Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old February 12th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Heroscape Season 5: ROUND 3 POSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendaryIrishSword View Post
Ehhhh either way it matters not, it depends on the player. Anyone can be a bad*** with any army.....except maybe with Evar Scarcarver and Obsidian Guards...LOL....Quahon is good let's leave it at that....and I would like to play you in tournament style, but we always seem to miss each other. So if we don't play each other by the end of this tournament, I say we play a Quahon vs Nilfheim match...
TLIS, are you implying that Evar Scarcarver sucks?
First, was does TLIS mean?

Second, Evar is a decent figure, IMO.
It stands for his name.

EDIT: It can also stand for The Light Is Shiny.
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:25 PM

TheLegendaryIrishSword knows what's in an order marker TheLegendaryIrishSword knows what's in an order marker
Re: Online Heroscape Season 5: ROUND 4 POSTED

I definitely don't think he's worth his point value is all I am saying. Any heroscape piece can be good in the right scenario or the right support. I have never seen many people be like "Oh yeah my 1st draft choice is Evar Scarcarver." LOL.....How many people drafted him for this tournament?.......*cricket* It was a crack at him and I hope I did not offend anyone.

The Legendary Irish Sword
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:03 AM

TheLegendaryIrishSword knows what's in an order marker TheLegendaryIrishSword knows what's in an order marker

It's The Legendary Irish Sword but I like your spin on it too...lol

Old February 13th, 2013, 04:21 AM

Hey with Unique Attack Glyph, that means Uncommon do not get a bonus correct????

Old February 13th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Hey with Unique Attack Glyph, that means Uncommon do not get a bonus correct????
Incorrect.
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Ok, but you did say Q9, Raelin, & Rats were overpowered and hinted that the game doesn't need more of those, and you compared Quahon to being on their level (I don't believe she is, but let's just say she is). In the last 3 online seasons 4 of your 6 armies have used Q9, Raelin, or Rats. So you'd think that if Quahon is on their level you'd be happy to have a 4th 'over-powered' figure to add to your army builds.
First no, because I don't want to use a bath toy and see it in all my games.
It's like TBR or Sujoah well they're bad, but even if they were good I would never play them, because they've such an horrible design.
For example I never play 4th mass, even if they're really good because I don't like them.
And I actually I never played Q9 before Season 4 but I really wanted to play Anubians Wolves, and Q9 have a good synergy with them and was the only figures who could help them to win some matches (they still went 0-2 ).

Secondly, it's bring two, so if you think my builds are overpowered, feel free to take them.
My Q9 build was 0-2 in season 4 (lost once with it, then win once against it) actually.
I had no problems defeating my Tron build in season 3.
You can't really say a build involving Brunak, Finn without Westons and 5 cards to put OMs on is overpowered, it's really tricky to use (and obviously no of my opponents took this build).

Old February 13th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Quote:
Incorrect.
Bengi is correct. Uncommon=Unique for everything except how many you can have.

Old February 13th, 2013, 11:22 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I definitely don't think he's worth his point value is all I am saying. Any heroscape piece can be good in the right scenario or the right support. I have never seen many people be like "Oh yeah my 1st draft choice is Evar Scarcarver." LOL.....How many people drafted him for this tournament?.......*cricket* It was a crack at him and I hope I did not offend anyone.
I used him in my very first online match against dok. He did more damage than all the rest of my army put together--although the fact that I mismanaged my OMs early and badly botched my first round had something to do with the poor performance of the rest of my army.

When I have 110 points left in an army and not enough spaces for the AE (or if I already have s good ranged component), Evar Scarcarver is high on my consideration list. I think he is an underrated figure, much like the Frost Giant. Would he be better (and still fair) at 100 points? Maybe. 90 points? That might be too cheap.

He is my favorite figure to use on Ember Canyon Road, bar none. In fact, I don't like the idea of playing that map without him in my army.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Evar Scarcarver is high on my consideration list. I think he is an underrated figure, much like the Frost Giant. Would he be better (and still fair) at 100 points? Maybe. 90 points? That might be too cheap.
A double-attack of strength 6 (one of those at range) would definitely be broken at 90 point; probably 100 as well.

Many of the 'high-priced/offset-priced' figures are priced according to a specific condition or even terrain. When you modify their price, then don't modify that condition accordingly, you can end up with a broken figure.
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Evar Scarcarver is high on my consideration list. I think he is an underrated figure, much like the Frost Giant. Would he be better (and still fair) at 100 points? Maybe. 90 points? That might be too cheap.
A double-attack of strength 6 (one of those at range) would definitely be broken at 90 point; probably 100 as well.

Many of the 'high-priced/offset-priced' figures are priced according to a specific condition or even terrain. When you modify their price, then don't modify that condition accordingly, you can end up with a broken figure.
Yeah take away frost rage and he's only worth around 70 points but if they add it and leave him at that you'd have a completely OP figure that everyone would draft taking out all the fun.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old February 13th, 2013, 12:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
And Foudzing, weren't you the one that was asking for more competitive figures from C3V, saying the Beakface Sneaks for instance were too weak...
excerpt from the SoV nominations thread back before Quahon's release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Seriously I think you counfound "competitive" and "over-powered".
Raelin, Q9 and the rats are the only over-powered units in the whole game.
Please release a figure we could use in normal games, and draft it in order to win and not in order to "try new stuff". Just one, please.
Quahon is that one figure, I guess you got your wish.
Quahon is certainly competitive. However, anyone who argues that the Vulcanmech Incendiborgs haven't also reached the point of being obviously competitive is crazy. And for that matter, Ulfrid and the Eradicators are clearly high-level armies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Quote:
Ok, but you did say Q9, Raelin, & Rats were overpowered and hinted that the game doesn't need more of those, and you compared Quahon to being on their level (I don't believe she is, but let's just say she is). In the last 3 online seasons 4 of your 6 armies have used Q9, Raelin, or Rats. So you'd think that if Quahon is on their level you'd be happy to have a 4th 'over-powered' figure to add to your army builds.
First no, because I don't want to use a bath toy and see it in all my games.
It's like TBR or Sujoah well they're bad, but even if they were good I would never play them, because they've such an horrible design.
For example I never play 4th mass, even if they're really good because I don't like them.
And I actually I never played Q9 before Season 4 but I really wanted to play Anubians Wolves, and Q9 have a good synergy with them and was the only figures who could help them to win some matches (they still went 0-2 ).

Secondly, it's bring two, so if you think my builds are overpowered, feel free to take them.
My Q9 build was 0-2 in season 4 (lost once with it, then win once against it) actually.
I had no problems defeating my Tron build in season 3.
You can't really say a build involving Brunak, Finn without Westons and 5 cards to put OMs on is overpowered, it's really tricky to use (and obviously no of my opponents took this build).
Why the TBR hate? I think he's a little bit underrated.

Saying you "had no problem defeating [your] Trons" is a little bit disingenuous - you had a perfect counter build. But aside from that, I basically agree - you tried to use strong figures to counterbalance weaker ones. I like doing that sort of thing as well.
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:46 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think he's talking about his sculpt. I have to disagree with the dissing of Sujoah's sculpt though. She is my favorite sculpt in the game. I might be biased though as I like monsters based on bugs and real life creatures; like parasect from Pokemon being based on a cicadia infected by Cordecyps fungi. My ranting is done so keep discussing.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events