Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 31st, 2016, 07:00 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon 2016 Tournaments Army Ideas

I and a friend are going but need to borrow some figures. BTW, if you want to play an army, but don't have, please post here and I or someone will let you borrow - don't let what you own stop you from playing what you want to play - we are not like CCM gamers.

From 600 Point Competitive Armies
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Taelord FTW in RTW!
ID4 [Lefton4ya]: Drones x 05, Taelord, SuBakNa: 17f-18h-590
WWZ [Lefton4ya]: Zombies x 05, Taelord, Raelin2: 17f-17h-600
Knights++ [Lefton4ya]: KoW x 03, KMA, Taelord, Thorgrim, Eldgrim: 18f-18h-600
Minions++ [Lefton4ya]: Minions x 03, Atlaga, Taelord: 11f-11h-600
Hunters+ [Lefton4ya]: Quasatch x 04, Taelord, Marcu: 14f-14h-600
For two armies, I would need to borrow from 2 of the following squad sets: 1x Zombies, 4 x Drones, 3x Knights, 2 x Minions, 3 x Quasatch

For the C3V/SoV Pick-2 tourney, I am bringing 6+ of the following C3V/SoV Mini Mighties (4 for me and a friend, and 2 or more for people who show up for open play but don't have armies for the C3V tourney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Catharsis [LeftOn4ya]: vCathars x 03, vCRaymond, Raelin2: 14f-14h-435
Wild Ones [LeftOn4ya]: vDreadguls x 03, Jotun, Marcu: 11f-12h-440

Time Troopers [LeftOn4ya]: vMTroopers x 03, Laglor, vRygarn: 14f-14h-440
Mariedians [LeftOn4ya]: vM-43 x 03, vB-11, vKiraJax, vJarek: 15f-15h-435

Dragonslayers [LeftOn4ya]: vNhah x 03, vSkullDemon x 01, vSiiv, Brandis: 15f-15h-435
Fireballin' [Lefton4ya]: vBrimstone, vTyrian, vVIncendiborgs: 5f-5h-440

Havoc Hive [LeftOn4ya]: vHavechs x 03, SuBakNa, Isamu: 11f-12h-440
Twilight [LeftOn4ya]: Cyprien, Sonya, vVanNessing, WerewolfLord x 01: 4f-5h-440

Femme Fatales [Lefton4ya]: vVarkBladeDancers x 04, Nakitas: 15f-15h-440
Varkaanan Pack [LeftOn4ya]: vBahadur, vVarkDarkclaws, vVarkGreyspears, vVarkSwiftfangs, Isamu: 13f-13h-440

Viper Army [Lefton4ya]: Armocs x 03, VenocWarlord, vZogross, : 11f-11h-435
Flutterin' [Lefton4ya]: vBSneaks x 04, vQuorikWitch, Braxas: 10f-11h-440

Knighted [Lefton4ya]: KoW x 04, vSirOrrick, Eldgrim, Finn: 19f-19h-440
Swog & Swag [Lefton4ya]: ArrowGruts x 03, Swog x 04, vGnR, Nerak: 15f-20h-440

Go ninjas, go [LeftOn4ya]: vKantono, Isamu, Kumiko, Moriko, NotNW, Otonashi: 8f-8h-440
Samurai Strike [Lefton4ya]: vTomoe, TagawaSamurai, Kozuke, Raelin1, Eldgrim: 9f-9h-440
If I brought all the above, I would need to borrow: 1 SkullDemon & Brandis Skyhunter, 1 Varkan Blade Dancers, 2 Armoc Vipers, 2 Sneaks x & Quorik Warwitch, 3 Knights of Weston, 2 Swog Riders
Old August 1st, 2016, 01:06 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can provide:

Drones, Knights, Minions, Quasatch, Armocs, Brandis. Send me a PM so I'll know what to bring and we can agree on where to meet.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 12:29 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

It's always awesome to see you guys playing the hell out of this still. Sure wish I could be there battling alongside you all.

Have fun!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 2nd, 2016, 03:14 PM

FilmCriticFrog knows what's in an order marker FilmCriticFrog knows what's in an order marker

I'm sooo excited for the next few days. Be sure to say hi if you meet me there! I wear a silver necklace with a pawprint on it if you want to meet face-to-face. My team is going to be either Jotun, Braxas, Raelin and Kelda pr Nilfheim, Braxas, Raelin and X2 Stingers (or 3 deathreavers). I was also planning to enter General Wars with my Barrier Ball (look in my silly builds thread for that). Let me know if you have any suggestions for me and I cant wait to see everything Thursday!
Old January 16th, 2018, 04:33 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Forgot to mention this but was wondering opinions

I placed 3rd/4th in the main event with MacDirks x4, Alastair, Thorgrim, and Raelin RotV. It was really fun and was proud of it, but...

The other army I was considering was this:

Raelin RotV 80pt.
Taelord 180pt.
Aubrien Archers x4 280pt.
Zetacron 60pt.

I think it could be crazy good, and fun to play. I was thinking, in day 2 hopefully my opponent(s) would mess up Raelin/Taelord placements and positioning. Because without it aubriens aren't going to be very menacing against other 600pt. armies. Ultimately I decided it was too powerful and in the hands of a good player (especially on an abusable map) I didn't want to face it. The MacDirks were a blast but part of me still wishes I tried this build out to see how it performed.

Once in a solid position, even if you frenzy an average amount i feel like that makes huge swings and annihilates the opponent's momentum. It would be miserable to deal with, I feel. I'm curious if your frenzying is low if it would still do decent because the swings would be pretty huge. And Zetacron's there in case you run into a really strong hero, or if the opponent tries to maneuver outside your aubrien setup.

Thoughts on this build?
Old January 16th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think you made the right decision for the right reason. In the latter part of Day 2, you will be playing good players who will not blunder placing Taelord & Raelin. You might have done well enough to get the same finish but I don't think you would have done better.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion