Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 20th, 2012, 04:39 AM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Got to play my first 3 games of YOMI tonight and I got thrashed in each one of them. YOMI is a Street Fighter type card game in which you pick a fighter then play his deck against the other person and their fighter. You have attacks, dodges, throws, and blocks and you can string some pretty neat combos together. It really comes down to a Paper, Rock, Scissors type of formula but it is alot of fun and plays very fast.

We also got in a game of Summoner Wars in which I got my first look at the Master Set. My buddy took the Cloakes and I played the Swamp Orcs which I had never played before. He started first and whiffed on his first set of attacks. I responded by killing 3 of his common units on my first turn and I was off to the races. A few of those Vine Walls and it was all she wrote as I finsished off his summoner in about 5 turns. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed Summoner Wars and will have to try harder to get it to the table.

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah Summoner Wars is great fun Omahavice Heck, this past Monday night I played it twice and while the first game was pretty close, the second game came down to the Tundra Orc Summoner vs. my Sand Goblin Summoner and each had wounds already. The Tundra Orc Summoner ended up winning with 1 life left! Doesn't get any closer than that

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:09 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Fortune and Glory x3 last night.

Trying to get this to the table more to learn the game play. We tried the optional rule to include the vile organization in the competitive game as you would in the co-op. I liked the idea because with only 2 people playing, the board seemed a little empty.

But the Mob crushed us both times and I think 2 players is too few to include the organization as another entity, especially when you're including all 3 villians, which I shouldn't have.

Then, for our third game, we played 1 vs. 1 without the organization and Moreu, the French scoundrel (their words, not mine) with the eyepatch, cruised to an easy victory over my wife's Duke Dudley.

Hooray for evil!

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old January 20th, 2012, 12:06 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

1x Rattus
nyys introduced this to me when it was first released. Finally got around to picking up my own copy and essentially relearn it. I won 13 to 9. I can see this getting more table time because its so quick to play.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:25 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Finally broke down and bought LotR LCG from Fantasy Flight and tried my first two games playing as two players by myself. It was a lot of fun. Took me a little while to get into the groove of things but I have a pretty good handle on the game now and am looking forward to playing the harder scenarios either by myself or with more people. I'm not really interested in deck building and I won't be buying more core sets. I might get some other sets just to have some more scenarios but we'll see.

I beat the first mission twice in a row, the first one I didn't have to kill Ungoliant's Spawn at the end and it was pretty easy, but the second one I decided to just pick the quest to kill the spawn and it was much harder (even lost a hero), but still won.
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Speaking of Rattus... I just placed an order from Auggies a couple days ago, and one of the Pathfinder minis I ordered is going to be used to replace the black pawn in Rattus: The Dire Rat!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:57 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Nice! We replaced the plague thingy that came with the game right away with a Grim Reaper mini.

-insert signature here-
Old January 21st, 2012, 11:38 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We had 8 players at my house today. We got in a game of Shadows over Camelot where the traitors won, 3 games of Resistance where the spies one twice, a game of Eldersigns, a game of 7 Wonders, and 3 games of Bang! It was a great time and I am looking forward to doing it again!
Old January 21st, 2012, 11:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

After losing to the fiance a week ago by similar margins, I redeemed myself in Ticket to Ride: Europe with back-to-back wins 135-101 and 146-111.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:12 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played an intense game of Dots after my math final yesterday. I won 41-39. It was an epic game, the last few turns were full of strategizing.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
We had 8 players at my house today. We got in a game of Shadows over Camelot where the traitors won, 3 games of Resistance where the spies one twice, a game of Eldersigns, a game of 7 Wonders, and 3 games of Bang! It was a great time and I am looking forward to doing it again!

Sounds fun Super Bogue. I played Shadows Over Camelot once and enjoyed it, though we didn't play with in that game, there were only 3 of us playing. I've played Resistance a few times, it's ok as a quick game with a bunch of people. Love 7 Wonders.

Today since the Scape tournament my nephew and I were going to got cancelled due to the weather, we played a game of Summoner Wars, Lord Of The Rings: The card game and a game of Cave Troll. Good fun for sure!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:54 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Last night I started a new AD&D campaign via video conference with some old friends from HS...had a blast and cant wait for our next session.

Today's snow eliminated us from going to Game Day at Taeblewalkers But we did get to play Arkham Horror with the Kinsgsport Expansion...we won!!!...then we played Ygddrassil twice...and lost both games but still had a great time

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games