Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
2 vs. 1 rules.

Unfourtunately, there aren't rules for this officially. And there should be.

I have two mastersets, one sotm, one castle, one lava, and one tundra. I don't feel like making a new map for three players. (I can't play on anything non-symmetrical, even if it's off by only one hex.)

For example, lets say each team gets 1000 points.

Player 1 gets 1000 points, and player 2 and 3 each get 500 points (You cannot donate points to the other team becuase then one player gets more points and one person gets left out.)

Player one gets 2 sets of order markers. It's easier if you have a set of green order markers and a set of grey (or gray) order markers.

Players 2 and 3 get to look at each other's order markers.

When we tried this out we didn't use initative becuase we'd all forget whose turn was whose. The turn order went: Player 2, Player 1 Green Turn (With green order markers), Player 3, Player 1 Grey (or gray) Turn. (With the other set of order markers.)

Is there any problems with this? Suggestions?
Old November 22nd, 2007, 06:47 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Player 1 would have the advantage of ordering any one unit up to six times or concentrating order markers on only a few units. You could make four 500 point armies and have player 1 play two of them. No mixing order markers between player 1's two armies.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
The idea of two sets of order markers for the one player sound good.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:43 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
The player by himself should have more points than the two-player team combined. That's what he gets for only getting one turn to their two.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 10:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
The player by himself should have more points than the two-player team combined. That's what he gets for only getting one turn to their two.
We tried that in the early days of 'Scape (up to Wave 4), but found that the extra activations are worth more than the extra points, unless the lone player has many common squads.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:30 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Player one has to control two seperate armies of 500 points as if he were two people. Everything else stays the same. Even rolling for initiative.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:20 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Of course, the scenario/map can make a big difference. You could give the player by himself an avantageous position: being inside a tall castle, having to defend a position, etc.

If you're talking about a fair match on a symetrical map, we've tried many possibilities and adopted theses two:

Two set of Order Marker and same total:
2x500 points Vs 1000 points with two seperate sets of Order Markers (grey and green), no more than 4 Markers of the same color on a Card.

One set of Order Markers:
2x500 points Vs 1500 points.
The rule of thumb here is to give the player by himself 3x the base points of one player.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old November 23rd, 2007, 07:52 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Player one has to control two seperate armies of 500 points as if he were two people. Everything else stays the same. Even rolling for initiative.
This post says it the best. In our little group, when the fourth person can't play one of the other players "fills in" for that person. So far we have seen no need to make any alterations to point totals or order markers.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:57 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard
Quote:
This post says it the best. In our little group, when the fourth person can't play one of the other players "fills in" for that person. So far we have seen no need to make any alterations to point totals or order markers.
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:11 PM

rommel1369 is surprisingly tart
Re: 2 vs. 1 rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard
Quote:
Yes I totally agree. There are 3 of us that play every friday. In the beginning I often found myself fighting the other 2 (I don't blame them hehe) until I figured I may as well just make scenarios with 2 vs 1. I thought of a bunch of things... double markers for player 1 doesn't work well as you could just load up your heavy or a bonding squad with all 6 markers and pour your attacks in to one army/character. If the lone player only had 3 markers but more points he better have lots of bonding and extra points as his opponents will have twice as many turns (it would be easy to go after player ones inactive characters then). The best way is to just have 4 armies with one player controling 2 of them. It is not hard to remember initiative. Player one gets army 1 and 2. Player 2 goes after army 1 and player 3 goes after army 2. Player one rolls initiative seperately for both his armies and simply remembers which army had the higher roll when figuring out the winner.

One of the best scenarios we did was have player 1 with 2 - 750 point armies and players 2-3 with 1 - 1250 point army. It was a defensive battle for player 1 and he was given 4 bridge walls and 110 hexes to build up a defence in his end to how he saw fit. We played it 3 times with each of us taking a turn being the defender. Hehe I was part of the winning team every game.... my finest game was when I was the defender and decided to draft Kelda/krav maga agents/Hulk/Braxas in one army and Stingers/Hive/Venom/Raelin/Syvarris in the other. Each army had a mobile strike force that could move with ease in and out of the defensive position
(Hulk, Braxas, and Venom) and some defenders to hold the fort (Krav Maga,Stingers, and Syvarris). Braxas did little for me even after healing him from near death, maybe killing 40-50 points of stuff. Venom killed at the least his point cost and proved to be slippery... and Hulk was simply devestating. I was able to heal him from near death twice and he ended up killing off 2 squads, Marcus D G, Both Raelin's (one in each army), Kelda, Mimring, And DW 9000 was 1 punched by a raging Hulk.... not to mention that his advance along with Venom's actually forced both my opponents to advance their front lines back towards their starting position. In the end after the smoke had cleared their tattered, leaderless armies advanced once again. The defenders destroyed them with ease. I still had around 750 points worth of stuff at game end.

Lol anyways the point is that with 3 players simply have 4 armies with one player controlling 2 of them. Also I have a new respect for Hulk whom I figured was overpriced... if used properly he is devestating and is always feared by your opponents. Who knows he might even make good bait
Old February 11th, 2010, 12:54 AM

oni is surprisingly tart

You scared me. I thought SA was back...

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old February 11th, 2010, 06:21 AM

rommel1369 is surprisingly tart

Why did I get bad rep for this post? I know it is old but why start a new one on the same subject?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion