Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 26th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Tul-Bak-Ra

Just for the record, teleporting Groks, doesn't sound good to me unless TBR is also adjacent to an engaged Warlord. The Groks movement is already good (at 8. It's their cost that's prohibitive...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 26th, 2009, 01:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
An interesting question to pose would be, why isn't he a warlord? The only benefits coming from that would be bonding with the Groks, and a Grok attack enhancement. I think most here would agree, the Groks need a little help, so it must lay on Tul-Bak-Ra. I think perhaps it is that his base stats, combined with being extremely mobile, would make him too powerful as a warlord. Right now, there are only two marro warlords, Ne-Gok-Sa and Me-Burq-Sa. The one can't keep up with the Groks, but does have the staying power to help out once he gets there. The other can keep up with the Groks but isn't very good in a melee-heavy fight.
The Roman Legionnaires bond with any Warlord, so that may have had some to do with it.
Are the Legionnaires still doing all right? I've never been to tournaments or anything and my only play experience comes from playing with people I introduced to the game. In our circles, the Romans don't see much play time, and could use a boost.
I think we'll see them a lot more with the re-release of Wave 1 (this week I think), but I do see them pretty regularly anyway. They're very good as is, though I find they need a good ranged squad backing them up since they're so slow (like the AE as along as they drop and also have synergy with Marcus). If TBR were a Warlord it would definitely buy the Romans some time to get to the front lines while the Marro teleporters hold the enemy line (in theory).

So basically you'd get to move/attack with the Romans (or any squad that bonds with a Marro Warlord), after Teleporting TBR in (and attacking), and then move some squaddies up when he's attacked to buy the Romans that time. Almost like a double bond.

-insert signature here-
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:05 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmodaily View Post
Tul-Bak-Ra and his accompanying squad of Dividers are the Q-9 counter we've all been waiting for. It actually looks like they were designed to specifically take him down. It's about freakin' time.
I can see how he would be useful against Q9 (teleport in common squads to engage and take out Q9), but I think that the wave 9 "counter" to Q9 will be the Repulsors.

I do think that Tul-Bak-Ra would be a great assassin. I would think that he makes a good counter to Raelin and may be used to take her out. Tul-Bak-Ra may also be a good rat counter in that he can teleport himself past the rats and bring in reinforcements.
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:10 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Tul-Bak-Ra and his accompanying squad of Dividers are the Q-9 counter we've all been waiting for. It actually looks like they were designed to specifically take him down. It's about freakin' time.
I can see how he would be useful against Q9 (teleport in common squads to engage and take out Q9), but I think that the wave 9 "counter" to Q9 will be the Repulsors.

I do think that Tul-Bak-Ra would be a great assassin. I would think that he makes a good counter to Raelin and may be used to take her out. Tul-Bak-Ra may also be a good rat counter in that he can teleport himself past the rats and bring in reinforcements.
He can also teleport past Gladiatrons and get to Raelin or the Blastatrons, but he can also be easily surrounded by Trons. Plus, Cyberclaw negates his teleporting powers.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Quote:

He can also teleport past Gladiatrons and get to Raelin or the Blastatrons, but he can also be easily surrounded by Trons. Plus, Cyberclaw negates his teleporting powers.
Agreed, but unless he is well surrounded by Gladiatrons, once he is wounded he can bring in squads to take out Raelin, Glads, Blasts, ...
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:22 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed, but unless he is well surrounded by Gladiatrons, once he is wounded he can bring in squads to take out Raelin, Glads, Blasts, ...
Right - I think he will still be pretty good against Trons, but he will be much better against Rats and range. It seems like a lot is being done in this wave to nerf Reavers. Mohicans Battle Fury, TBR's Teleporting past them and allowing free disengagement, possibly the repulsors working well against Soulborgs....

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Right - I think he will still be pretty good against Trons, but he will be much better against Rats and range. It seems like a lot is being done in this wave to nerf Reavers. Mohicans Battle Fury, TBR's Teleporting past them and allowing free disengagement, possibly the repulsors working well against Soulborgs....
I may be over thinking this, but wave 9 has a number of figures that are good counters to A+/A figures. TBR is good against Raelin, Deathreavers, Q9 (possibly with the ability to teleport in low point melee attackers). I agree with your assessment of the Mohicans. Repulsors are described as anti soulborg units (Q9, Q10, Deathreavers). We'll see about the rest. Maybe the Brawlers will be particularly good against the 4th Mass. and Stingers.
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM

Lordzum is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If Tul-Bak-Ra attacks an enemy with counter strike and they roll more shields than he has skuls, can he use his teleport minions special ability?
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordzum View Post
If Tul-Bak-Ra attacks an enemy with counter strike and they roll more shields than he has skuls, can he use his teleport minions special ability?
No, because Counter-strike is neither a Normal nor Special Attack.
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

The full implications of mind blast and teleport vis-a-vis the castle is pretty stunning. TBR can teleport into the castle from beyond the range of most castle defenders and then start mind blasting all of the units standing on the roof of the castle while being unassailable below (elvenenvy also pointed this out in the preview thread). If the castle defender brings troops down to attack him (taking several turns to get down the ladders), or has units by the door to do the same, he can then summon in additional units to help defend him and hold the door.

From now on I can't imagine why anyone would ever field a castle siege army without TBR and a couple of marro squads - probably dividers.
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM

He would also be pretty cool defending a castle. You could put him right behind the door, so he could be the one opening it when you need him to. Then, if anyone gets to the door to try and break it down, he can Mind Blast them from the other side.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think people are overstating his Mind Blast because of the "nifty factor." In the end, it's really only a wimpy 3 attack with crappy range that can only hit one target. I think TBR's real value is as a tank/transporter.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units