Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 28th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Mera (Design Phase)

I'd be fine with upping her stats if, like quozl said, it's thematic overall for her.
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:55 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
When on water spaces, the two Aquamans are 5L/5M/3R/8A/7D and 5L/5M/1R/6A/6D (with a ranged SA and Submerge 11). I think 5 Life and 4 base Defense here would be justifiable.

Hard Water is pretty good, as long as she's on a map with water. I could see tweaking the rolls or range if testing shows it too powerful. Otherwise, she looks good to me.
If someone takes her on a map with no water that's there deal. Personally if you are testing this on a map without water she should seem under powered.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 28th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I'd be fine with upping her stats if, like quozl said, it's thematic overall for her.
In the Geoff Johns works featuring Mera, she is shown to be quite the capable fighter, fighting side-by-side with Aquaman on multiple occasions. I'm not sure if the more iconic version version of the character is less of a fighter, as I haven't read any of the earlier stuff. I also haven't touched any New 52 Aquaman, but Mera's bio on comic vine & wikipedia doesn't look very different from the character that I'm familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
When on water spaces, the two Aquamans are 5L/5M/3R/8A/7D and 5L/5M/1R/6A/6D (with a ranged SA and Submerge 11). I think 5 Life and 4 base Defense here would be justifiable.

Hard Water is pretty good, as long as she's on a map with water. I could see tweaking the rolls or range if testing shows it too powerful. Otherwise, she looks good to me.
If someone takes her on a map with no water that's there deal. Personally if you are testing this on a map without water she should seem under powered.
Very true. Also, some figures have ways to place extra water tiles on the map. Tempest can place water tiles, and if you draft non-Atlanteans, Hydro-Man can also place water tiles. So even on a dry map Mera & Aquaman could do pretty well if they're in the right army.
Old February 28th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Mera is sort of interesting power-wise because, for a long time, she was sort of "Aquaman's girlfriend" and not much more. But in the past decade or so she's been getting a big push and I'd put them on equal footing. So you could really go either way - I'd say that the more recent version is more popular and getting to be the iconic one, though.

She'll need to be tested with Tempest 99% of the time, and I suspect as a result Hard Water's roll is going to go up... but I'm mostly cool with her as-is.

One exception - and this is sort of a weird precedent, I admit - but historically, our "love" powers have A) had no range limit and B) been character-specific. On top of that, it's a bit weird to me that she only feels love when within 6 spaces of her husband... I'd kind of like the power to be active as long as you control Aquaman. It seems strange to me to have her be "in love" with Namor or Orm or whatever.

Unless we rename it to Atlantean Consort or something which implies more politics than emotion.
Old February 28th, 2015, 03:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The SotM Raelin power is fine. But when paired with Hydro-Man or Tempest, she becomes extremely powerful. 6 defense (7 with height) in a strategic spot, and the ability to autowound everything within 4(!) spaces every turn.

(As with my CRB reviews, I am giving my first impression of the OP without reading earlier commentary. I hope this is considered useful.)
Old February 28th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
the ability to autowound everything within 4(!) spaces every turn.
Yeah, I'd like to make the autowound easier to avoid.

How about this?

Quote:
HARD WATER 11
Instead of attacking, if Mera is within 2 spaces of a water space, you may roll the 20-sided die for all opponents' figures adjacent to that water space, one at a time. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives one wound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 28th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Mera is sort of interesting power-wise because, for a long time, she was sort of "Aquaman's girlfriend" and not much more. But in the past decade or so she's been getting a big push and I'd put them on equal footing. So you could really go either way - I'd say that the more recent version is more popular and getting to be the iconic one, though.
Definitley sounds more interesting (and less 1940s ) to me.
Quote:

One exception - and this is sort of a weird precedent, I admit - but historically, our "love" powers have A) had no range limit and B) been character-specific. On top of that, it's a bit weird to me that she only feels love when within 6 spaces of her husband... I'd kind of like the power to be active as long as you control Aquaman. It seems strange to me to have her be "in love" with Namor or Orm or whatever.
Hmmm... another interesting thing about doing it like that is that Atlantean King gives synergy with Aquaman vI and Namor, whereas tying it to the name Aquaman gives her synergy with Aquaman vI and vII - probably more thematic, and arguably more useful (and I wouldn't be surprised to see an Atlantean King synergy for Aquaman vI and Namor down the line anyway.)

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 28th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Atlantean King synergy could work on some Atlantean Soldiers/Palace Guards.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 28th, 2015, 05:33 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm... another interesting thing about doing it like that is that Atlantean King gives synergy with Aquaman vI and Namor, whereas tying it to the name Aquaman gives her synergy with Aquaman vI and vII - probably more thematic, and arguably more useful (and I wouldn't be surprised to see an Atlantean King synergy for Aquaman vI and Namor down the line anyway.)
Too late: Aqualad

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old February 28th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Too late: Aqualad
Atlantean Hero =/= Atlantean King. I was thinking more specific.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 28th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Loving the direction! My thoughts:
1) Yeah, her current stats are too low. Bringing her life up to 5 and her defense up to 4 sounds like a good start. I could even see her attack being bumped to 5.
2) I agree with johnny that specifically naming Aquaman for Love of Atlantis makes more sense than Atlantean King.
3) I also agree that Hard Water as-is is really powerful, but I'm not a fan of quozl's suggested tweak (she needs to have water around to use, but her Hard Water abilities aren't restricted by the water's location). Personally, I'd just bump the roll on it up to 14 or 15, but otherwise leave it as-is.

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 1st, 2015, 08:59 AM
Hard as ice

Hmmm.... I'm wondering, Love of Atlantis being just a conditional defence aura for Atlanteans seems a little dull to me, and while it might fit as a 'love' power, it doesn't really feel particularly vivid as one to me. I'm wondering if something along these lines would work:

LOVE OF ATLANTIS
If you control Aquaman and he is not destroyed, add one to the Defense of Mera and all Atlanteans you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Mera. If Aquaman is in your army and he is destroyed, add one to the Attack of Mera and all Atlanteans you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Mera.

The idea here is that, when Aquaman is alive, her calming influence improves your Atlanteans' defence, but if he's dead, she's so angry that her influence improves their attack instead (which doesn't seem unthematic, seeing as she was angry enough to be a Red Lantern for a time). I know an Attack aura is powerful, but you're likely to be pretty badly damaged by the time it hits anyway, and your guys won't be able to take the same kind of punishment anymore. Thoughts?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library