Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 1st, 2011, 06:07 PM
C3V art MACHINE

doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun
Doe138's Customs: Nyk and Brakk added

First off, thanks to everyone who helped me get these started and viewed them before I decided to post them here. I'm looking for everyone's critiques on these. Thanks in advance for checking them out.

Argent Jax
A Mariedian hero who fights for Aquilla.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...73&postcount=2

El Hijo del Tres Manos
A Mexican luchador who wrestles for Jandar.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...76&postcount=3

Whipcord
A Warforged ranged unit that fights for Vydar.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...55&postcount=4

John McCreech
The great great grandson of Guilty McCreech (and a much better lawman) who fights for Einar.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...98#post1484698

Proud Bear
A Native American shaman who fights for Aquilla.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...24#post1491024

Alastair McDougall
An unsporting great white hunter who kills for Utgar.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...69#post1491069

Commander Valery Sestero
An undead cosmonaut who haunts Valhalla for Utgar.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...31#post1492531

Saggital
A werewolf/Doggin hybrid bred in the labs of Vydar.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...56#post1493156

Arcana
A Warforged artificer who is fights for Vydar.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...84#post1497984

Teutonic
A Warforged cleric who is part of Vydar's army.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...53#post1511453

Nyk and Brakk
A rogue/chaosgrinder team who battle for Aquilla.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...6&postcount=54

Agent Bulwar
A conflicted vampire agent who works for Vydar.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...0&postcount=68

Last edited by doe138; April 11th, 2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:09 PM
C3V art MACHINE

doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Doe138's Customs

Argent Jax
Figure: Horrorclix: The Lab figure 88 - Valerie Elle

Argent Jax is my take on the next round of Mariedians. I see them operating as small cells against the Soulborg. If we follow that line of logic, they'd need someone to get them in and out of trouble. Hence, Argent Jax.

As for her name, my thought is that Jax is a heroic/legendary Mariedian name, as she shares it with Kira Jax. Or maybe they are sisters. Who can say?

I basically wanted someone fast that could ride in, drop off units, help if they are in a pinch and ride back to get out of the way of danger.

Let me know what you think!
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:16 PM
C3V art MACHINE

Re: Doe138's Customs: Argent Jax and Tres Manos added

El Hijo de Tres Manos ("The Son of Three Hands")
Figure: Horrorclix Nightmares figure 6 - Luchador

I love lucha and HeroScape, so why not combine them? I like the thought of a devout Catholic luchador, much like the Knights Templar, battling Utgar's troops. It's silly, but then again, this is a game that has cowboys, angels, drows...

The goal with "Three Hands" was to create a unit that could lock up heavy hitters and deal some damage in return. He probably won't make it to the end of a game, but as they say, "You should see the other guy."
Old August 3rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
C3V art MACHINE

Re: Doe138's Customs: Whipcord added

Whipcord
Figure: Dungeons and Dragons: Dungeon of Dread 48 - Warforged Infiltrator

I love the Warforged and wanted to add to their ranks. Luckily, there have been several in the D&D miniatures line. I gave Whipcord, named for part of a crossbow, Warforged Resolve (I think they should all get this), as well as Cover Fire from Agent Skahen. I'm at a loss to a better name for this power and am taking suggestions. His other power, In My Sights, uses other Warforged units to help him set up more damage to his shots. There's a potential of 7 Attack dice here. I'm also up to suggestions if others think I should lower his attack.

I gave him the Warrior class and a Loyal personality, as Warforged tend to get attached to people.

Let me know what you think!
Old August 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM

an0riginal Woo who?

Whipcord is really awesome. I really like the warforged species and I think he adds a lot of playability to warforged squads. As for points I think he is a little low but I am not very good at determining points.
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:46 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I like Whipcord as well. He seems very thematic- nice job with that.

The only suggestion I might offer is to set a cap on the number of additional dice he can roll with In My Sights.

With multiple squads of Warforged Soldiers there is actually potential for 6 additional attack dice for an attack of 10 against single spaced figures and up to 8 additional attack dice for an attack of 12 against double spaced figs

Granted, those are best case scenarios that most likely won't happen but you can see what I mean.

Also, you might want to change the wording to "every friendly Warforged figure"

Again, I really do like Whipcord. Just my
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:06 AM
C3V art MACHINE

Thank you so much for your help.

How does this sound?

When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die (with a maximum of 3) for every friendly Warforged figure that is adjacent to the defending figure.
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by doe138 View Post
Thank you so much for your help.

How does this sound?

When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die (with a maximum of 3) for every friendly Warforged figure you control that is adjacent to the defending figure to a maximum of 3 additional attack dice.
I think that's a little more official.

Nice job on Whipcord.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 18th, 2011, 05:26 PM
C3V art MACHINE

Thanks for the help with Whipcord. Here he is with changes:

-------------------------------------------------------------
My customs! http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37164
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

It still seems a little low cost for the extra dice, and cover fire can help him set up the attack. I like him, but I think he might be a tad powerful - situationally.
I would increase his Move to 5, then cap his attack to 1, like the Omnicrons Repulsors. Then maybe even bring his cost down a bit.
A cap of 2 might make him ideal as is.

But playtesting would tell the full story.

Old August 18th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Argent Jax:
I like the changes you've made since I last saw her. First thing to note, you spelled Mariedian wrong both times in EMP Pulse Activated. Also, I'd word it something like this:
When Argent Jax is adjacent to one or more friendly Mariedians, Argent Jax, and all friendly Mariedians adjacent to her, roll 1 additional attack and defense die when attacking or defending against a Soulborg.
El Hijo De Tres Manos:
The new wording sounds a lot better. I like him.

Whipcord:
I really like what you have for this guy. Nice theme and I like how he works with the other Warforged. I am thinking you'll either need to lower his attack at least one or raise his points some. A couple of edits: first, with In My Sights, I'd make these changes:
When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die for every friendly* Warforged figure you control* that is adjacent to the defending figure, up to a maximum of 3 additional attack dice.
*: You don't need "friendly" and "you control", not sure which one you want.

Second, you should also (which I think you mentioned) use a different name for Cover Fire, though I'm not sure what (Warforged Cover Fire?).

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old August 18th, 2011, 07:43 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Whipcord is shaping up quite nicely, doe138.
The only thing I have to say is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
It still seems a little low cost for the extra dice, and cover fire can help him set up the attack. I like him, but I think he might be a tad powerful - situationally.
I would increase his Move to 5, then cap his attack to 1, like the Omnicrons Repulsors. Then maybe even bring his cost down a bit.
A cap of 2 might make him ideal as is.

But playtesting would tell the full story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Argent Jax:
I like the changes you've made since I last saw her. First thing to note, you spelled Mariedian wrong both times in EMP Pulse Activated. Also, I'd word it something like this:
When Argent Jax is adjacent to one or more friendly Mariedians, Argent Jax, and all friendly Mariedians adjacent to her, roll 1 additional attack and defense die when attacking or defending against a Soulborg.
El Hijo De Tres Manos:
The new wording sounds a lot better. I like him.

Whipcord:
I really like what you have for this guy. Nice theme and I like how he works with the other Warforged. I am thinking you'll either need to lower his attack at least one or raise his points some. A couple of edits: first, with In My Sights, I'd make these changes:
When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die for every friendly* Warforged figure you control* that is adjacent to the defending figure, up to a maximum of 3 additional attack dice.
*: You don't need "friendly" and "you control", not sure which one you want.

Second, you should also (which I think you mentioned) use a different name for Cover Fire, though I'm not sure what (Warforged Cover Fire?).
...what they said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards