Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Noh-Varr - Public Playtesting

Still haven't convinced you, huh?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 4th, 2016, 08:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Noh-Varr)
Pregame Thoughts: Looks like a fun figure with a couple of interesting tricks. The auto-wound potential of White Running is really nice, keeping it limited to once per game sounds like a good idea. The map I have set up has a circle of road tiles on it so here’s hoping his opponents jump on the road and line themselves up so he can knock them down. Not sure about also limiting it to revealing an OM on his card though, that might make him difficult to build into some armies where an OM dump is utilized and makes him not work all that well with the Kree Scouts. Enhanced Durability seems like it would make him a good teammate for the Kree Soldiers though as he should be able to get in a few big bonded barrages as long as there are no SA in play. His Run and Run SA certainly has nice flexibility with the two attacks from different locations if needed, the cap at 3 attack dice keeps its impact limited to mostly picking off squad figures and low level heroes though. He has a nice big attack of 5 for dealing with higher defense figures, and of course White Running can wound any high defense figures other than the Blob, so he seems well balanced on offense. I tried building some all Kree armies at lower point totals and found that the 270 price point wasn’t working for me, ended up having to go up to 1200 points to make it work, but with a Kree Captain and Kree General eventually getting done that could easily change.
Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes? No problems with the card or mechanics at least.
- What should be the unit's point value? IDK, he seems a little underwhelming here and I was expecting more from him.
- Give a brief overview. The Kree and Skrull engage in another battle in a war that has raged across the galaxy. The Skrull have recruited Namor to their cause here on Earth. However, the Skull team has no SA’s so Noh-Varr should hold up and lead many Kree Soldier attacks, which is why the Skrull will focus on taking out the Soldiers first if given the opportunity to do so. Lots of trees on this map for LOS blocking, so the Skrull Champions will need to stay close to their troops in order to inspire them. Ronan choses Rl’nnd as his accused to start the game.
Map: Custom Map - The Wheel
Units: Noh-Varr@270, Kree Soldier x7 (210), Ronan (360), Genis-Vell (360) (1200) vs. Super-Skrull (340), Super-Skrull (280), Skrull Warriors x3 (330), Namor (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Noh-Varr and Genis-Vell led the attack and tried to pick up some wounds before calling in the troops. Things didn’t work out all that well for Noh-Varr (details above), but Genis-Vell managed to defend well while never succumbing to any madness. He took a couple of Ws though and was able to attack with 2 Soldiers several times. The Skrull Warriors did pretty well for a while, rolling 5 & 6 dice from being inspired on HG, but all of them ended up being put down while Kree Soldiers still remained in play. Kl’rt rolled just 3 shields on 18 def. dice and was killed after just 3 att. from Genis-Vell, he never attacked anyone or did anything other than inspire the Warriors a couple of times so he was a big disappointment in this game. Rl’nnd on the other hand seemed to initially block everything with his Steel Skin, even Ronan’s SA (without using the auto-shield), and dished out quite a bit of damage. A Kree Warrior finally got a lucky shot off to break the stalemate and then after that Ronan was able to start scoring some hits too. Namor started out strong vs. Genis-Vell, but then took a dive.
- Give a brief overview. Speedball and Noh-Varr will lead the attack while holding Nova Prime in reserve. It is there job to soften the heroes up so Nova can come in and quickly clean them up.
Map: Custom Map - The Wheel
Units: Noh-Varr (270), Nova (380), Speedball (150) (800) vs. Wrecking Crew (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: The Wrecking Crew get off to a hot start with the d20, they are too far away to get in any attacks that early but are instead able to all move up effectively as a group. Piledriver then nailed Speedball for 4W on the first attack of the game. Speedball manages to get away and engages 3 of the criminals on the road, setting them up for a White Running blitz. The d20 stays hot for the Wrecking Crew first though, but all the att. can’t get past Speedball’s auto-block so Piledriver starts working on Noh-Varr instead. Once Noh-Varr uses his white running, Piledriver is freed up to pursue Speedball again and immediately takes him down. The Wrecking Crew now focus all their att. on Noh-Varr and work him down to 4W by the end of the round while he puts 3Ws on Piledriver. They then win initiative and finish him off before he can take any more turns. This allows Wrecker to move up to HG and att. Nova twice (they won initiative again) before Nova can move. Even though he rerolled def. dice both times, no new shields were produced and he took a quick 4W, then the d20 let Thunderball get a shot at him which he failed but the d20 gave Wrecker a 3rd att. from HG and Nova went down without ever leaving the SZ or making an att. at all.
Postgame Thoughts: I’m not surprised his team lost the 2nd game as his team had no synergy at all while the Wrecking Crew are a tightly running ship. The fact that the d20 was running hot for them and delivering a bunch of extra turns (even if many of the extra turns just resulted in moving figures) just made it that much worse. I also have not yet been able to get Nova to live up to his 380 point billing and that bad luck continued in this match too with him not even getting a chance to take a turn. That being said, Noh-Varr himself seemed a bit underwhelming at 270 points in both games. I never attacked him with a SA in either game and yet he managed to fall pretty quickly in both games. The 1W per normal attack certainly is nice as it helped absorb a lot of wounds, but the 4 def. didn’t hold up well enough to make a difference. Between Piledriver, Rl’nnd, and the Skrull Warriors all getting in two attacks per OM on him he seemed to take 1-2W on most turns and never lasted long enough to dish out much damage in return. I never used his SA as everyone had 5+ def., the Skrull Warriors might have been worth trying to use it on had they not been inspired most of the game. It also could have been used to try and bypass Rl’nnd’s auto shield but I never had the opportunity to test that out. These two poor showings may be outliers, but my current feeling is he needs a point drop as is or a power bump up somewhere. 270 points is a lot for a guy whose SA is best used on sub 100 point squads and heroes so I’d consider bumping the SA up to 4. Moving the def. up to 5 would help with SA counter drafts and multiple normal attacks per OM if you want to go if a different direction. If not interested in either one of those changes, I’d at least drop the OM reveal limitation on White Running. That is his most interesting and useful power and it is already limited to once per round by the X. May as well let him use it when working with the Kree Scouts, Baron Zemo, Red Skull, etc. I look forward to giving him another try down the road!
Old May 4th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks, YK! I'll wait for more results before making any changes, but I'll keep those in mind.

I found that the SA was best against low-cost figures, but it also helped him on turns when he wanted to move after attacking, allowing to keep high ground and sometimes force the opponent's hand. It's not really intended to be his major offensive focus though, more just an option for when it works.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Noh-Varr (@270 points)

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Noh-Varr, Ronan, Kree Soldiers x12 (990 points) VS Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Superboy (Kon-El), Red Robin (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units: Noh-Varr, Ronan, Kree Soldiers x12 (990 points) VS Nick Fury, SHIELD Agents x4, Agent Hunter, Spider-Woman (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units: Noh-Varr, Ronan, Kree Soldiers x8, Kree Scouts x3 (990 points) VS Sage, Omega Red, Black King, Wild Child, Yukio (990 points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Despite three bad losses, Noh-Varr really shined in these games, especially the second. He has a nice range of offensive options and he’ll normally stick around for awhile. He pairs perfectly with the Kree Soldiers, and he’s not too bad with the Scouts if you can manage it right. I think he fits nicely at either 260 or 270 points, though I wouldn’t go higher than 270.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Lots of fun. Noh-Varr is sort of a jack of all trades, being fast and decently tough, with offensive options of solid melee attack, ranged SA multi-attack, and multiple auto-wounds. It’s fun having him zoom around the board dealing wounds while his Kree allies set up and start firing. And I’m really looking forward to how he’ll play with the rest of the Young Avengers. Definitely a .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 14th, 2016, 11:32 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Probably time to put in a last call for results and then start assembling a summary of results. Some good testers in the OP.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 14th, 2016, 05:25 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks, V!

I agree that he's looking good at 260-270. Ronin just signed up yesterday, and Tiranx said he would have his tests in by tomorrow, so I will give it a few more days before moving forward.

Old May 14th, 2016, 06:39 PM

Cool. Sounds good.

Old May 18th, 2016, 08:41 AM

From Tiranx:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: (Nor-Vah)

Army Test 1

Map: Sirocco
Units: Nor-Vah, Ronan, and Kree Soldier X9 (900 points) vs. Clayface, Killer Croc, Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman (905 points)

summary of the game: Joker kept ruining my turn marker placement until I took him out with the Soldiers and Nor-Vah. Nor-Vah managed to get wounds on Catwoman, Two-Face, and Joker with White Running. That was super fun. Nor-Vah eventually fell to Two-Face's sick luck. He was able to attack three times in a row because of Heads or Tails. Ronan started working through the villians, but eventually fell to Killer Croc after being weakened by Clayface.

End Game:
Killer Croc - 2 life
Catwoman - 2 life

Nor-Vah's army lost, but it could have gone either way. White Running is so fun to play. Really enjoyed this game.

Army Test 2

Map: Sirocco
Units: Nor-Vah, Kree Scouts X6 (510 points) Vs. Frost Giant and Carnage.

Summary of the Game: Carnage ripped through the scouts and the Frost Giant managed to Freeze Nor-Vah who couldn't escape and froze to death.

End Game:

Frost Giant - 4 life
Carnage - 4 life

Since Nor-Vah was frozen and Carnage was such a great counter to the scouts the game went really fast and neither the scouts nor Nor-Vah shone at all. Sad day for the playtesting army.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:

Cost: Seemed pretty good to me. I wanted to use Nor-Vah as a heavy hitter, but he just doesn't have it in him. However, he was really fun to play with his bonding units. PASS

Balance: His high speed and fairly strong attack were very useful, but even with his defensive abilities, he could still fall fairly quickly. Catwoman's special attack really hurt him in the first game. This really helps to balance him for what he is. PASS

Draftability: Taking him with Kree soldiers or scouts or with a gang of other super heroes is all gravy. I would definitely draft him just for the fun of White Running.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Had a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed White Running. My son loves Juggernaut and White Running works similar. So, I will have to pick him up.

Old May 18th, 2016, 08:42 AM

Couple more losses, but nothing worrying. I'll see where the other testers are at and look at moving forward in a day or two.

Old May 23rd, 2016, 06:45 PM

Still a couple of outstanding testers, but I think we have enough to move forward here. I'll add those testers to this summary when/if their results come in.

[TB] Initial tests:

Game 1:
Noh-Varr (250), Kree Soldiers x7 (210) (460)
VS
Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Human Torch (Jim, 150) (600)

Results:
Iron Fist with 3/5 wounds.

Game 2:
Noh-Varr (250), Kree Soldiers x7 (210) (460)
VS
Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Human Torch (Jim, 150) (600)

Results:
Noh-Varr with 2/6 wounds and one Soldier remaining.

Game 3:
Noh-Varr (270), Ronan (360), Kree Soldier x8 (240), Kree Scout x3 (120) (990)
VS
Professor Xavier (220), Cable (275), Psylocke (250), Blink (145), Dazzler (100) (990)

Results:
Cable with 3/5 wounds, Professor Xavier and Blink unwounded.

Game 4:
Noh-Varr (270), Ronan (360), Kree Soldier x8 (240), Kree Scout x3 (120) (990)
VS
Professor Xavier (220), Cable (275), Psylocke (250), Blink (145), Dazzler (100) (990)

Results:
Noh-Varr with 3/6 wounds, 1 Scout and 2 Soldiers remaining.

[Lazy Orang] tests:

Game 1:
Noh-Varr, Ronan, 6x Kree Soldiers, 5x Kree Scouts (1010 points)
VS
Lex Luthor (vII), Doctor Octopus, Absorbing Man, 2x LexCorps Security (1,005 points)

Results:
1 Kree Scout

Game 2:
Noh-Varr, Commander Rogers, Flash (Barry Allen), Hawkgirl (1,005 points)
VS
Baron Heinrich Zemo, Deathstroke, Joe Fixit, Titanium Man (1,010 points)

Results:
Deathstroke 3 wounds, Joe Fixit 3 wounds, Titanium Man unwounded

[YK] tests:

Game 1:
Noh-Varr@270, Kree Soldier x7 (210), Ronan (360), Genis-Vell (360) (1200)
VS
Super-Skrull (340), Super-Skrull (280), Skrull Warriors x3 (330), Namor (1200)

Results:
Genis-Vell w/5W & Ronan w/3W won.

Game 2:
Noh-Varr (270), Nova (380), Speedball (150) (800)
VS
Wrecking Crew (800)

Results:
Wrecker @full life, Bulldozer & Thunderball w/1W each, & Piledriver w/4W won

[Viegon] tests:

Game 1:
Noh-Varr, Ronan, Kree Soldiers x12 (990 points)
VS
Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Superboy (Kon-El), Red Robin (1,000 points)

Results:
Raven with 2 wounds, Starfire and Red Robin unwounded

Game 2:
Noh-Varr, Ronan, Kree Soldiers x12 (990 points)
VS
Nick Fury, SHIELD Agents x4, Agent Hunter, Spider-Woman (1,000 points)

Results:
Nick Fury with 3 wounds, 2 SHIELD Agents

Game 3:
Noh-Varr, Ronan, Kree Soldiers x8, Kree Scouts x3 (990 points)
VS
Sage, Omega Red, Black King, Wild Child, Yukio (990 points)

Results:
Omega Red with 6 wounds, Wild Child, Yukio, and Black King all unwounded

[Tiranx] tests:

Game 1:
Nor-Vah, Ronan, and Kree Soldier X9 (900 points)
VS
Clayface, Killer Croc, Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman (905 points)

Results:
Killer Croc - 2 life, Catwoman - 2 life

Game 2:
Nor-Vah, Kree Scouts X6 (510 points)
VS
Frost Giant and Carnage

Results:
Frost Giant - 4 life, Carnage - 4 life

Total 4 wins and 9 losses, 2-7 excluding the Initial.

Old May 23rd, 2016, 06:48 PM

Not worried about the losses, given that a lot of them seem to be due to bad luck and/or weird matchups. Nothing suggests his cost should be higher though, and a couple of the testers felt he could be lower, so I propose Noh-Varr move to Final Editing at 260.

@IAmBatman -
@johnny139 -
@Karat -
@SirGalahad -
@Viegon -

Old May 23rd, 2016, 06:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Noh-Varr - Vote for Final Editing!

Yea

Definitely don't see anything concerning about those results. I do expect he'll be more useful as the Young Avengers and Kree factions develop, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library