Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old April 28th, 2016, 02:33 AM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker
Crossing the D&D and MTG Streams Officially!

In an interesting bit of brand extension and reuse of asset, MTG is exploring the potential of D&D MTG:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...kar-2016-04-27

I think this is right in line with AOTP and full of potential. I know there have been at least 2 full blown attempts to rpg-ify MTG that were poopcanned in the 11th hour, so this feels like a good baby step to cross both properties. In a fun way!
Old April 28th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Crossing the D&D and MTG Streams Officially!

Yeah, it's interesting, particularly since they said for years they wanted to keep those brands entirely separate. I'd definitely buy some MtG setting books - their worldbuilding is always top notch.

Interesting, in retrospect, that Heroscape has been reformatted for both of those properties in the past. Wizards definitely seems to be doubling down on the breadwinners over the past few years.
Old April 28th, 2016, 10:32 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Whoa...

I once ran a D&D campaign themed after Zendikar, but there were a lot of plot holes, mostly due to a lack of information. Hopefully this could fix that. Zendikar and Mirrodin (Phyrexianized or not) would be my favorite settings. If they do release this stuff, I really want to run a campaign of it.

Mostly because I really want to fight an Eldrazi or a Praetor... And lose horribly.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old April 28th, 2016, 03:41 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Whoa...

I once ran a D&D campaign themed after Zendikar, but there were a lot of plot holes, mostly due to a lack of information. Hopefully this could fix that. Zendikar and Mirrodin (Phyrexianized or not) would be my favorite settings. If they do release this stuff, I really want to run a campaign of it.

Mostly because I really want to fight an Eldrazi or a Praetor... And lose horribly.
Using Heroscape terrain and figures!! It's a Tri-fecta!
Old April 28th, 2016, 06:55 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Whoa...

Using Heroscape terrain and figures!! It's a Tri-fecta!
Well, I do use the figures, but the terrain takes too long to set up a wilderness setting. For a dungeon, in could work quite well.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old May 26th, 2016, 04:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is a pretty cool idea.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games