Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 14th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
The Book of Firefly

The Book of Firefly

C3G DC WAVE 12
LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Arkham Asylum set.
Its model number and name are #027 / Firefly.
Character Bio - Originally a pyrotechnic expert for motion pictures, Garfield Lynns turns to crime to escape Gotham's severe poverty. Arson becomes a hobby, then an obsession, as he believes he can see visions in the flames. Inspired by actual fireflies, he builds a suit and becomes a professional arsonist.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: When Firefly uses Raining Fire, can he choose any or all figures he passed over (without the Lava Resistant special power), or does he have to roll for all figures he passed over?
  • A: He must roll against all figures (without the Lava Resistant special power) that he passed over.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Criminal

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by Arch-vile; March 9th, 2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Firefly - Design Phase

NAME = FIREFLY
SECRET IDENTITY = GARFIELD LYNNS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 120

RAINING FIRE
After Firefly moves with the Flying special power, instead of attacking, you may roll one unblockable attack die against each figure Firefly passed over that does not have the Lava Resistant special power.

FLAMETHROWER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2 + Special. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose 3 spaces in a straight line from the targeted figure. All figures on those spaces are also affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by this special attack.

LAVA RESISTANT
Firefly never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

FLYING

Original Write-up
Spoiler Alert!

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I really like Updraft and feel like it is gonna get a lot of use once he gets into the fray. I think it may push his cost beyond 120 points though with the auto-wound but we shall see.

I figured you were getting ready to start this guy when you asked bout Heat Wave's Special Attack. I like the reuse here.
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks good.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

One other thing is should we give this guy Lava Resistant like we gave Heat Wave since he has some kind of insulated suit? Not to sure about this guy but it could work.
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

The updraft power is odd to me. This guy can fly... just fly. I think we should give him flying and replace Updraft with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
One other thing is should we give this guy Lava Resistant like we gave Heat Wave since he has some kind of insulated suit? Not to sure about this guy but it could work.
Absolutely. Yes.
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

If we gave him flying we could have a "flyover" power similar to Archangel if that's what SirG whats to represent here.

I'm not familiar with the character though so I'm just spitballing at this point. Take my comments with a grain of salt.
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Pyromaniac in a fireproof suit that flies and shoots flames. - that's pretty much it.
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:23 PM

A mechanic in addition to flying would be cool with me SirG, if you think it is necessary or desirable, but I have hard time buying into this figure without straight up Flying.
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
The updraft power is odd to me. This guy can fly... just fly. I think we should give him flying and replace Updraft with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Absolutely. Yes.
He kind of flies ... I mean, it's a hanglider that supposedly uses the updrafts of fires to push him upward. Think - have you ever seen him flying without having fire all around? (in the modern era at least, Golden Age doesn't count since that was a radically different character). So I think Sir G captured that pretty well here, for my

I've gotta disagree on Lava Resistant. He wears a flame retardant suit, but he has no super powers and he's not particularly scientifically advanced compared to others. Basically, if he should be Lava Resistant, so should Batman. So should Iron Man. Etc. Superman has got to be a ton more lava resistant than this guy. He sets up a lot of fires, but he's not immune to them (which sometimes causes him trouble because he's insane).

Speaking of insane, I'd much rather see Insane or Obsessive as his personality. He's straight up wacko, spending lots of time in Arkham Asylum, and his defining personality trait is that he's obsessed with fire. He does some arson work, but he'd set fire just to set fire, even if he never got paid.

I do like Arsonist as his class, though. Criminal would also be fine, though, or Maniac, fwiw.

I like the write up on the whole. I think if he's coming in as too expensive, that the Updraft power could be instead of moving and attacking normally, but I'm happy to cross that bridge when we come to it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 14th, 2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
He kind of flies ... I mean, it's a hanglider that supposedly uses the updrafts of fires to push him upward. Think - have you ever seen him flying without having fire all around? (in the modern era at least, Golden Age doesn't count since that was a radically different character). So I think Sir G captured that pretty well here, for my
Yes. He flies plenty with or without fire. I am not sure if I have ever actually seen him not flying. That huge trail of fire and smoke from his rear? That is his propulsion method, which looks like a small jet engine.

Quote:
I've gotta disagree on Lava Resistant. He wears a flame retardant suit, but he has no super powers and he's not particularly scientifically advanced compared to others. Basically, if he should be Lava Resistant, so should Batman. So should Iron Man. Etc. Superman has got to be a ton more lava resistant than this guy. He sets up a lot of fires, but he's not immune to them (which sometimes causes him trouble because he's insane).
OK, that is a bad can of worms to open. According to your logic (which I do not subscribe to btw), NO ONE in C3G should have Lava Resistance because Superman doesn't have it. If you really believed that, why have you voted on so many designs to have Lava Resistance?

Superman doesn't have it because it doesn't fit on his card, and because it isn't an important part of his character - but it is on Firefly just like with Heat Wave.
Old March 14th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm more responding to the standard set in Dragon Man's thread - fire resistance is specifically listed as one of Dragon Man's attributes, but we went in a different direction. Do I really believe Firefly could survive a dunk in molten lava due to his suit? Not really.

But if Heat Wave has it, which I'd forgotten, then that ship has sailed already. If Heat Wave has it, Firefly should definitely have it. And Heat Wave does have it, so Firefly definitely should have it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library