Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old November 18th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Old School Savage Throwdown: NHSD Maryland, 11/19/16

Aww. Maybe next time, TW. I know it's a long haul for you.

Thanks, @SF !

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 19th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey @akden , would you please bring terrain & instructions for a third map? Just in case. I think we're covered but there are a couple of maybes. You pick the map.

Thanks!

= =
Old November 19th, 2016, 10:51 AM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

I have to bow out. I had abdominal surgery a few weeks ago and recovery has been slow. I was hoping to be feeling better by today but I just don't have the strength or energy and the pain is still bothering me today. Really pissed that I can't make it. Sorry for the last minute cancellation.

Hope you all have a great time! See ya at the next one!
Old November 19th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, no! I was looking forward to seeing you!

Next time, I hope. :/

= =
Old November 20th, 2016, 10:48 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you again @Dad_Scaper for hosting and organizing an awesome event! It was a lot of fun meeting all of you and playing scape together. Great games with great people, I hope to be able to make it back again.
Old November 20th, 2016, 01:14 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Would you guys be willing to use my map in your tournament?

The Hotways or the Highways 3.1
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

Consideration is appreciated. Thanks!

~HS2010
Hmm. Interesting. I'll think about it, but I'm not sure.
Sorry the link was broken. Thanks for any consideration though. Hope everyone had a good time battling it out!
Old November 20th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

We had a great time, thanks for your interest!

Post-tourney post coming up right here. Sneak peek: Congrats @akden on your first tournament win!!

= =
Old November 20th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

. . . and here is the tourney report:

1. @akden 4-0 WWWW (Heavy Gruts x3, Nerak, Grimnak, Tornak)
2. @rudyvalentine 3-1 WWWL (Hive, Drones x3, Stingers x3)
3. 10th Regiment of Doom 3-1 WWLW (Shades x2, PKs x4, Isamu)
4. DS 3-1 WLWW (Heavies x3, Raelin, Grimnak, [C3V PT unit], Isamu)
5. Kyle 3-1 WLWW (4th Mass. x3, KoW x2, Gilbert, Eldgrim)
6. @hose LWWW (AE, Guilty, Krav, Isamu, Izumi, Ebon Armor, Tarn Vikings)
7. Bill WWLL (Zelrig, Greenscales x4, Johnny Shotgun Sullivan)
8. Micah WLWL (Blastatrons x2, Gladiatrons x2, Isamu, Major Q10, Zetacron)
9. KidScaper LWWL (4th Mass. x3, Sgt. Drake RotV, Eldgrim, [C3V PT unit])
10. @Jet LWLW (Kurrock, FE x7, Syvarris, Marcu)
11. @kldonnelly LLLW (Kozuke, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Shaolin Monks, O. Snipers x2)
12. @drewcula LLLL (Raelin, Krug, Isamu, Mimring, Arrow Gruts x2, Swogs x2)
13. @hose y LLLL (Siiv, Otonashi, Isamu, Blasts x2, Glads x2, Cyprien)
14. Ken LLLL (Gorillinators x1, Krav, Nakitas, Warforged x1, Agent Carr)

Thanks all for coming. Special thanks to Hose, Jet, and Akden for bringing maps. Akden's been playing with us for a long time and this was his first tournament win. Congrats, buddy!

Special thanks also to @Xorlof and to @Craig Van Ness for our awesome prize support. We appreciated it, and our National Heroscape Day event was better because of it.

= =
Old November 20th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks again for hosting another great tournament, @Dad_Scaper . I had a most excellent time, and I'm happy to finally bring home the coveted Maryland trophy. Oh...wait.

I particularly enjoyed my matchup with @rudyvalentine , which was probably decided by my near-suicidal charge on the Marro Hive. Taking it out turned the tide in my favor. I also had fun gang-rushing Bill's Zelrig with my orc mob and killing the dragon before he could fry them all.

10th Regiment also thoroughly enjoyed himself and has regaled the family several times with his tale of not only stealing Kidscaper's C3V unit with his Shade, but resurrecting him three times to win the game.

And on top of that, I came away with my very own Master Win Chiu Woo, signed by Craig Van Ness. That unit was literally the only official Heroscape unit I did not have, and I had given up on actually obtaining one. All in all, an awesome time!

Last edited by akden; November 20th, 2016 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Added stuff.
Old November 21st, 2016, 07:52 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Thanks again for hosting another great tournament, @Dad_Scaper . I had a most excellent time, and I'm happy to finally bring home the coveted Maryland trophy. Oh...wait.

I particularly enjoyed my matchup with @rudyvalentine , which was probably decided by my near-suicidal charge on the Marro Hive. Taking it out turned the tide in my favor. I also had fun gang-rushing Bill's Zelrig with my orc mob and killing the dragon before he could fry them all.

10th Regiment also thoroughly enjoyed himself and has regaled the family several times with his tale of not only stealing Kidscaper's C3V unit with his Shade, but resurrecting him three times to win the game.

And on top of that, I came away with my very own Master Win Chiu Woo, signed by Craig Van Ness. That unit was literally the only official Heroscape unit I did not have, and I had given up on actually obtaining one. All in all, an awesome time!
Congratulations on winning the day! You played those orcs well and I just couldn't stop them from busting through and taking down the hive.

I was definitely torn at the prize table with all those sweet signed cards. Thanks @Xorlof for getting those unique pieces of heroscape memorabilia together for NHSD!
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:43 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@akden , I'll be getting home from college tonight. If you PM me your address, I can mail the trophy to you.
Old November 24th, 2016, 09:56 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post

Crazy impossible moments like this are one of the reasons we love this game.

Thanks for hosting another fun event Dad Scaper. It's always worth the trip. And congrats Akden.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day