Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 11th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nitro (Design Phase)

If they're just Explosion Markers, I have no problem with the SA being dependent on them. Basically any permutation of the card that doesn't have the MGH-dependent powers theme is cool with me.
Old November 11th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
If they're just Explosion Markers, I have no problem with the SA being dependent on them. Basically any permutation of the card that doesn't have the MGH-dependent powers theme is cool with me.
Alright. I think originally I was just scratching for a name and ran with MGH without considering the impact it had on the range aspect. IMO the expanding range is a must.

I believe that will make everyone happy, but it brings us back to the names being too generic.

How about Self Detonation SA? Living Bomb for the 1st power? Gaseous Reconstitution for the final power?
Old November 11th, 2017, 08:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the MGH theme and mechanic. I don't want to lose it. I don't think he needs a growing expanding explosive effect without the MGH as that just sells it in my opinion. We just need to find a way to word it that doesn't seem to fiddly. Let me see if anything comes to me.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 11th, 2017, 08:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Nitro(Design Phase)

MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 2
At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to to add one MGH marker on each Army Card you control with the Mutant Growth Hormone special power. Nitro may never have more than 2 MGH markers on his card.

EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3+ Special.
All figures within “X” spaces of Nitro are affected by this Special Attack, where “X” is equal to 1+ the number of MGH Markers on this card. Add 1 to the Attack for each MGH Marker on this card. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense separately. After using Explosion Special Attack remove all MGH Markers from this card.

This allows MGH to be a reusable power with adjustments for the max number and allows his explosive power to be used without markers.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 11th, 2017, 08:26 PM
A Man of Taste

MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 2
At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to to add on MGH marker on each Army Card you control with the Mutant Growth Hormone X special power up to a max of 2.

EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4+ Special.
All figures within “X” spaces of Nitro are affected by this Special Attack, where “X” is equal to 1+ the number of MGH Markers on this card. Add 1 to the Attack for each MGH Marker on this card. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense separately. After using Explosion Special Attack remove all MGH Markers from this card.

Side note...attack of 4, 5, 6 on so many spaces is likely going to mess this guy up cost wise. If the expanding is what's important to you then keep the attack static and just let the MGH increase his range.

Old November 11th, 2017, 09:57 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 2
At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to to add one MGH marker on each Army Card you control with the Mutant Growth Hormone X special power up to a max of 2.

EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK

Side note...attack of 4, 5, 6 on so many spaces is likely going to mess this guy up cost wise. If the expanding is what's important to you then keep the attack static and just let the MGH increase his range.
I really like the idea of both range and attack capable of increasing. We can go with 3+ special here for the att. That would cap his attack at 5.
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:12 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:
MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 2
At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to to add one MGH marker on each Army Card you control with the Mutant Growth Hormone X special power up to a max of 2.

EXPLOSION SPECIAL ATTACK

I really like the idea of both range and attack capable of increasing. We can go with 3+ special here for the att. That would cap his attack at 5.

I just worry about it since every figure in a range of 5 is a lot of figures defending a 5 attack. We can wait and see though.

Old November 11th, 2017, 10:14 PM

Oh yea a range of 5 is too much. I was looking at a range of 3 with an attack of 5 (max)
Old November 12th, 2017, 02:22 PM

How does the wording japes created sound to everyone? @Ronin Now with only 2 markers and Attack 3+ special.
Old November 12th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm not too troubled over the wording so long as the mechanics are clear. Wording can be refined in Final Editing.

I would slightly tweak that version of the MGH power:

Quote:
At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to to place one orange MGH Marker on each Army Card you control with the Mutant Growth Hormones special power. There may never be more than 2 MGH Markers on this card.
Just to clarify that the number of markers on Nitro's card is what's being capped at 2 and not the number or Army Cards that you can place MGH Markers on (I think most people would get that right anyway, especially with Nitro currently being the only one, but it doesn't hurt to cross that 't' now).

Implementation-wise, I'm cool as long as he can explode without doing drugs. No issues with that last version.
Old November 12th, 2017, 04:07 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'm not too troubled over the wording so long as the mechanics are clear. Wording can be refined in Final Editing.

I would slightly tweak that version of the MGH power:

Quote:
At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to to place one orange MGH Marker on each Army Card you control with the Mutant Growth Hormones special power. There may never be more than 2 MGH Markers on this card.
Just to clarify that the number of markers on Nitro's card is what's being capped at 2 and not the number or Army Cards that you can place MGH Markers on (I think most people would get that right anyway, especially with Nitro currently being the only one, but it doesn't hurt to cross that 't' now).

Implementation-wise, I'm cool as long as he can explode without doing drugs. No issues with that last version.
Yeah that was my intent. Different figures may be capped differently depending on use/power. some may be 1 while others may get more. Good catch.

oh yeah and Lobby...never count on me for wording...I just try to get the point across the best I can plagiarizing what ever powers I can and let guys like Ronin and V translated it to actual heroscape words. I'm an engineer by day and art department by night...I do numbers and pictures...not words. You'd probably have figured that out soon enough so I'll just get it right out in the open

Old November 12th, 2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
oh yeah and Lobby...never count on me for wording...I just try to get the point across the best I can plagiarizing what ever powers I can and let guys like Ronin and V translated it to actual heroscape words. I'm an engineer by day and art department by night...I do numbers and pictures...not words. You'd probably have figured that out soon enough so I'll just get it right out in the open
Ha, I meant more in the sense of does this design pass Ronin's theme issues. If there are no other complaints I will call for an Initial Playtest.
@Arkham
@japes - YEA
@johnny139 YEA
@Ronin - YEA
@Yodaking - YEA

Last edited by L0B5T3R; November 24th, 2017 at 09:21 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library