Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:58 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
I like 20 Heavy Gruts a lot better than 9 Templars...
Yes, but how many of those Gruts are gonna be up front in the battle? 8 at best? The Templars have a huge move advantage so they can pick of lonely Gruts (ones by glyphs or such) one by one. Beyond that it's 4 (sometimes, 6) attack (Templar) vs. 3 defense (Gruts) so if I can pick off 3 of your Gruts out of your squad of 4, I like my chances of having a full squad of Templar still left after your turn since it's 3 attack (Gruts) vs. 4 defense (Templar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Sir Gilbert (105)
Sir Dendrick (100)
Knights of Weston x4 (280)
Isamu
495/18

Knights have a high enough defense that using Jotun's multi attack will be a bit risky. Also, 4 attacks of 3 (4 with Gilbert's aura) and an additional attack of 3 or 6 (Dendrick with giant slayer) will make quick work of your big heavy hitters. Ne Gok Sa is not really a problem since the heroes are not integral to the army after they get into position. And I get to use the knights of weston
Zelrig + MDG + Sacred Band x4 + Isamu = 495pts/20hexes

Zelrig can go out first and do as much damage to the Knights as possible before Sir Denrick and the Knights can take him out. Then it's a nice battle of 4 + bonding vs. 4 + bonding and hopefully Zelrig did enough damage for the Sacred Band to overcome the one less defense die. After that, Isamu match to the death!
Old March 30th, 2014, 01:51 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

That would be an interesting matchup...

Atlaga 90
Minions of Utgar x3 420
Raelin (RotV) 500/11

My army will be spread out enough in my SZ to prevent Zelrig from making too big of an impact. Once the Dragon goes down, (either by a lucky Witherwood roll or a more conventional beatdown), my Raelin-backed Minions will easily be able to defeat your Greeks.

(Although I already know what's going to counter my army...)
Old March 30th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
That would be an interesting matchup...

Atlaga 90
Minions of Utgar x3 420
Raelin (RotV) 500/11

My army will be spread out enough in my SZ to prevent Zelrig from making too big of an impact. Once the Dragon goes down, (either by a lucky Witherwood roll or a more conventional beatdown), my Raelin-backed Minions will easily be able to defeat your Greeks.

(Although I already know what's going to counter my army...)
Btw, not going to happen. Even if the Minions kill Zelrig with a stroke of sheer luck, there is no way they would be able to take on 4 squads of Sacred band after the fact, especially since they have MDG to back them up with an attack and move buff. You're trying to beat an army of 16 and a dragon with and army of 9 and a cheerleader, not even MoU can do that.

But for sake of argument:

Braxas 210
Charos 220
Greenscale Warriors x1 (60)
Isamu

Charos leads the charge with the Greenscales, who try to tie down the minions. If the minions attack Charos, they can damage him, but they have a high risk of whiffing with only 2 dice, and taking a lot of damage, which they really can't risk. Braxas moves in from behind and acid breaths the remaining Minions. once the minions are gone, your team is dead.

Also - Cultist counter on the horizon (I was really asking for it though)
Old March 30th, 2014, 04:03 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Plague Doctor

Marrden Hounds x 4 360
KMS 130
Otonashi 10

You can't acid breath the Hounds. Plague/Toxic Skin ignores counterstrike and vanish. KMS could also gain me a dragon or Isamu.

~Dysole, going out of the box
Old March 30th, 2014, 04:19 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Btw, not going to happen. Even if the Minions kill Zelrig with a stroke of sheer luck, there is no way they would be able to take on 4 squads of Sacred band after the fact, especially since they have MDG to back them up with an attack and move buff. You're trying to beat an army of 16 and a dragon with and army of 9 and a two cheerleaders, not even MoU can do that.
Fixed it for ya.

Sheer luck? I'm gonna be hittin' that dragon with 3 attacks of 2 with doubled skulls vs. his 4 defense/6 life. Also, I'm intrigued to see how the Sacred Band would be able to cut through 8 or 9 defense, MDG or not.

But anywho...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole
Marrden Hounds x 4 360
KMS 130
Otonashi 10

You can't acid breath the Hounds. Plague/Toxic Skin ignores counterstrike and vanish. KMS could also gain me a dragon or Isamu.

~Dysole, going out of the box
Deathstalkers x4 400
Major X17 500

My entire army is immune to plague/Toxic Skin, making most of your powers useless. The Death stalkers might not be able to Maul the Hounds, but I'm betting I'll have a better field position because of my consistent movement. And KMS might go down quickly to a lucky Maul. Since you have an all-melee army, X17 can play cleanup well.
Old April 1st, 2014, 08:51 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cathar Spearmen x4 (300)
Count Raymond 90
Van Nessing 105

Sorry for reusing my favorite army, but it really will work well. The Spearmen set up a defensive line to stop the Stalkers from moving in without risking a braced spear. Raymond can give the soldiers a chance to back off and gain the advantage of another braced spear. Van Nessing is used to assassinate Major X17 before he can grapple too many of the Cathar.
Old April 1st, 2014, 09:53 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Bah, puny mortals, cower before your dragon overlords!

Zelrig 185
Nilfheim 185
2x Greenscale Warriors 120
Isamu 10
500/11

~Aldin, drakishly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 1st, 2014, 12:15 PM

Cultists x5

Wait, no, that's lame, How about:

Iron Golems x2 (200)
Krav Maga Agents (100)
Agent Skahen (120)
Hoplitron x2 (70)
Otinashi (10)

The Golems can deal with the Dragons, with the range support from the Agents, who should have no problem avoiding your one ranged unit. The greenscales should be easy pickings for the Hoplitrons and agents.
Old April 1st, 2014, 05:03 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but at a cookie cutter bring-2 army tournament I will be going to I was thinking of bringing the following armies and was wondering who you think is more likely to win:
Tomb Skeletons * 6 + Cypren + Sonya VS
Marro Stingers * 5 + Van Nessing + Kira Jax

As far as this thread goes, Tomb Skeletons * 6 + Cypren + Sonya could totally beat Smithy Winfred's last army post, and thats only 440 points.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:33 AM

100% the Marro stingers. I've seen those guys bring down armies single handedly. Van nessing is a really nice range support unit, plus you can get 2 turns per OM, with a double 3 special attack. Kira would give a nice attack to deal with hard to kill heroes.
Old April 19th, 2014, 09:12 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Cultists x5

Wait, no, that's lame, How about:

Iron Golems x2 (200)
Krav Maga Agents (100)
Agent Skahen (120)
Hoplitron x2 (70)
Otinashi (10)
Well, I'm not a huge fan of rats, but they seem to be the solution here.

Deathreavers x 4 160
Major Q10 310
Syvarris 410
Marro Warriors 460
Guilty McCreech 490 / 24

Rats lock down your Golems for a bit and hopefully get to the agents as well. The Marro Warriors and ranged heroes are spread out to take down whatever comes into range first.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old May 31st, 2014, 10:34 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Phantom Knights x5
Fen Hydra
480/17

The Hydra isn't really needed, but it's less boring than PK x7.

4th Massx2-140
Templar Cavalryx3-360
Total: 500

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion