Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 4th, 2009, 06:16 PM

Billgod has disabled reputation
Hypothetical rules..

Here is our problem we are having. Our normal playing board is a 6ft across hex. Most characters take too long or never even make it across the board in a game. We have decided to double the move and range of characters. This is working out well for our board. The question comes up again and again should we double the range of auras? I want to get popular opinion here and see what everyone else would do under this situation and a brief why you would do so.

Thanks

Bill
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hypothetical rules..

I'd just make a smaller map.

Last edited by Nadom; August 4th, 2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I don't think you should. I'm basing my opinion on on the "special attacks are never modified" rule. Also, defense +2 for everybody within 8 spaces? I don't think so, if you were to double the points, then it might work out .

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

I would suggest that this thread go in the Other Customization & HS Additions subforum, rather than the Official Rules subforum.

And, yeah, what Nadom said.
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:21 PM

scorpionslayer Woo who?

if your saying they can't reach the enemy in 12 rounds, than double or forget the rounds.

Do the Dew
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

My immediate reactions were
  • build smaller maps
  • play longer games
  • play the Heat of Battle variant*
But, to address you question, NO, do not increase aura's sizes. Since all the cheerleaders are sped up they can keep up with their allies. They are priced off being able to affect a certain number of figs, and changing aura sizes would throw that off.

*For those who don't know: Heat of Battle-There are no starting zones; players take turns placing one cards worth of units anywhere on the battlefield, except on glyphs, until all figures are placed.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post

BRILLIANT!!!!!
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:37 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Last edited by Bonecrusher; August 4th, 2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:35 PM

Smaller Map?? We have 8 master sets + at least 2 of every expansion.. We like big boards with high point teams. We just thought it would be a little easier going with double move double range. it's too hard for someone to have a team of minions and pin someone down on a board that size.

Thanks for everyones input. and YES sorry I should have posted this under the mods section. Was not thinking at the time.
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:37 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgod View Post
Smaller Map?? We have 8 master sets + at least 2 of every expansion.. We like big boards with high point teams. We just thought it would be a little easier going with double move double range. it's too hard for someone to have a team of minions and pin someone down on a board that size.

Thanks for everyones input. and YES sorry I should have posted this under the mods section. Was not thinking at the time.

Your best bet would then be to assign split start zones across the entire map so Round 1 would be the equivalent of Round 5 or 6 as far as movement goes.
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM

We have tried placing 1 army card on the board anywhere. The next person places theirs where ever they wish. The only rule is you can't start adjacent to any opponent. This makes for VERY fast games and really screws up peoples "game plan" If you have not tried it. I would recommend at least giving it a shot. The split starting zones are good to start off. It's once you get down to only a few chars on the board. Then you spend round after round just moving.
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:46 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgod View Post
We have tried placing 1 army card on the board anywhere. The next person places theirs where ever they wish. The only rule is you can't start adjacent to any opponent. This makes for VERY fast games and really screws up peoples "game plan" If you have not tried it. I would recommend at least giving it a shot. The split starting zones are good to start off. It's once you get down to only a few chars on the board. Then you spend round after round just moving.

The other option is to start with 2 start zones....melee units go in the front start zone...ranged units start in the back start zone. The melee start zone is X number of spaces in front of the ranged one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's