Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 30th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun
Siege - What's your army idea?

Forget gladiators, Siege IS the Steamroller. I'd like to try this one out:

Siege 120
Krav Maga 220
Raelin 300
Nilfheim 485
Isamu 495

Overall the army would move together slowly. Nilfheim picking off Rats or other blockades with his Ice Shard Breath. Krav Maga takes out range. Seige is your front line defense against melee or swarms. Raelin sits in the middle.

What's your idea?

Last edited by Good Pig; September 30th, 2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Siege - What's your army idea?

Medic!
Siege 120
Hydra 120
Krav 100
Kelda 80
2xRats 80
500/15

Rats screen, Krav force opponents closer, Hydra and Siege play tag team meat grinder while Kelda fixes any serious wounds.

~Aldin, eager to try yet again to successfully incorporate Kelda into an army

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:44 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Another Piercer unit, like Eltahale, with Evar After to follow, and it's good times for the Valhalla Society.

Siege and his Sidekicks

140 Phantom Knights x 2
120 Kaemon (You didn't really think I'd leave him out, did you?)
120 Siege
80 Finn
30 Eldgrim
10 Isamu

Let's see . . . screen? . . . check . . . glyph-grabbers? . . . check . . . ranged threat? . . . check . . . hero-boppers? . . . check . . . squad-smashers? . . . check. I think I'm good. Although, with all the melee guys already, I'm tempted to replace the Phantom Knights with Syvarris/Theracus.
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think this might work...

Siege//120
Thorgrim//200
PKsx2//340
KoWx2//480
Marcu//500

Marcu and Siege grab glyphs at the start. Use the Phantom Knights to eradicate ranged enemies. Knights and Thorgrim for the mid-game and place Thorgrim on Siege. Not only will this allow you to take a turn before switching up stats, but after you do Siege becomes a monster! Marcu is there for...well holding a glyph I guess.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:15 PM

Ninjaman1993 is surprisingly tart

120 Seige
200 Raelin
320 Kaemon
440 3X Rats
480 Theracus
490 Isamu

Theracus goes in with Seige. Seige plants himself in enemy starting zone, doing as much damage as he can. Rats follow, creating a screen for Kaemon. With Raelin, behind him Kaemon should be able to decimate the opponent's figures. Isamu for cleanup. Q9 could be troublesome.
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:35 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Siege - 120
Eldgrim - 150
Airborne Elite- 260
Marro Stingers x4 - 500, 18 hexes

I think you can put pretty much anything here with Siegeldgrim. I started with the AE since I figure they can help you decide whether you want to open with Siege or save him for cleanup. If they don't drop in round 1, open with Eldgrim to a glyph and start charging Siege. If they do drop, play with them first and reinforce with the Stingers, using an OM on Eldgrim to claim a glyph after the AE are done. Then play Stingers until Siege is the only one left. Go into Crag mode and wreck stuff.

Siege - 120
Theracus - 160
Warforged Soldiers x3 - 400

Fly Siege in with Theracus and go into Crag mode, laying waste to their starting zone. If you want to, go with OMs 1,2 on Siege each round until he's dead, with your #3 on the Soldiers, trying to get a head start. The only problem with this is that, since your X will already be revealed, your opponent will know that Siege isn't attacking on turn 3, and the Warforged Soldiers are just moving up. I'll have to think about what I like the best with Siege / Theracus.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I like the Seige+Theracus idea. How about we optomize the Seige-bomb with a scout army.

Seige 120
Theracus 160
Mittens 280
Zetacron 340
Vipers x4 500

Theracus with flying 9 move and should be able to place Siege on any glyph you want control of in the first turn. Another option is bombing the start zone by using the flying 9 move plus 3-5 walking if you decide to Crag or not. Depending on how the bombing goes or what the glyph is, you have options for the latter game. There better not be rats though because this army doesn't pack a special.
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:27 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can see money in this

Siege 120
PK x2 260
Axe Grinders x2 400
Nilfheim 585
Isamu

Essentially Pk cover range Dwarfs cover large figures and Nilf covers rats. Siege would move with dwarfs to soak up melee screens allowing them to reach the large heroes. He can also move with PK to began an assault. Imagine getting slammed in your stat zone with PK then just coming out the big old Siege is there, and still dwarfs and a dragon to fight. HE could also provide that neccesary distraction or glyph holder for your army to situate in a sticky situation.
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Siege seems to me to be most dangerous at the beginning of the game. So what he needs is clean up, the guys who can patrol the board, perhaps picking at ranged commons, and clean up after him.

Siege 120/120
Sonlen 160/280
Phantom Knights x3 210/490

or

Siege 120/120
Kaemon Awa 120/240
Brave Arrow 50/290
Mohican River Tribe x3 210/500

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 30th, 2010, 07:22 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

Warforged Army:

Warforged Soldiers x3 240/500
Siege 360/500
Heirloom 450/500
Theracus 490/500
Isamu 500/500

14 Hexes

At 510 switch Heirloom and Isamu with Finn and Eldagrim
Old September 30th, 2010, 08:59 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

2xOmnicrons-200
Taelord-380
Seige-500
Move seige out in front of all the heights then send the omnicrons to the with Taelord.

Seige-120
Sparticus-320
2xCapuans-460
Rats-500
This I think is the new steam roller.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:05 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart

Raelin the Kyrie Warrior 80
seige 200
Warforged Soldiers 440 3 × 80
Zetacron 500

stingers>everything else

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion