Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old July 24th, 2008, 12:27 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marvel version of BoV, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I like somebody's idea of making them joinable to build large cityscapes. Maybe we could have the "Streets of New York" be a collection of modular Marvel maps. I'd have to play around with different dimensions and configurations and such, but it might work.
I like that idea too...whoever thought of that must be some kind of freaking genius or something...everyone should send him some pos rep for that idea. I think I am going to do that right now.
Personally, I think everyone should give some +rep to the genius who came up with the idea for a Marvel version of BoV, especially because that somebody's idea about the maps having to connect would never have been thought of if the person who came up with the Marvel BoV idea had never "voiced" it.
Dude, having an idea is easy. Implementing it is another. Oh, and don't ask for rep. It makes you seem like you're begging. Besides, look you made the "give him rep" comment. If you knew Onacara as well as the rest of us, you'd know that there's a 75% chance that he was joking. I know how he phrases things. He's just trying to get into your head.

Anyway, BOTopic, I like the idea of a Battlefields Of Marvel (BOM). Since this is your own idea, make the qualifying rules yourself and see how we like it. If it goes over well, the rep will start to come in.

Set usage I would suggest:
1-2 Marvel
1 Marvel + 1 Expansion
1 Marvel + 1 Master (for large builds)

Marvel is up close and personal. Maps don't really need to be Huge. Interlocking maps is interesting, but size restrictions would limit an already limited set.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:30 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

75% chance?????
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:50 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I like somebody's idea of making them joinable to build large cityscapes. Maybe we could have the "Streets of New York" be a collection of modular Marvel maps. I'd have to play around with different dimensions and configurations and such, but it might work.
I like that idea too...whoever thought of that must be some kind of freaking genius or something...everyone should send him some pos rep for that idea. I think I am going to do that right now.
Personally, I think everyone should give some +rep to the genius who came up with the idea for a Marvel version of BoV, especially because that somebody's idea about the maps having to connect would never have been thought of if the person who came up with the Marvel BoV idea had never "voiced" it.
Dude, having an idea is easy. Implementing it is another. Oh, and don't ask for rep. It makes you seem like you're begging. Besides, look you made the "give him rep" comment. If you knew Onacara as well as the rest of us, you'd know that there's a 75% chance that he was joking. I know how he phrases things. He's just trying to get into your head.

Anyway, BOTopic, I like the idea of a Battlefields Of Marvel (BOM). Since this is your own idea, make the qualifying rules yourself and see how we like it. If it goes over well, the rep will start to come in.

Set usage I would suggest:
1-2 Marvel
1 Marvel + 1 Expansion
1 Marvel + 1 Master (for large builds)

Marvel is up close and personal. Maps don't really need to be Huge. Interlocking maps is interesting, but size restrictions would limit an already limited set.

Yes, I knew Onacara was joking, and I was joking as well. I was not intending to truly ask for rep, but if it came across as that way, I apologize.

But anyway, about what you said about putting in my own qualifying rules since it's my own idea, I did have some basic rules in my head, I just figured if other people liked the idea, then if and when I received judge volunteers, they could decide on the official rules. But if I ever get around to it, I guess I'll edit my first post and post some basic guidelines of what I was thinking. Thanks for your help,
TSS

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.

Last edited by The Silver Surfer; July 24th, 2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:55 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The joining them all together thing actually is fairly easy to do once the first one or even first few is complete and voted on.

you just need to match up one end of the next map..

Ideally of you made each map into a MOP then yuo can use the same maps for small or larger games by putting them together to make a whole city
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We could base it off of this: http://heroscape.glasq.com/mops.htm
Pick two opposite sides and use the first two rows as start zones, then you'd have 11 space start zones and *think* you might be able to make them just with the marvel set.
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

I like your idea. However, I'm not crazy about interlocking maps. I think the more complexity you add the harder it'll be to actually execute it. My idea would be to limit each map to 1 marvel legends master set and one terrain expansion. This way you keep the small battlefield close combat feel with a little bit more flexibility. I would also be willing to be a playtester/judge if you need some.
Old July 25th, 2008, 07:02 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Ok, I'm going to have no access to the internet for the next 2 to 3 weeks, but when I get back, I'll post some basic guidelines in the first post, and also PM anyone who said they're interested in judging. And thanks for volunteering, stumpy_man!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"

Old July 26th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think that each MOP should be judged as both an individual map and as part of a larger cityscape. Also, I volunteer to judge too
Old July 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Everyone is going to want to be a judge, that's why that should go on behind closed doors. Pick people you trust, that have proven they know what a good map is.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 07:06 PM

Hey everyone,
Sorry I have posted in a while or gotten back to the judge volunteers, but I'm afraid I won't be able to continue trying to work out this out because I'm going to be taking a leave of absences from Heroscapers until further notice. But if anyone else wants to continue this idea, feel free, because I would love see something accomplished when I come back to the site.
Farewell fellow Heroscapers. Until next time,
TSS

Old August 23rd, 2008, 02:15 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Tootle-loo, The Silver Surfer. Have a great leave (vacation).

Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:50 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

I'd be willing to try to lead this project and get it off the ground. I think this a great idea because I think people need some good Marvel only maps. If you would like to judge and feel that you are qualified, you can PM me and we can try to get this going.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios