Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 12th, 2022, 01:56 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
just curious, has anyone been taking note of the backer numbers day by day or some other way to check? I'd be interested to come up with a little chart of the backers gained per day.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=61235
Old October 12th, 2022, 02:11 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah I'd love to chat positively. They just haven't shown us anything about the game to chat about positively yet. Aside from the minis look nice, but I back games for games over minis (I already have a massive backlog of minis to paint)

What is it about the game contents themselves that you don't like?
Old October 12th, 2022, 02:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Yeah I'd love to chat positively. They just haven't shown us anything about the game to chat about positively yet. Aside from the minis look nice, but I back games for games over minis (I already have a massive backlog of minis to paint)

The fact that I don't know any of the cards or abilities or any gameplay information. That's kinda vital to get new people interested.
Old October 12th, 2022, 02:24 PM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

As I pondered why I’m freely sharing my concerns for the game is this; Hasbro made the rules, we’re trying to fund their project, to make them money, so we can hopefully continue to make them money and expand on what we love. Part of Hasbro’s rules that we’re participating in is this - we’re given a very limited amount of time to accomplish this for them and within that squeeze is a slow company making slow decisions. That is not helpful to the progress of this campaign and doesn’t sit well with me.

I have a critical mindset and must analyze many factors and like the outcome before I jump on board for many things. They just updated the terrain contents on HasLab but still didn’t correct the number of cards? Wasn’t it verified at like 48 or something? Now that I want to recall it, the specifics are escaping me. That kind of stuff isn’t helping.
Old October 12th, 2022, 02:26 PM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The fact that I don't know any of the cards or abilities or any gameplay information. That's kinda vital to get new people interested.
Agreed. Gameplay is vital to a game, especially one that isn’t cheap!
Old October 12th, 2022, 02:45 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see what you're saying, and I believe this is an issue because it's going to confuse and deter new players who would otherwise have been interested if they say gamplay videos on the haslab page.
For existing players however, we know what the game rules are and so I don't think it's vital for our own sake to reveal information we already know, the base mechanics are going to be the same they always were.

In regards to character abilities, I believe that they should reveal some of the characters stats just to show new abilities they're offering, but by and large I trust the individuals involved in the design process. They have a mix of the old people like Craig and Sky Knight, plus C3V people who have all produced quality content
How much information do you think they should reveal?
Old October 12th, 2022, 02:50 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I've heard mention of faction specific abilities in one of the interviews. I would love to see a sneak peek of one of those. Also, the new Sonlen and Kyrie have me really curious.
Old October 12th, 2022, 02:51 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm jumping into this conversation late, but something to consider in regards to negative feedback is this: forums in general are ancient tech by web standards. Most likely most of the people on this site are super fans already as I can't imagine someone new being able to find this thread in the many sections of this forum.

So I think people should feel free to express what's on their mind without fear of hurting the campaign, at least in this space. New players are in the Discord and various talk groups across the internet.
Old October 12th, 2022, 03:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Tom Vasel covers the campaign. 46:19

Can't stand his gatekeeping negativity tbh.
Old October 12th, 2022, 03:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankensteinsMonster View Post
They just updated the terrain contents on HasLab but still didn’t correct the number of cards? Wasn’t it verified at like 48 or something?
We have learned that there are 46 cards for 71 figures included in the main set, which requires 8000 backers at $250 each to fund ($2 Million). Then there are 5 additional figures, each with it's own card, that are considered stretch goals. In order to unlock all 5 stretch goals, another 8000 backers at $250 each are needed (another $2 Million, for $4 Million total). It has been pointed out that the Haslab campaign page is advertising 50 cards & 71 figures for the $250 pledge price. This is not 'negative' criticism, this is the community trying to be helpful. This error has even been acknowledged and confirmed by people working for Hasbro.

October 1st:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm counting 51 different unit names on this list, including the 5 stretch goal heroes. But is also says 50 cards will be included. So I'm a little confused as to how it breaks down.
I mentioned that to Craig when I noticed, and he revised his count to 51. Evidently, that fact hasn't made it back to the Haslab page yet.
Yet the Haslab campaign page still has not been corrected (I'm looking at it right now in another opened window, October 12th, 50 army cards, 71 miniatures). Making a simple counting error on day 1 of the campaign is not a big deal, correct it and post an public update acknowledging the correction. This requires a few minutes of time and no money to do.

If something this simple and easy to fix hasn't been accomplished after 11 days, why should anyone have any faith in their ability to deliver the promised product on time a year from now? Credibility and transparency are important to the success of a crowd funding project.
Old October 12th, 2022, 03:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
In regards to character abilities, I believe that they should reveal some of the characters stats just to show new abilities they're offering, but by and large I trust the individuals involved in the design process. They have a mix of the old people like Craig and Sky Knight, plus C3V people who have all produced quality content
How much information do you think they should reveal?
Nearly all of it? If you want to keep a couple fancy units secret, fine. But by and large we should know nearly everything. Sure those guys might do a good job, but asking me $250.00 for "trust" rather than showing the game doesn't fly with me, and many people who back crowdfunded games. I never had a full collection of old stuff either, I bought the stuff that excited me and didn't waste money on stuff I knew I wouldn't play. I didn't have tons of disposable money, and still don't. I want to make sure I like nearly everything in the box before I throw away a big chunk of a paycheck.

Now substitute nearly every pronoun of "I" or "me" to any backer who isn't a hardcore fan. If there was a Kickstarter for a game from a company I barely knew and I didn't get information aside from commenters saying "Just trust them, they're good people," I'm not even going to give it a second glance. That's why I'm being negative, this raises every red flag of a bad kickstarter that doesn't get backers. I want this to succeed. Hopefully it still will. But at this rate it's barely going to make anything, and almost assuredly not going to make the cool stretch goals.
Old October 12th, 2022, 03:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd be fine if they held back the points cost and a couple of the base stats on each card, just to keep people from making knock off cards and playing with these units before they are officially released. But yeah, I was expecting a lot of power text to look at back on Oct. 1st.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion