Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Hold the Phone!!

I was looking through the RotV rule book to find a rule for someone and I came across this:

Quote:
EXAMPLE 17: An Attack
One of your Marro Warriors attacks Syvarris. You roll 2 attack dice.
Syvarris has a minor height advantage, so he adds one die to his Defense
number. Your opponent rolls 3 defense dice.

You roll two skulls; Syvarris rolls no shields.

Syvarris takes two wounds. Place two Wound Markers on Syvarris'
Army Card.
Ok. I have always played where your roll your attack dice, the opponent rolls his defense. If you roll more skulls then he does shields, you score a hit. Meaning one single hit regardless of how many skulls you roll. Are you telling me that If a roll 4 skulls an my opponent rolls 1 shield, that my extra 3 skulls ALL get a hit, scoring me 3 hits on that one turn? It sure sounds like that is what the above quote is saying. And if so, I have been playing way wrong this whole time.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Re: Hold the Phone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
I was looking through the RotV rule book to find a rule for someone and I came across this:

Quote:
EXAMPLE 17: An Attack
One of your Marro Warriors attacks Syvarris. You roll 2 attack dice.
Syvarris has a minor height advantage, so he adds one die to his Defense
number. Your opponent rolls 3 defense dice.

You roll two skulls; Syvarris rolls no shields.

Syvarris takes two wounds. Place two Wound Markers on Syvarris'
Army Card.
Ok. I have always played where your roll your attack dice, the opponent rolls his defense. If you roll more skulls then he does shields, you score a hit. Meaning one single hit regardless of how many skulls you roll. Are you telling me that If a roll 4 skulls an my opponent rolls 1 shield, that my extra 3 skulls ALL get a hit, scoring me 3 hits on that one turn? It sure sounds like that is what the above quote is saying. And if so, I have been playing way wrong this whole time.
yeah... you read it right.
I did the same darn thing a few years ago when I started playing.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Yep. This is why a squad of Deathreavers or Knights of Weston take longer to kill than your average Viking Champion. I'd love to play Krug your way.

Wait, no I wouldn't, because he couldn't one-shot heroes any more. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 2nd, 2008, 03:58 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hold the Phone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
yeah... you read it right.
I did the same darn thing a few years ago when I started playing.
Wow! What a dufus I am. But there is something I still don't understand. What about those units that have the special ability of "All extra skulls count as unblockable hits"? If all units extra skulls count as hits, then how is the above quoted any different, or "special"?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Counterstrike is the only ability that reads that way to my knowledge, and it refers specifically to shields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM

Daddio is surprisingly tart
Not sure about that one. But I DO know that some guys, like Samurai, have extra SHIELDS as unblockable return hits on the attacker.

"I think you like buying HeroScape stuff more than you like actually playing HeroScape." -Mommio-

Daddio's Random Comments (customs page)
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Jexik is correct; that verbiage only exists on counterstrike.

The Minions and Snipers double their skulls but it is worded funny as counting as one additional hit.

There are currently no units that have the verbiage all extra skulls count as unblockable hits. Deathstalkers specify if all skulls rolled then no defense dice can be rolled, but that is about the closest thing.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Counterstrike is the only ability that reads that way to my knowledge, and it refers specifically to shields.
Minions of Utgar

Deadly Strike
All skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:10 PM

pomme has disabled reputation
Essentially, you double the skull count.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:12 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Minions of Utgar

Deadly Strike
Yes, additional, not unblockable. Those 2 units double their skulls; they do not receive auto hits.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Quote:
Quote:
Minions of Utgar

Deadly Strike
Yes, additional, not unblockable. Those 2 units double their skulls; they do not receive auto hits.
Ahh. Thank you R˙chean. I didn't mean to make you repeat yourself. We must have been posting at the same time when I mentioned the Minions. Wow! This really changes things. Thank you everyone for your answers. I'm still missing basic stuff here.

Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:30 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Quote:
Quote:
Minions of Utgar

Deadly Strike
Ahh. Thank you R˙chean. I didn't mean to make you repeat yourself. We must have been posting at the same time when I mentioned the Minions. Wow! This really changes things. Thank you everyone for your answers. I'm still missing basic stuff here.
A long time ago, on a web site far, far away, I remember several people saying that they play according to house rules that state the maximum number of wounds a figure may take from any single attack is one. I can't imagine playing that way.

I guess a couple things will happen in your games, now. First, squads suddenly become a little more attractive, and two, your games just got a little bit shorter!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion