Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old September 16th, 2011, 09:54 PM

Demon_Pyro is surprisingly tart
Demon Pyro's Customs

Hello everyone! Here are some customs I've made, some using tutorials from this site and others from my own mind! Enjoy!

This is a "Lincoln Logs" tepee that I repainted to look cooler... Fits well on a 7 hex piece.

This is a little shack that I made by gluing some "Megabloks Dragons" pieces to a 5 hex cardboard base. There is room for 1 figure about as tall as Syvarris inside.

These trees were made by carving some chunks of floral foam into ovaloid shapes, stabbing them randomly with a Philips head screw driver to create the illusion of leaves, painting them with "Delta Creative" brand ceramcoat: wedgewood green,dabbing randomly with a darker green, and finally gluing them to a couple of "Megabloks Dragons" tree trunks which were mounted on two 1 hex pieces.

Don't touch that dial! More to come soon!
Old September 17th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Re: Demon Pyro's Customs

Well, here's the rest of my customs...

Just-so-you-know, the lava and lava field are some extra water and grass tiles that I repainted. I'm not a big fan of painting and flocking tiles, but I did use Ren's rushing water tutorial on my water, lava, and swamp water, and I must say, I like the outcome!

That's all for now.

Last edited by Demon_Pyro; September 20th, 2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:33 PM

heavyfishcannon Woo who?

In all, not a bad start. (better than mine, I havent tried anything yet...) Although I think some of the of the stuff (the imaginext tower and the megablock ruins) might need a repaint, an a mini for scale.

P.S I hope this came off as more constructive criticisim than mean, because I meant it to be constructive. .
Old September 17th, 2011, 10:26 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice start here DPyro. Great use of pieces from other toys. I have a toy tree I repainted and put on a balsa wood base to use on some of my maps
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Red face Re: Demon Pyro's Customs

Thanks heavyfishcannon, I will try re-uploading with figs for scale when I get a chance and I agree they do need a repaint... Whats your opinion on mounting the bonsai tree on a 3 hex swamp piece? I can flock the edges, but I'm not a big flocking fan unless it's done right (being me it probably won't turn out right though).

P.S. No it didn't sound mean.

Last edited by Demon_Pyro; September 20th, 2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:12 PM

sir william the bold is surprisingly tart

I like the mega bolcks custom! I had that set, but I sold it (to buy more scape) looks like ishould have held onto it! Good work here!

Check out my custom terrain.
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM

Son of Osiris costs too much!

Preety cool lava. I wish I had tried that thing with the arches, beacuse I had it... then I sold it

"My Lord, what fools these mortals be!" Shakespeare
Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:37 AM

Thanks you guys! I will try to get some pics with minis for scale up asap, but I'm camping this weekend so you might have to wait a little while...
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:14 PM

First of all I'd just like to say its good to be back on the site. Ive missed you guys. Secondly I'd like to issue a sincere apology for the low quality of my previously posted customs. I know the other terrain makers on this site set a high standard and I regret to admit that I was just posting for the sake of posting. On that note please enjoy some terrain pieces I'm actually proud of, my homemade jungle brush.

Old May 14th, 2013, 11:32 PM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

Good stuff. Can you give us an idea of how you made them? I don't really have a lot of time to make custom stuff, I keep contemplating whether to try and make some Ticalla Jungle stuff or just shell out the dollars and be done with it.
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:46 PM

It was fairly easy, head on over to your local walmart and grab yourself some plastic aquarium plants, hot glue them to a grass hex and voila!
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM

ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker

Your jungle plants look quite nice. I'll have to make a trip to the aquarium plants section of Wal-Mart next time I go. My one set of Ticalla Jungle doesn't flesh out the board all that well.

Nice job!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles