Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 28th, 2021, 01:30 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Thought this series was a fun read, so I wrote one up for the Totally Awesome Hulk! It's kinda late so it's a little loose, could probably use some more work. Also do we have a power similar to the last one already?
Quote:

NAME = HULK
SECRET IDENTITY = AMADEUS CHO

SPECIES = GAMMA MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PRODIGY
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC?

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 340?

THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK
Instead of moving Hulk normally, you may choose an engaged friendly figure up to 9 spaces away. Place Hulk on any empty space adjacent to the chosen figure and roll an unblockable attack die against each enemy figure adjacent to Hulk.

MONSTER HUNTER
When Hulk attacks or defends against an adjacent large figure, you may add 1 die to your roll. When Hulk attacks or defends against an adjacent huge figure, you may add 2 dice to your roll.

PATTERN RECOGNITION
Whenever Hulk attacks or defends against an opponent’s figure you may add X dice to your roll, where X is the number of revealed Order markers on the opponent figure’s Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Splash; October 29th, 2021 at 01:18 AM.
Old October 28th, 2021, 06:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Pattern Recognition is neat. Does seem like a mechanic we would've used already, right? But nothing springs to mind.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 28th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

We had the Champions down as Crime Fighters (Kamala, Miles, Nova, etc.) and Prodigies (Amadeus, Riri, Wasp, maybe Viv?) but that’s hardly set in stone.

As a general design thing, I personally try to avoid 2 powers that boost the same stat on the same design, if that makes sense. (Definitely not something we’re totally consistent with across the board, but I do think it makes for tidier designs.)

I might also drop his stats just a tad too? It’s hard, cause you don’t want him to feel like a chump against OM hub armies, but also you don’t want him to completely destroy other kinds of armies. Maybe there could be a power (either here or on a thematic ally) that disrupts OM hubs a little bit?

If the last power has been done before, we could always toss in something like “if the figure is not Brilliant.” Let Reed Richards outthink him.
Old October 28th, 2021, 11:37 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

He at least is very good at attacking the hub in an OM hub army.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 28th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

That’s true. And with the Totally Awesome Hulk power (which I also really dig fwiw), if you can slip a unit past the enemy and next to Prof. X, Amadeus can really leap in and smash him.

Fwiw, I was thinking of something like this. Not sure I’m in love with it.
Quote:
TAUNT 11
Before moving normally with Hulk, you may choose an adjacent opponent’s figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, move an unrevealed Order Marker from any other figure in that figure’s army to that figure’s Army Card.
Old October 28th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Totally stealing that Taunt for one of my designs.

Thid guy is going to make the dinosaurs go extinct.
Old October 28th, 2021, 12:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That kinda feels inevitable though.
Old October 28th, 2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That kinda feels inevitable though.
Nah, they'll just evolve into chickens.

Old October 28th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is going to be a great power for the Savage Land T-Rex.
Old October 28th, 2021, 08:19 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
We had the Champions down as Crime Fighters (Kamala, Miles, Nova, etc.) and Prodigies (Amadeus, Riri, Wasp, maybe Viv?) but that’s hardly set in stone.

As a general design thing, I personally try to avoid 2 powers that boost the same stat on the same design, if that makes sense. (Definitely not something we’re totally consistent with across the board, but I do think it makes for tidier designs.)

I might also drop his stats just a tad too? It’s hard, cause you don’t want him to feel like a chump against OM hub armies, but also you don’t want him to completely destroy other kinds of armies. Maybe there could be a power (either here or on a thematic ally) that disrupts OM hubs a little bit?

If the last power has been done before, we could always toss in something like “if the figure is not Brilliant.” Let Reed Richards outthink him.
Sweet, I'll change to Prodigy. I wanted to make sure he could work with Kamala since they've been on like almost three teams together.
The first two Hulks have a power that just gives a ton of extra attack dice, so I thought I'd have two smaller ones that bump attack. Although if it needs to change, Pattern Recognition could be just defensive and maybe extend it to adjacent figures?
Old October 29th, 2021, 12:40 AM
Just A Head

Like, I want to be clear, when I say that I'm talking as MrNobody, not an official voice of the group by any means. We definitely do have designs that stack multiple attack boosts (see Nova for an example of me doing that), but I personally think in general, designs come out cleaner and more fun if you don't have that added messiness of 2 powers with similar effects.

If you do want the two, it could maybe be helpful if the boosts were symmetrical? Something like:
Quote:
MONSTER HUNTER
When Hulk attacks or defends against an adjacent Creature, large, or huge figure, you may add 2 dice to your roll.

PATTERN RECOGNITION
Whenever Hulk attacks or defends against an opponent’s figure with a revealed Order Marker on its Army Card, you may add 2 dice to your roll.
That said, I think the original Pattern Recognition is a winner of a power. If you were to replace/modify one, I think I'd definitely look at Monster Hunter as the one to change.
Old October 29th, 2021, 01:12 AM

Cool!
How about this, they both have attack and defend and they both ramp up, also I dropped his attack from 8 to 7.
Quote:
MONSTER HUNTER
When Hulk attacks or defends against an adjacent large figure, you may add 1 die to your roll. When Hulk attacks or defends against an adjacent huge figure, you may add 2 dice to your roll.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy