Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 13th, 2015, 09:34 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

@Gurei-Ornery
Eh I have to agree with you, the Dark Nation & Watchers arn't really that great in comparison to the existing factions and the new Golden Army & Confederate Rebellion (the two I pledged for). I do hope they make it to the 300k mark, I really want the 10 female faction collector set. The only Faction I have atm is Outlaw.

The Watchers remind me alot of shorter versions of At-43's Cogs, except you know Cogs are alot cheaper & prepainted.

I love the Golden Army though, it's in my opinion the best aesthetically of the 4 new factions, though I think i'd like the Confederate Rebellion's play style best, specially with the mole machine.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old March 14th, 2015, 08:33 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sometime today, the Kickstarter for Mare Nostrum (2.0) should go up, if you want to check it out. It was originally a 3-5 player about the greatest empires in the Ancient world duking it out via military action, trading, economics, and building things. It was never released in the USA; I played the British version at a Con years ago, enjoyed it, and never saw it again!

The designer has just written articles in French detailing what has been changed, we started discussing them on bgg, and its looking good so far if you like this type of game. The new MN is supposedly more balanced, there are more ways to win, and now (new) minis which are different for each nation, etc. They are Egypt, Babylon, Greece, Carthage, and Rome, each with different special abilities, heroes, and more. I expect the new offering will have the details in English with photos.

Mare Nostrum started out as a good and popular game, hopefully now it will be a great one, with even a brand new two player version too. I'm excited, because I've been waiting over ten years to play it again. The few folks I've talked to who also played the old version also gave it a thumbs up!

(Edit: They just said there will be a week's delay due to video production).

Last edited by chas; March 15th, 2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old March 14th, 2015, 09:10 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The TV adventure puppet shows of British producer Gerry Anderson were childhood staples of the boomer generation, and the inspiration for the much later film Team America: World Police by the makers of South Park. Besides Thunderbirds, (which also had a movie), they were Supercar, Fireball XL-5, Stingray, and Captain Scarlet. There is an entire fan cult devoted to his works, with photo books, etc. that used to be available at scifi cons. He was also involved in live action TV series later on. Gerry Anderson passed away not long ago--see my commemorative custom for Captain Scarlet (text only) on my Supers custom thread.
Old March 29th, 2015, 06:11 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Just started backing Raging Heroes new Kickstarter, Light and Darkness. The concept art and sculptures are amazing and some of the most beautiful and disturbing female miniatures I've ever seen. Little bit of a warning they are not very child friendly.

Link Here

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old March 30th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Our friend justjohn at Smallboxgames has another KS up. I'm waiting for the game play video to decide.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ll/description

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 30th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Our friend justjohn at Smallboxgames has another KS up. I'm waiting for the game play video to decide.

Already backed it. For the artwork, if nothing else. It looks really neat, and I've never been disappointed by anything from Small Box Games.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 01:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Considering making this my first kickstarter backing.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 4th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

Already backed it. For the artwork, if nothing else. It looks really neat, and I've never been disappointed by anything from Small Box Games.
Just backed it. Dig the art and the mechanics seem sound. I like how the top card of the discard pile can affect how you may play a card and that you can take a draw action to discard a card you want on top of the discard pile and then take a play action to use a corresponding lord card to full effect.

I also like that there is player interaction by being able to destroy another player's Nomad marker, or take one of their Devotion cards.

Only concern is how tight the board will be as far as manipulating the tokens in such close proximity and if that aspect will be a little fiddly. But I doubt it will be a big deal.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 7th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Valkyrie looks pretty cool. I wish I had an extra $100 right now.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 7th, 2015, 07:24 PM

Status on my only three Kickstarters:

1. Age of Conan: Adventures In Hyborea Delayed for months.

2. Quartermaster General: Air Marshal On schedule for...July.

3. Mare Nostrum 2.0 Launch delayed while waiting for postponed video production.

The course of true love never runs smooth...but I have to admit, I'm becoming pretty disenchanted with the whole thing. My first game born on KS I got at my FLGS a couple of years ago, after its initial funding, back before I know what KS was. It was just fine that way; discovering it in the store. Empires of the Void then came out with a free 2.0 anyhow online; so I missed nothing by obtaining it later (post KS) but the aggravation of a long wait. And it seems that most 'unique' stretch extras for offerings become available for a few extra bucks anyhow after production.

On the one hand, its a useful alternative. On the other hand, my picks above are all good bets where the designers actually know what they are doing. I hate to think what lesser lights are foisting on their backers.
Old May 5th, 2015, 11:17 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

I am backing Shadowstars Corsairs right now on Kickstarter. Looks to be a nice game of generating resources and using them to buy things that you turn in for victory points while at the same time fighting the other players for resources you do not have.

At this point it is funded and the first stretch goal has been reached.

This is the second KS for the game after the first one did not get enough funding to cover everything that the designer wanted to put in the game. He reworked what was being offered and tried again. There are some videos and reviews out about the earlier version and the initial rules for this version as well that do not reflect the current state of the rules. Check out this thread on BBG for an important update on player actions:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1363...-match-actions

In the old way of doing things a player would have 13 possible actions and could only do one of them a turn. Now the player choices one of 5. The first choice allows the player to turn in cards for Victory Points. The other 4 allow the player to allocate their actions between three areas. I was on the fence on getting this one as I felt 1 choice out of 13 was going to really slow the game down, but this change made me decide to go ahead and back the project.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old May 18th, 2015, 11:54 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

For Shadowstar Corsairs all bonus component levels have been unlocked. There are 24 hours left to go if you want to pick up any of this before it closes.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games