And my 400 point army

Venoc Warlord-120

Elite Onyx Vipers- 220

Death Knights x3- 400

What do you think?
"Rats" are the Deathreavers, who are sometimes also referred to as "Roborats".

As for the army...the EOV are a fun unit which almost always leave me wishing they'd killed their fair share. You'd be better off getting some ranged support for your melee-bond; the Krav Maga Agents are one of the best, and they fit the cost.
Thanks
Old June 30th, 2012, 08:49 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Rats are Deathreavers.

You have probably already seen my response in the other thread.
Thanks
Old June 30th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Rats are the common name for Deathreavers

As far as the army, I'd dump the vipers and warlord for something else, a stronger bonding option for the DK's. But if you're set on combining vipers and Death Knights, you could use some range in that build...

EDIT:
'd

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; July 1st, 2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

And my 400 point army

Venoc Warlord-120

Elite Onyx Vipers- 220

Death Knights x3- 400

What do you think?

Deathreavers, AKA, rats. I think that army could use a little range, and I'm not too sure that the Warlord is doing enough for that army with only one squad of scouts.

EDIT: 'd five times . I have absolutely no clue how that happened .
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

SoA, you seem to have a modified version of the Deathreavers card. As for your army buckeyesfan, as others have said it would be smart to take out EOV for range. Or if you'd rather have vipers, I would replace the DK's with as many Venoc viper squads as you can. And maybe add Armocs in place for the EOV.
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
SoA, you seem to have a modified Verizon of the Deathreavers card. As for your army buckeyesfan, as others have said it would be smart to take out EOV for range. Or if you'd rather have vipers, I would replace the DK's with as many Venoc viper squads as you can. And maybe add Armocs in place for the EOV.
I believe it's the CCC (whatever that acronym was) card.
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:25 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Quote:
SoA, you seem to have a modified Verizon of the Deathreavers card. As for your army buckeyesfan, as others have said it would be smart to take out EOV for range. Or if you'd rather have vipers, I would replace the DK's with as many Venoc viper squads as you can. And maybe add Armocs in place for the EOV.
No, it was the errata'd card released in the Wave 10 (Half Wave 5 reprint, half new figures). It is the more correct card.
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No, it was the errata'd card released in the Wave 10 (Half Wave 5 reprint, half new figures). It is the more correct card.
More points and a smaller size? I think I'll take my deathreavers . Where those eratta'd cards put in the boosters?
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
More points and a smaller size? I think I'll take my deathreavers . Where those eratta'd cards put in the boosters?
Whoops! I didn't notice the 55 points. Nevermind.
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:49 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

And my 400 point army

Venoc Warlord-120

Elite Onyx Vipers- 220

Death Knights x3- 400

What do you think?
I would recommend keep it basically the same but drop one of the death knights so you could get some ranged commons in. I like the Ashigaru Harqs. personally but the 4th Mass and 10th Reg are just as good, but you can only get 1 10th or your over 500.

So either 2x Ash. Harqs for 60 each leavin 40 pts for a filler or 2x 4th Mass. leaving 20 for filler.

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion