Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 30th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Knockback Optional Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post

Quote:
Actually, this is incorrect. From the Knockback Rulebook: "Ignore all special terrain rules except when it would wound or destroy a figure" - so a figure being knocked back would not be stopped by water, and would not for example, have to halve its movement over heavy snow or slippery ice.
Since stopping could potentially wound the figure, figures do have to stop in water and are then subject to damage, as per the bolded part. This was ruled on just a few pages back.
Man that's a weird ruling. I always assumed the whole purpose of that wording was to prevent that beacause it wouldn't be thematic. Hmm... think this may be another job for Captain Houserule!
I guess some people read it like:

"Lava can wound figures, water cannot, so Ignore water's effect."

Where others:

"Stopping in water can cause a Knockback wound, so don't ignore stoping in water"

Quote:
Actually, this is incorrect. From the Knockback Rulebook: "Ignore all special terrain rules except when it would wound or destroy a figure" - so a figure being knocked back would not be stopped by water, and would not for example, have to halve its movement over heavy snow or slippery ice.
Now when you look at the Bolded part, it is actually conditional on the italics. In a strict reading of the working, it is the Knockback rule that is causing the wound, not the water's special terrain rule, so you should ignore the water's specail rule that requires a figure to stop in water.
Pretty much, yes.

On the theme aspect of stopping or not stopping in Water... arguments can be made for either side of the knockback figure being slammed against the water or skipping across the lake. Both seem cool to me, and would offer different mechanical results "in game", creating unique stories. So there ya go. Either change the rule, keep the rule, or make your own house rule. Whichever way you go, will be fun, as long as you don't inadvertently break any other rules in the process - and that would be my fear, that after all the rules and powers created up to this point, changing something like Knockback for the mere sake of theme, may cause other potential issues that are not foreseeable.
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
After all the rules and powers created up to this point, changing something like Knockback for the mere sake of theme, may cause other potential issues that are not currently foreseeable.
I just wanted to emphasis that. While I'm not involved enough to think this all through (considering every rule and special ability), I would hope that anyone picketing for a change will do their due diligence.
Old December 30th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
After all the rules and powers created up to this point, changing something like Knockback for the mere sake of theme, may cause other potential issues that are not currently foreseeable.
I just wanted to emphasis that. While I'm not involved enough to think this all through (considering every rule and special ability), I would hope that anyone picketing for a change will do their due diligence.
At this point, I think it only comes down to an "official" or generally accepted ruling in the FAQ. I'm not looking for change, just somewhere to point to when one of my friends is playing and want clarification on the rules.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure which interpretation is in line with the expected way to play with this rule set.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library