Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old October 29th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
S1R_ART0R1US's custom obstacles Updated: 5/30

Hello, this is the first time I've ever tried anything like this. I made a tudor style house out of a tissue box, popsicle sticks, tape, cardboard, wire and some fancy scrapbooking paper.

The tissue box with roof.

The popsicle sticks, painted with a brown-waterwash.

Completed basic frame.

Door added (with sister's hands in the way)

Once I actually get some terrain , I'll put it on there and post pictures. It takes up 9 hexes. I also have a bridge I made with teekay's terrain pdfs, foam core board, tape and wire

ADDITION:
Here are some pictures of the house on terrain with Mr. Mittens.

The first bridge didn't turn out to well, so I made another one that's seven hexes long with popsicle sticks.

I started off laying down popsicle sticks over teekay's pdfs.

I then glued them together, set them on sticks I had laid on the base, let dry and tada. Here is another pic.

I also created a group of either spider eggs or dragon eggs, can't decide.
I found these wierd seed-type things walking my dog, so I took them, put some fake grass on a piece of cardboard and stuck the seed-things on there. I then put some steel wool over them to make it "web-like". I think it would be better if I painted the steel wool white. Anyway, here's some pics.

ADDITION 11/02/07: I read Raudulfr's Marro Bone Structure and tried to make one, but I didn't have any paint that I could use (and am too cheap to buy some), so I turned the Marro Bone Structure into a rock formation similar to Stonehedge, but more arched.

I painted them grey after a coat of flour/glue. I then filled the cracks with an oil pastel crayon thingy.

ADDITION 11/6/07: This is a pretty small update. I used a seven hex to represent the inside of the house I made and made a rug to go in it. I also made a table.

Here's a picture of the Sacred Band storming the house with their courageous leader, Marcus.

ADDITION 11/9/07: I started off today making a well out of some piping I had. I wrapped it in multiple layers of tape to try and give it some texture.

I then gave it multiple layers of paint.

After painting, I started on some LOTR figures I had gotten from Burger King as toys. I painted to resemble statues.

Here all all of the statues I painted, the well, and an additional table for my house interior.

ADDITION 11/10/07: After posting this idea in Jake Andy's customs thread, I decided to do it myself. I don't have the RotV Master Set, so I made these wooden fortifications to act as the ruins in RotV. I started by laying down bits of popsicle sticks on the tile and gluing them too foam board, with the correct spacing.

I then glued the frames of the walls to the base. (I ran out of popsicle sticks, and had already eaten all the lime bars , so I used some cardboard for one of them.

This is the backside of one of the barricades.

And the front...

I plan on painting them, but that probably won't be for another four days.

ADDITION 11/14/07: Right on time, I'm posting pictures of the painted walls. I also added some Spanish moss to the walls. I'm pretty happy with the way that these turned out.

Here's a picture of those weird seed pod things I found. Any suggestions on what to do with them would be appreciated.

ADDITION Thanksgiving: I made an additional wall with the moss on it.

I also painted the long bridge with light brown paint.

Also, I made a hanging cage with toothpicks, popsicle sticks, wire, foam, cardboard, nails, glue, and paint. I glued two sticks together, used popsicle stick scraps to make the support. I glued the toothpicks together to make the cage. I then stuck the painted frame in foam. I used short nails to affix the foam to the cardboard. I used the wire to attach the cage to the frame. I then glued all the moss to the base and let it dry.

Also, I'm starting a ruined wall I made out of foam. I still need to paint it.

UPDATE 12/8/07: I painted the ruin wall last night and also put some more LOS and movement blockers. Here is the painted wall.

Also in that picture is a tower I made. I haven't found out how high it is yet, but I will.
I finally used those wierd seed-pods things and just put them into a monster pile. It takes up three hexes.

I also made pit traps that fit pretty well with the swamp terrain following Hahma's pieces.

Addition 5/30/08: I am almost finished with two houses, which are much better than my first. I used thin foam from Micheals and carved stone patterns in it with a pencil.

I painted it black and then drybrushed gray over it.

I used faux fur to create the roof as well.

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; May 30th, 2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:07 PM

willwall54022 has disabled reputation
looks sweet, ncie job . It'd probably look weird on a map a random house unless of course you made more stuff to go with it but either way nice job.

Some people say sexy and some people say willwall54022
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM

Lord_Paul is surprisingly tart
Looks cool. Have you considered doing a "town battle" scenario? Those houses look like they'd be fun to use.

Making the world better, one post at a time.
Old October 29th, 2007, 08:03 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Great job. Looks very cool.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old October 29th, 2007, 08:15 PM

Renquist has disabled reputation
Huh. Beat me to it. I'd been pondering constructing houses for a town setup, using much the same process.
Old October 31st, 2007, 07:04 PM

willwall54022 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Paul
Looks cool. Have you considered doing a "town battle" scenario? Those houses look like they'd be fun to use.
i second that, that would be cool

Some people say sexy and some people say willwall54022
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:14 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwall54022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Paul
i second that, that would be cool
I haven't really considered doing that, but it might be fun. Also, I purposely positioned it so that there is one hex right in front of the door, so you could make an interior of the house. I am updating my post with new pictures (and new terrain) now.
Old November 6th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Under Taro's Banner

I was thinking about a scenario where one player has to rescue a 100-point or less hero from the house and complete some secondary goal(s), such as the Quests of Heroscape cards. Once the person rescues the hero, they join their team for the rest of the game. What do you think? Also, I got some more of those weird seed pods and I'm looking for some help on what to do with them.
Old November 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
That house looks great, but it would look good painted.

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old November 8th, 2007, 11:08 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: S1R_ART0R1US's custom obstacles/terrain Updated: 11/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US
ADDITION 11/02/07: I read Raudulfr's Marro Bone Structure and tried to make one, but I didn't have any paint that I could use (and am too cheap to buy some), so I turned the Marro Bone Structure into a rock formation similar to Stonehedge, but more arched.

I painted them grey after a coat of flour/glue. I then filled the cracks with an oil pastel crayon thingy.
Awesome! I'm flattered. Great work! Nice McGyver action as well.
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Under Taro's Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopesant
That house looks great, but it would look good painted.
I'll try to make another one or two with the paint. In elementary school I made a model of the San Jose Mission with a paint/sand mixture. It would probably work for this too. I just made some statues and a couple small things tonite and they should be up soon.
Old November 10th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Under Taro's Banner

Re: S1R_ART0R1US's custom obstacles/terrain Updated: 11/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Awesome! I'm flattered. Great work! Nice McGyver action as well.
I have spent a grand total of $0.00 on my customs. You seriously can make them out of anything. Just updates post with some new stuff.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles