Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 13th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Margloth's Custom Superhero Thread -- VALLHALLA!

Some really nice cards there, Margloth. I like your out of the box thinking for Odin, but currently, he's broken. He can't be destroyed.

Otherwise, I'm surprised you don't have Loki or Balder in there with the Vallhalla charaters. Also, you could probably move Hercules to your Marvel section since he's not from Vallhalla at all.
Old April 13th, 2011, 05:28 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Some really nice cards there, Margloth. I like your out of the box thinking for Odin, but currently, he's broken. He can't be destroyed.

Otherwise, I'm surprised you don't have Loki or Balder in there with the Vallhalla charaters. Also, you could probably move Hercules to your Marvel section since he's not from Vallhalla at all.
He's also never on the battlefield. 500 points for a figure who attacks only once a round is still a gamble... and my understanding would be if all your other figures are destroyed, you would lose as you have no figures on the battlefield (aka, the paratroopers from Classic).

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old April 13th, 2011, 06:35 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Quote:

He's also never on the battlefield. 500 points for a figure who attacks only once a round is still a gamble... and my understanding would be if all your other figures are destroyed, you would lose as you have no figures on the battlefield (aka, the paratroopers from Classic).
You are correct, you would lose.

Wow you came out with a lot of cards all at once. Impressive! It's going to take me some time to look at them all...

Old April 13th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

So Odin's defense and life are just for flare?
Old April 13th, 2011, 06:53 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
So Odin's attack, defense and life are just for flare?
Well, kind of. The attack actually comes into play, and the rest of his stats looked kinda silly as 0's or 1's... didn't seem very godly.

I'll admit that it's a new / strange idea, and maybe not perfect. I was trying for something different. I also felt that it was probably important for him to stats in every box, simply because there might be other powers on other cards that might affect / reference them.

Just for fun, I've added my Magneto and Professor X customs as well. I realize I'm releasing a lot of cards, but I only recently got MSE working correctly...

Old April 13th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

When you explain how the card works, it's really cool. Kudos on a very unique and fun looking card.
Old April 13th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Just for fun, I've added my Magneto and Professor X customs as well. I realize I'm releasing a lot of cards, but I only recently got MSE working correctly...
I don't see Magneto or Prof X.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you're currently editing the first post.
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

I'm really impressed with Magneto and Prof X, Margloth. I think Professor X's Mind Games is better suited for a Special Attack, though.

EDIT: Sorry for the 3 consecutive posts.
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I'm really impressed with Magneto and Prof X, Margloth. I think Professor X's Mind Games is better suited for a Special Attack, though.
Ahh, good point. Also, I was thinking I should tone down Mental Supression a bit, perhaps, or it might be crazy good. I'll work on that and hopefully update in the next few days.

Old April 26th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

So, my question is, Why do you have stick figure's for the targeting zones and not an actual figure?
Old April 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
So, my question is, Why do you have stick figure's for the targeting zones and not an actual figure?
Because I'm lazy.

Also because I am not a graphic artist.

And also because 90% of the time it doesn't matter a whole lot.

But one of these days I really should get better.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:30 PM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?
Re: Margloth's Custom Superhero Thread -- THOR RISES!

I actually think there's a neat concept in the Odin card. When drafting, you could devote X-amount of points to a deity-like...aura. Certain gods would give certain buffs or de-buffs or special powers or help certain races. The figure would never enter the battle field mainly because there isn't a physical figure. They would essentially be glyphs (more or less) that you'd trade for army quantity that you wouldn't have to worry about having to use glyph-grabbing units.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations