Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Book of Thanos - Playtesting phase

Apparently the first test wasn't as close as it first seemed since Smithy Winfred just told me in a PM that the army with Grundy had 200 more points to account for him not being able to ressurect. I told him that it would be nice if he put the point totals on the test sheet because we have too much to do to add them all up all the time to see what the army points are.

So it's looking like for sure he can be boosted. Maybe tonight I'll pm the other testers to have them bump him up to 500 or 550 points for any test they haven't started yet.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, actually I think a number of play testers have gotten bad at not putting Army point totals in their tests.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, but Heroes are inconsistent with that too, Margloth, so I'm not sure if we've expressed that as a clear expectation. I know Griff never really put down army point totals. It's definitely something I always do, because I know it helps me analyze my results. So if we want to ask public testers to do that, I'm all for it.

And, yeah, maybe go 500 for now, Hahma?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I don't like when public testers make assumptions like that and give one team way more points or something. If you are going to draft Grundy against Thanos you better avoid him or kill him before he kills you with his SA.
Old June 13th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I just sent PM's to the testers and asked them to bump his cost to 500 points for any tests that they haven't started yet.

I agree Tickle and PM'd SW about not adjusting army costs like that. He replied that he did it because of Thanos' speed and maneuverability. I told him that we don't do that. Thanos is just a great counter to Grundy and Doomsday, but so what, we have a ton of other figures to use. I also said that opponents often avoid attacking Grundy if possible to bypass him coming back, so that's no different than Thanos killing him and not letting him come back. I said there are lots of situations that Grundy isn't good in, but if he can be moved/carried to help his mobility and get engaged to an opponent's 300+ point figure, then he can make things happen by doing damage and forcing the opponent to deal with him and maybe allow him to come back later.

I also asked him to include army point totals at the end of each listed army. We have enough to look at without having to add up army points.

Old June 13th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

When did it ever become OK for playtesters to make those kinds of point decisions?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old June 13th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

When they are new and think they can do that.

I told him not to do it again. You don't give one army more points because you think it will make it more fair. The results will be the results based on allotted costs for each army being the same, or withing 5 or 10 points of each other. Thanos is a total counter to Grundy, Doomsday and now Gentleman Ghost. You just don't play those figures against Thanos in a real game, it wouldn't be prudent unless you can make sure those figures get killed by other means than his Permanent Death.

Old June 13th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for helping get those young whipper snappers into shape, Hambone.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Prickly Cactus

Playtest from Streaky

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Thanos

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would beany loops that would upset the balance of the Game.

Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.

Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.

Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.

Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.

Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.

Fail - he's unbeatable!

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.

Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.

Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.

Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 700+
- Give a brief overview. Thanos stomped everyone!
Map: Dark Dimension
Units: Thanos, Puppet Master, Mole Man and 6x Moloids vs. Deadpool, Wolverine, Angel & Human Torch (Jim Hammond)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 700+
- Give a brief overview. Thanos stomped everyone again!
Map: Dark Dimension
Units: Thanos, Super-Skrull (Rl'nnd), Blob, 1x Civilians squad vs. Captain Mar-Vell, She-Hulk, Blade, Ant-Man, 2x Fire Ant Swarm

Spoiler Alert!

I love Thanos and thinks he's great, but I still think 500 points is too low. Comparing him with Mar-Vell and Brainiac, he's much nearer Brainiac's league.

Brainiac has 12 life - Thanos has at least that because he's coming back at least once.
Brainiac can attempt to shrink figures then has an 85% chance of destroying them - Thanos can attack 3 figures with 6 attack dice and if they are destroyed they can't come back.
Brainiac can sometimes cause 1 wound to an opponent's figure if they're adjacent to each other - Thanos has a higher normal attack, and has a special attack that equals Brainiac's range

Mar-Vell has 2 more range and doesn't take leaving engagement attacks - Thanos has 1 more attack and life, can attack 3 times in some cases. Plus he can keep coming back! For all Mar-Vell's great powers, with only 5 life and 5+1 auto defence he can be stomped by Thanos with 2 attacks - and he's 400 points

That's why I think Thanos right now is more like 700 points at least. I think that 500 could work if you removed his flying special power or reducing his attack to 6. I prefer dropping flying. He does have a teleportation chair, but the figure doesn't. Also, the chair would give him time travel and a force field, neither of which are on this card, so I think it makes sense to drop the flying power. With it he can get anywhere, with height and stomp anyone from range, and it's not in anybody's interest to attack him until everyone else is dead.
Info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos#..._and_abilities

This is only the second playtest I've ever done, and I didn't get any feedback on the last one, so I hope I've done it OK. I have a complete turn breakdown if you want more info, I just didn't want to swamp you with waffle. If you'd like to know anything else, feel free to ask.

Thanks for letting me playtest this for you.
Steve

Old June 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Well, not really getting to the enemy SZ to kill Thanos' teammates didn't help here. Single activation opponent armies give Thanos plenty of them to move around and mess people up. If you can kill him on the first turn when he has all OM's on his card, that gives you 2 turns to work on his teammates.

Man, this is what ticks me off about people taking so long to get the tests in. If I needed to make adjustments, it would have been nice to have a quick turn around with tests and then bump is cost and send him back out. Of course having a couple people bail on the test didn't help either. Ugh! Seems like all the experienced testers are MIA on this one. This one might just have to go on hold for a few months after all the results are in. I'm really hating how this design is going.

Old June 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I would PM a couple of testers you trust and ask them to sign up for this one for you.
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

I'll wait until all the results are in. I want to know what the heck I'm dealing with before asking even more people to test him. Truthfully, at this point I don't really care about him getting done in any hurry anymore.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library