Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 30th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Post

I'll have to try him out in my weekly game tomorrow
Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

So how do people feel about another Jean Grey?

MARVEL GIRL

MINI:
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = MARVEL GIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = Jean Grey

SPECIES = Mutant
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Telepath
PERSONALITY = Insecure
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 120?

TELEKINETIC TOSS 12
After moving and before attacking, you may choose either Marvel Girl or a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Marvel Girl. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control within 3 spaces of Marvel Girl. If you roll a 12 or higher, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. Chosen figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

TELEPATHIC WIPE 17
Instead of attacking with Marvel Girl, you may choose an opponent’s figure within 4 spaces of Marvel Girl and roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control within 3 spaces of Marvel Girl. If you roll a 17 or higher, remove 1 Order Marker at random from the chosen figure’s card. After using Telepathic Wipe 17, you may use it 1 additional time.

The idea here is to capture Jean Grey early on, when she hadn't tapped much of her potential and was still insecure about her powers. Telekinetic Toss is a weaker version of Telekinesis; it activates on the same roll, but can't deal wounds. I wanted to give her a somewhat different role from the other Jean Greys, and so that's why I came up with Telepathic Wipe. One of the things I like about Telepathic Wipe is that it makes her play even better with Xavier then some of the other mutants, as it's much easier to swallow giving up your attack to try to remove OMs when you get a whole second turn. I added the 3 range to her being boosted by Telepaths to show that the other Jean Grey stands on her own more and doesn't require help, where this younger Jean Grey still relies on Xavier and other telepaths.

The tricky thing here is making an interesting design. I think having an early version of Jean in the game would be fun, but with three other designs of the same character out there, it's tricky to make a fourth interesting and useful.

Thoughts?

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Viegon; September 4th, 2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Changed Telepathic Wipe
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the idea of a Marvel Girl for sure. I like the current design. The one thing I really, really worry about is Marvel Girl in a Professor X based Mutant Telepath army with Telepathic Wipe 16. Imagine if you can get +3 or 4 to that roll and just decimate the opponent's round early on, then use the rest of your 4 or 5 turns for the round (thanks to Prof X) to tear up the enemy. The potential there scares me a bit.

Obviously, spreading out OMs on enemy cards will help combat this a bit, and there are a few hard counters out there as well, I just worry about her having swingy good value for her points. I wonder if slightly lowering the D20 roll but capping it at one try per turn wouldn't be better? Normally it'd be a lot to give up your attack for that, but Prof X changes those odds a bit. And remember that Beast can be added to this pile as well!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:45 PM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

maybe subtract one from your roll for each time she uses it that turn. Also, It would be cool for her to have the Merciful personality so she can go Pheonix mode.

Otherwise, it looks cool, Telepathic Wipe is very thematic
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm mostly concerned about the swinginess. I don't think subtracting one each time is going to do enough ....

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:26 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Hmm, you may be on to something there, Bats. In addition to the scenario you suggested, she also has the potential to be put in an army with Magneto II and Destiny.

The thing is, if you cap it at 1 roll per turn, the power is essentially useless in any non-Xavier builds, which I'm not a huge fan of. Here's another idea: give it the "after using this power, you may use it 1 additional time" language. This way it's capped at two rolls per turn, but also allows her to hit multiple targets. She's still got good potential and loves being boosted, but you have to take a minimum of two turns with her to remove an opponent's entire round, and the odds of that happing is incredibly low. I'd also probably bump the roll a tad, so we'd have:

TELEPATHIC WIPE 17
Instead of attacking with Marvel Girl, you may choose an opponent’s figure within 4 spaces of Marvel Girl and roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control within 3 spaces of Marvel Girl. If you roll a 17 or higher, remove 1 Order Marker at random from the chosen figure’s card. After using Telepathic Wipe 17, you may use it 1 additional time.

Smithy: I bounced back and forth on whether or not she should be able to turn into Phoenix. This design focuses on the character at a stage in her life much before the Phoenix first appears, but on the other hand, there's nothing to say the Phoenix couldn't have taken her over earlier. Right now my preference is to keep her out of the Phoenix Progression, but I could be swayed by a majority in favor of her being Merciful.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM

So she can always use it twice? I think she should only be able to use it a second time if she lands the first one, and only on the same figure. I still think Pheonix would be cool, although I can see where you're coming from.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
So she can always use it twice? I think she should only be able to use it a second time if she lands the first one, and only on the same figure. I still think Pheonix would be cool, although I can see where you're coming from.
You're suggesting something more in line with Bats, just with capping it at two instead of one? Something like this then:

TELEPATHIC WIPE 16
Instead of attacking with Marvel Girl, you may choose an opponent’s figure within 4 spaces of Marvel Girl and roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control within 3 spaces of Marvel Girl. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove 1 Order Marker at random from the chosen figure’s card and you may roll for Telepathic Wipe 16 one additional time.

I could get on board with that version.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM

Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:34 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like this change and Marvel Girl overall. Nice job Viegon.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

She would make a very cool Psi-Judge.
I like it.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:38 PM

Good changes, Viegon, though I think your first change (always 2 tries) would be a lot easier to test and cost appropriately than the more swingy second change.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy