Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 2nd, 2017, 11:05 AM

TechnoTreecko is surprisingly tart
Need Ideas for Four Balanced Armies

Hey guys,

I'm introducing the game to some friends tonight, but I want it to be quick and efficient, and I want them to enjoy it. Something I discovered recently with introducing it to some other friends is that it is rather intimidating creating your own army, and many people build a terrible army their first time playing. Does anyone have any lists I can use, or have recommendations for building four balanced armies that play well against each other? Even if I could just get help building half of the army for synergy and then they can build the other half, or something along those lines. Complete armies welcome too. I figured we'd do 500 point armies, or somewhere around there.
Old September 2nd, 2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Need Ideas for Four Balanced Armies

I always liked Nilfheim and Braxas as a starter army. Fun, easy and they look cool.

Check out Mmrig's thread.
Old September 2nd, 2017, 11:41 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Providing your friends with pre-made armies is your best bet, army building can be quite a challenge for a newbie. Give them a chance to learn the basics, and if they get hooked then you can teach them the intricacies. How big of a collection do you have to work with?
Old September 2nd, 2017, 12:12 PM

TechnoTreecko is surprisingly tart

I have ROTVx2, SOTMx2, and lots of odds and ends (I don't even remember what's what, elf wizards, anubian wolves, etc - I'm fairly new to the game myself). If I could make four half-armies out of the base sets and then fill in the rest it would be good I'm sure.
Old September 2nd, 2017, 01:35 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Here's a few ideas:

stingers x2 - 120
nagrubs x2 - 60
tor-kul-na - 220
syvarris - 100
500 points

mimring - 150
finn - 80
thorgrimm - 80
tarn vikings - 50
ne-gok-sa - 90
marro wariors - 50
500 points

krav maga - 100
airborne - 110
grimnak - 120
izumi -60
sgt drake (RotV) - 110
500 points

major Q10 - 150
drudge x2 - 100
agent carr - 100
raelin (RotV) - 80
zettian guards - 70
500 points
Old September 2nd, 2017, 02:41 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

For introducing it, I'd go with smaller armies. I tend to go in the 250-400pt range. (You can play more games, remember!)

I also try to put one big impressive hero in each army and at least one squad. And also at one melee unit and at least one ranged one. Don't worry too much about exact point totals or competitive balance of armies in experienced hands; that's not going to be a problem. One possible exception to this is that you might want to give yourself a weaker army if you're more experienced.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion