Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: WotC ends miniature production

I have a quick question. Are any of the current Fantasy Flight miniature games on a hex movement system?

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Anyway it is no wonder that WotC is losing money left and right
How do you know this?
Hasbro is a publicly traded company. WotC's side is barely a blip on the radar except that all of their big projects over the past couple years have not made profits anywhere near the effort put into them. Add the fact that overhead costs have gone up extensively and you have a company that is constantly losing money. They layoff employees regularly too, restructuring all the time. You don't have to be a financial manager to understand that the company is in trouble.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
all of their big projects over the past couple years have not made profits anywhere near the effort put into them.
The sad truth is that this is a fact for every industry ever.

Its far easier to turn a profit making a passable product that people will buy, than making a high-quality or original product that people will love.

Also see rampant sequels in every entertainment medium, whether or not the original warranted it, that and slightly revising a product in hopes that one person will buy it multiple times (like every version of Monopoly ever!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:42 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Try Final Fantasy Tactics. It is pretty much the same thing as Heroscape.
Actually, when Ewok Esenwein first brought over RotV back in '04, one of the first comments I made was, "Wow! Finally a multiplayer FFT!"

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:49 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How do you know this?
Hasbro is a publicly traded company. WotC's side is barely a blip on the radar except that all of their big projects over the past couple years have not made profits anywhere near the effort put into them. Add the fact that overhead costs have gone up extensively and you have a company that is constantly losing money. They layoff employees regularly too, restructuring all the time. You don't have to be a financial manager to understand that the company is in trouble.
Got it. You don't know and are just making wild guesses.
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
You know what tabletop gaming needs. The holoboard like in Star Wars.

Imagine a table that rendered 3D color images of figures that you can actually watch move and shoot when you direct them on the board's projected hexagonal terrain!

Worried about expansion set costs and distribution? No problem; they just make new units in the programming and you download the expansions from the internet.

Sure, we'll lose the tactile old school feeling and its 12 years off from being feasible, but if minis are no longer profitable, we may have to jump onto the future.
Did any of you ever see this?:

http://www.etc.cmu.edu/projects/surfacescapes/demo.html

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/02/10...osoft-surface/
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:14 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
You know what tabletop gaming needs. The holoboard like in Star Wars.

Imagine a table that rendered 3D color images of figures that you can actually watch move and shoot when you direct them on the board's projected hexagonal terrain!

Worried about expansion set costs and distribution? No problem; they just make new units in the programming and you download the expansions from the internet.

Sure, we'll lose the tactile old school feeling and its 12 years off from being feasible, but if minis are no longer profitable, we may have to jump onto the future.
Did any of you ever see this?:

http://www.etc.cmu.edu/projects/surfacescapes/demo.html

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/02/10...osoft-surface/
And they say they can't make Heroscape games...what a bunch of liars.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:05 AM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How do you know this?
Got it. You don't know and are just making wild guesses.
Yeah, wild guesses called weak profits in the past year, canceled product lines and laid off employees. If those count as wild guesses I'm glad you're not in charge of any of my money. Sorry but I'm not going to read their 100+ page annual investors report and summarize it for you to appease your need for specific info. If you can prove otherwise do it Mr. Stockbroker, but WotC and Hasbro as a whole are not making as much bank as they used to. If you think otherwise you're not too bright.

Old January 18th, 2011, 09:50 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

From this

Quote:
to this

Quote:
WotC and Hasbro as a whole are not making as much bank as they used to.
is called moving targets and does not make for a valid argument.

And if you don't have a valid argument then might as well go to the personal attacks.

Quote:
If you think otherwise you're not too bright.
Good day sir.
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

C'mon guys. Let's keep things civil.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
From this

Quote:
to this

Quote:

And if you don't have a valid argument then might as well go to the personal attacks.

Quote:
Good day sir.
And you have no facts, just debate. Anyone can say the opposite of someone without any basis. That doesn't make them right. Oh and the personal attacks were started by you. I'm done debating with you as you obviously have no knowledge about any of it. You just wanted to start a fight.

Old January 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
From this

Quote:
to this

Quote:

Quote:
Good day sir.
And you have no facts, just debate. Anyone can say the opposite of someone without any basis. That doesn't make them right. Oh and the personal attacks were started by you. I'm done debating with you as you obviously have no knowledge about any of it. You just wanted to start a fight.
Your are right, I don't have any facts about WotC's profitability. It is obvious you don't either. I have made no assertion about WotC's profitability. You did and I just simply asked you to back it up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News