Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 11th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Happy Veterans Day

Just wanted to take a moment to thank all the service people that have served or currently serve in the defense of our country. Thank you!

Also, wanted to say happy belated birthday to the Marine Corps. Yesterday was the 222nd birthday of the United States Marine Corps. Huraaaah Devil Dogs.!

Marine Corps 211th Birthday Ball 1986 at Camp H.M. Smith Hawaii.

The bright row of lights in the background is Aloha Stadium. The base that I was stationed at was on a mountain overlooking Pearl Harbor and Aloha Stadium.

Not the best quality pictures, but considering the two lower ones were taken from a disk camera (you younger folks probably never heard of one of these), it came out alright, they look better in person.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
To all who have served: My eternal thanks and admiration. This nation owes you more than it can repay and you have given more than most can ever realize.

Thank you.

~Cavalier-Son/Grandson of a Veteran
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:30 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
To all who have served: My eternal thanks and admiration. This nation owes you more than it can repay and you have given more than most can ever realize.

Thank you.

~Cavalier-Son/Grandson of a Veteran
Same Here

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:46 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
God bless those who are willing to do what I am not.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old November 11th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Happy Veterans Day

Thank you to everyone connected with serving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Not the best quality pictures, but considering the two lower ones were taken from a disk camera (you younger folks probably never heard of one of these), it came out alright, they look better in person.
I had one of those! Fifteen pictures and they didn't look all that good...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 11th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim

Quote:

Jim
Yeah, they weren't the best, but they were quite small for their time I guess. They've found themselves amongst the other "Oh yeah, I remember those" short lived products.

Old November 11th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim

Quote:

Jim
Yeah, they weren't the best, but they were quite small for their time I guess. They've found themselves amongst the other "Oh yeah, I remember those" short lived products.
It also might have had something to do with the fact that they sold almost nothing but those cameras in the commissary back then. We all had the same crappy cameras that took the same crappy pics. Probably why I have not a single picture of my time as a Hospital Corpsman with the 3rd Mardiv in Pendleton 84-86 and then combat engineers Camp Hansen Okinawa 86-88.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 11th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
It also might have had something to do with the fact that they sold almost nothing but those cameras in the commissary back then. We all had the same crappy cameras that took the same crappy pics. Probably why I have not a single picture of my time as a Hospital Corpsman with the 3rd Mardiv in Pendleton 84-86 and then combat engineers Camp Hansen Okinawa 86-88.
I have always loved taking pictures, even as a kid, so it just came natural for me to take a ton of pictures while in the Marines. In addition to the Disc camera, I also had a Canon AE1 35mm. Every time I look back at the pictures from that time in my life, I'm so very glad because I only keep in touch with one old Marine buddy now and I like to keep the memories of all of the great people that I shared my life with.

I had only spent a short time at Pendleton, a few months at Camp Johnson, N.C. and almost 3 1/2 years at Camp H.M. Smith, HI. After my term there, the Corps decided not to send any more Marines over there for their first duty station. Hawaii is a bit more relaxed than the other duty station locals and not the place for youngsters to start out. I would have likely gone to Okinawa if I'd reenlisted.

I'm sorry GB that you don't have any pictures of those years, they are something that I hold dear.

Old November 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Academic interest in military affairs is small potatoes indeed compared to actually serving. Thank you to all that have served and my highest respect for those who do what I cannot.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old November 11th, 2007, 05:02 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
My best friend before he boarded the plane

Miss ya brother...cya soon.
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
My best friend before he boarded the plane

Miss ya brother...cya soon.
Man Sky, having twin girls that will be 5 in Feb, that picture just breaks my heart. I give my girls extra hugs and kisses just because of scenes like that one, because I will never take them for granted and thank God and appreciate that I get to see my girls every day.

I wish the best for your friend.

Old November 12th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
To those who have served, are serving, and will serve.

God bless those who have given some, and may he welcome home those who have given all.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General