Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

My only hesitation is that it will seem a bit like a warm up for the team tourney, army selection wise.

I am up for anything, but I think I'd prefer the shoot out.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old November 1st, 2009, 09:28 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I'm not saying this next time, maybe we do it just sometime. There are so many builds that aren't as feasible because of the pt and hex limits.

Just sometime down the road, maybe I will set it up for a Jan event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
My only hesitation is that it will seem a bit like a warm up for the team tourney, army selection wise.
I am going to shake the team format up a bit. We had 28 hexes this year after having 26 hexes the two prior years and I think that was a mistake. (4 sets of reavers tells me it certainly was!!!) We will be going back to down to 26 if I have any say so in the matter and I think I do. I will also be evaluating what might be the best pt total, we have 3 years of experience to draw upon so we should be able to hit the sweet spot this time.

(I also think sharing pts has been the wrong call all along but continually get overruled)

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; November 1st, 2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: I said M-A-Y-B-E a Jan event
Old November 1st, 2009, 10:05 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, if I may chime in, I would like to add my two cents worth. I certainly would not seeing the points sharing go away. I think it makes you have to really consider your build, and your army's strengths and weaknesses - as well as your teammates - when you can't snag those extra ten or twenty points you need and your partner doesn't.

I may be in the minority with you R˙chean, but I think there shouldn't be points sharing at all.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; November 1st, 2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Aren't you like E.F. Hutton, R˙chean? When you speak, people listen. Make it happen, man, make it happen.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok so who's gonna step up and run this thing?

Schedule permitting (a caveat preventing me from running it myself) I'll be at any Scape event. Especially if you folks are there... well most of you... ok just the ones I think I can beat... which isn't very many...
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Ok so who's gonna step up and run this thing?

Schedule permitting (a caveat preventing me from running it myself) I'll be at any Scape event. Especially if you folks are there... well most of you... ok just the ones I think I can beat... which isn't very many...
I'll start a thread here shortly to get the ball rolling. I'll link it once it's up.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Alright, I got the ball rolling on the North Texas Shootout II going on another thread. Nothing is set in stone, I more or less just copied the old thread and changed some things. Feel free to debate anything I posted on that.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 20th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I am going to shake the team format up a bit. We had 28 hexes this year after having 26 hexes the two prior years and I think that was a mistake. (4 sets of reavers tells me it certainly was!!!) We will be going back to down to 26 if I have any say so in the matter and I think I do. I will also be evaluating what might be the best pt total, we have 3 years of experience to draw upon so we should be able to hit the sweet spot this time.

(I also think sharing pts has been the wrong call all along but continually get overruled)
Have you thought anymore about points?

Sounds like you were thinking 600 was too much.

26 hex start zone sounded definite.

I only ask because rym and I are tossing around army ideas and I'm realizing our 600 point army ideas are probably useless after rereading your post.

Any crumbs of knowledge you want to throw out there would be appreciated.

Last edited by DrLivingston; November 20th, 2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Oh my gosh yes we have to SHARE some points!
Old November 20th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Super Doopa

Here's what it's been:

Team Tournament 2007 = 550 points (shared ??)
Team Tournament 2008 = 600 points (shared 50)
Team Tournament 2009 = 600 points (shared 50)
Team Tournament 2010 = ??? points (Share at all???)

I'm guessing somewhere between 550 and 600?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Too early?

Are rym and I the only folks dreaming up amazing team armies right now?

Last edited by DrLivingston; November 20th, 2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Double post! Arrgh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I just want to knooooooooow!
Old November 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Too early for me. And, yes, you and rym are the only ones.

26 Hexes 550 pts with 50 shared is what I am thinking. Maybe we go some off pt like 575, 50 shared.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 20th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Super Doopa

575 sounds wonderful!

Thank you!

Off to the army lab with rym!

(He will be disappointed. He was hoping for 605...)

Old December 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a crazy idea for the team tournament:

What if we randomly divided the participants into large teams of 4 or 6 (depending on the number of players)? Each team would come up with a team name and over the course of the tournament, play each of the other teams an equal number of times (2,3,4? Would depend on the final number of teams.)

Each player brings a small army, say, 280? Each team would pair up however it wants each round without the knowledge of its opponents.

You'd keep a tally of wins and losses for each match. So in a given a round, a team would play 2-3 matches and accumulate that many wins and/or losses. At the end of the day, say, 4 rounds, the team with the most wins takes it all.
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Is there any word on a date for the February Team event? I'd like to participate, but will need to arrange for someone to fill the pulpit in my absence, so the sooner I know a date the better for me. Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events