Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 12th, 2022, 08:15 PM

Novelist432 has disabled reputation
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Yes there are no metallic contrasts. But going over some details on metallic then doing a wash is still pretty easy. Here are some examples. Contrast does skin and organic things insanely well.

Well none of my pictures posted so I posted the whole gallery below. You'll notice there's a style shift partway through, back when I was having stuff commission painted. None of that is contrast.

Last edited by Novelist432; October 12th, 2022 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Bad at computers
Old October 12th, 2022, 08:19 PM

Novelist432 has disabled reputation

https://bolterandchainsword.com/gall...ers-of-battle/
Old October 12th, 2022, 08:52 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelist432 View Post
Nice! The figure with the giant wings that have a white to black gradient was super eye catching and impressive. I really like the flame details on the mech chariot thing too. Overall the color choices look really clean and balanced with good attention to the small details.
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Small details can be hard to paint well with speed paints... Depending on the type of detail. I have not been happy with my attempts to do little dots like buttons or jewelry or studs with speed paints. It seems to me that those should probably be dome with traditional paints, or just covered in one color (the details probably won't show up that much at a distance anyway). But I'm still very much a novice.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 13th, 2022, 12:31 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Yes there are no metallic contrasts. But going over some details on metallic then doing a wash is still pretty easy. Here are some examples. Contrast does skin and organic things insanely well.

Well none of my pictures posted so I posted the whole gallery below. You'll notice there's a style shift partway through, back when I was having stuff commission painted. None of that is contrast.
Those look great!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 15th, 2022, 12:17 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the colors shown in the new battle video. More of a subdued pastel look. Not as bright and in your face as before. The detail shows up a little better from a distance as well.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 15th, 2022, 06:36 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Contrast and speedpaints will cover most models very well (after they've been primed) BUT if you're looking to complete better looking models, then you have to put more time into them and use other types of paints as well.

That includes metallic paints, washes, acrylics and such.

The more time and effort you take in painting figures the better they will look (generally speaking), but in general for typical tabletop use, contrast and speedpaints will look good, even for the more hamfisted of us like myself.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 15th, 2022 at 06:37 AM. Reason: I just don't like painting.
Old October 15th, 2022, 07:14 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Like Brak 88, I am very happy to see them seemingly moving away from Day Glo and to more subdued shades.
Old October 15th, 2022, 08:48 AM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Like Brak 88, I am very happy to see them seemingly moving away from Day Glo and to more subdued shades.
Yes! Some colors are an assault on people with visual sensitivities.
Old October 16th, 2022, 05:25 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Upset City Baby.
Old October 20th, 2022, 02:35 AM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!

Surely someone has thought of the 1,000,000 IQ plan of spraypainting all the classic 'scape figures to match AoA, right?
Old October 20th, 2022, 03:57 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=61233

Got you covered!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion