Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 8th, 2018, 09:36 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm really curious what the big changes are. I read the product description and it looks like it's the same as v1 except now pilots can have force tokens.

I also see they're making the new S-Foils upgrade part of the original set. Mostly it just seems like an opportunity to rebalance all the ships in a less ham-handed way than the new Saw's Renegades set (I mean, I love X-Wings so it's an exciting set, but...).
There was no where else for them to go design-wise, and the result was showing up as such in the tournaments. Lately, the only time there's been any kind of excitement has been after either a new wave release or a FAQ change as people try to discover what is good/competitive. Once the meta becomes solved each time, it's the same stuff showing up over and over again and a lot of it was SUPER broken. Sounds familiar. But, unlike Heroscape, where we at least have different rulesets and point costs for our tournaments, X-Wing suffers from the same event format every single time (100 point lists and six obstacles) and FFG hasn't really done much to change that. They do have a bring-two format, called "Hangar Bay", but it's often just a side event as something to kill time once you've been knocked out of the main tournament.

Now they plan to have an app that determines the point cost of each ship and upgrade, so the balance has become completely separate from the design. If a feature becomes too powerful and hence too common? Just raise the cost. It gets done whenever they choose to upload the values to the app and it will be instantaneous. No more people showing up to events not knowing of FAQ changes/nerfs. And they've said the app will be the means through which they introduce different kinds of events as well, specifically mentioning how they plan to target the casual and thematic players, as well as the competitive. This way everyone can show up to the local store and have a chance or play what they're the most interested in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures