Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 11th, 2012, 08:56 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Army Advice and Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySoul4 View Post
. Also I am going to follow under a General Wars theme.

Einar 2 (400/400)
Marcus Decimus Gallas 100
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Roman Legionaries x2 100
10th Regiment of Foot x2 150
BZZZZZZZZ

Me-Burq-Sa is Utgar..

Joking aside, Most of them look like pretty cool, solid armies.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 11th, 2012, 09:56 PM

LazySoul4 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySoul4 View Post
. Also I am going to follow under a General Wars theme.

Einar 2 (400/400)
Marcus Decimus Gallas 100
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Roman Legionaries x2 100
10th Regiment of Foot x2 150
BZZZZZZZZ

Me-Burq-Sa is Utgar..

Joking aside, Most of them look like pretty cool, solid armies.
Ah forgot about that. Such a solid 400 build too.
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:01 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

not to take lazysoul out of the spotlight, but would it be worth buying 2x omnicrons and taelors for this army?

2x omnicron snipers
taelord
2x deathreavers
40 pts filler

(I can't find any repulsors for an affordable price :\ the snipers and taelors would only be about $8, which is why I wanna know if this build works. also I only have 2 deathreavers)

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:41 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
not to take lazysoul out of the spotlight, but would it be worth buying 2x omnicrons and taelors for this army?

2x omnicron snipers
taelord
2x deathreavers
40 pts filler

(I can't find any repulsors for an affordable price :\ the snipers and taelors would only be about $8, which is why I wanna know if this build works. also I only have 2 deathreavers)
If you only had 3x Rats.... I use that army a lot . Another good option is,

3x Snipers
Raelin
3x Rats

Another fun one,

2x Snipers
Raelin
3x Rats
Mindflayer Mastermind.

But bottom line, Snipers are great with 2-3 squads. And very affordable too. Definatly go for Taelord too, just because he's so cheap.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 11th, 2012, 11:17 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

ok, I'll probably buy 3 squads!

~TheCheez
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:28 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Spending six bucks at Auggies for another squad of reavers is completely worth it. Your Snipers, Taelord, rat army is a solid build. Omnicron Snipers in my oppinion are part of the reason that Taelord's 180 price tag is justified.
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:30 PM

thx for the help guys. I just bought 3x snipers, taelors, 1x reavers, and like $20 worth of other stuff from auggies no more spending for me anytime soon :/

~TheCheez

Last edited by TheExplodingCheez; September 12th, 2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
thx for the help guys. I just bought 3x snipers, taelors, 1x reavers, and like $20 worth of other stuff from auggies no more spending for me anytime soon :/
Nice man. I just got 1 squad of Snipers to try out and loved them so much I'm gonna buy 2 more squads and have a similar army. They are lethal
Old September 12th, 2012, 02:21 PM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
What if I replace the Krav in the second army with 1 more squad of Granites?

I realize that Tactical switch is great, but Granite's also have a way to gain height and their 5-dice ranged attack from height beats the Warforged melee 4 attack from height......
I played them and they where very fun, but I was frustrated with there slow move. Fast moving ranged attackers can slowly pick them off and you spend most of the game just trying to get to your opponent. Different maps might have different results but if your going to play them I would suggest having a fast moving body guard to take out the ranged shooters. Edit added: or maybe some rats to screen them until into position.

Last edited by wjscaper; September 12th, 2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Rats of coarse
Old September 12th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys, a quick question. My friend usually will play 10th Regiment x4 + Q9 + other units when we play. For the life of me I just can't seem to beat it. I've lost the last 3 times I've plate him. We will usually play maybe ~800 point games, because he likes bigger armies. Any suggestions?

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old September 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
Hey guys, a quick question. My friend usually will play 10th Regiment x4 + Q9 + other units when we play. For the life of me I just can't seem to beat it. I've lost the last 3 times I've plate him. We will usually play maybe ~800 point games, because he likes bigger armies. Any suggestions?
That's a solid army your friend is running there. For the purpose of beating him I would consider a Gladiatrons/Blastatrons build, or a range+Deathreavers build.

From a more fun perspective, these armies are pretty good ideas at 800ish points:

120 Venoc Warlord
170 Brave Arrow
800 9xMohican River Tribe

You can sub some of the Mohicans out for some heroes if your Starting Zone size is restricted. Gurei-Oni would be a consideration, or Torin+Stingers/Rats/Phantom Knights.

Another one might be:

200 4xGoblin Cutters
650 6xHorned Skull Brutes
800 Major Q10 (or something else, maybe Raelin and a 70-point hero)

or something like Deathreavers + Horned Skull Brutes + Raelin + Range support

If you don't proxy any squads and are short on the ones I mentioned, consider the Elite Onyx Vipers, the Nakita Agents, the Krav Maga Agents, Raelin, MicroCorp Agents, Deathreavers...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Been mulling over this one. How does it sound?

4x Stingers
Raelin (RotV)
Cyprien
1x Rats

Total 510

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion