Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 4th, 2008, 03:03 PM

Supa is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
More undead please?

I was looking over Soul Shackle's strategy threads and took note of his indexes of elves, orcs and the like. What I came to realize is that Heroscape is kind of lacking in the undead department.

Sure, we have the Esenweins, zombies and shades, but I think that about covers it (I'm new to the game, but I've spent quite some time already looking over the power rankings, so correct me if I'm wrong). And no range to speak of.

I only say this because Undead has always been my favorite theme in fantasy settings (although I've never been really into zombie movies... odd).

Anyway, discuss and educate me.

Last edited by Supa; June 4th, 2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Added an apostraphe and removed double "new"
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: More undead please?

This thread is probably what you are looking for:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15696

I think we can always use more undead but in due time. There are so many other things I would want to see first.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; June 4th, 2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

First off, welcome Supa!

I disagree with you, though. Undead have all 4 vampires, retches also kinda fall in that catagory, Sudema (Modussa), Shades, and Zombies. The only thing more that I want for them would be those mentioned Skeleton Cavalry (not a definate though). But to me, Pirates and Indians come way before more undead. I think the Undead team is pretty solid and has a good amount of figures.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM

Supa is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks for the reference, rob. And thanks for the welcome, Cleon. This place has been a great welcome mat to the game (which I originally bought for my little brother and then fell for, *ahem*).

I guess I just want more *better* Undead units. Sudema isn't much to brag about, but I love the zombies and the Esenweins. It's just hard to field an all undead army with no range to speak of.

But, you're right that other stuff should come first. I also am a fan of pirates, so that would make me happy too.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:52 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation

Welcome supa!

I think that more undead would be nice, but this game needs more variety first.

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)

Last edited by JANDAR88; June 4th, 2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
Thanks for the reference, rob. And thanks for the welcome, Cleon. This place has been a great welcome mat to the game (which I originally bought for my little brother and then fell for, *ahem*).

I guess I just want more *better* Undead units. Sudema isn't much to brag about, but I love the zombies and the Esenweins. It's just hard to field an all undead army with no range to speak of.

But, you're right that other stuff should come first. I also am a fan of pirates, so that would make me happy too.
Or Undead Pirates
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprien's Bio
Sometimes it is difficult to perceive the difference between good and evil. This is not the case with Cyprien Esenwein. He is pure evil.

On Feylund, his undead army of vampires, zombies and skeletons controls most of Annellintia and all of Morindan. He favors his Skeleton Cavalry for their speed and resilience. He fights with his vampires, often indistinguishable from the rest of the army.

On Valhalla, Utgar has given much authority to Cyprien. His pure evil nature and lust for power has impressed Utgar. Cyprien fights alongside his army and leads by example, taking on the opposing armies’ greatest champion. Often, the opposing champion is cold and dead before he realizes what has happened. With each fallen champion Cyprien grows stronger. Cyprien is feared by all; even Drake has felt his chilling touch. To make matters worse, Cyprien has begun drinking the waters of the wellsprings, and he has received visions of his undead army. He believes eventually a portal will open and his entire army will join him on Valhalla. The combined attack of a huge Marro army and Cyprien’s army would bring certain doom to any opposition.
Unless this was all a tease... I think we have quite of bit of Undead goodness coming.
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

How many undead do you need! Geez.
We got plenty,all we need is skeletons and we are good.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:24 PM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think we have quite of bit of Undead goodness coming.
Well, when you phrase it like that, how can we not be excited. Nothing like some good old fashioned "Undead Goodness" I'm hoping, as others have mentioned, that with WotC now on the scene; that perhaps, we will see some conversion of regular DnD stuff. Tons of undead baddies there that I'd like to have come across. Like the Ravencroft material as someone else mentioned earlier. Oooooo, that would be sooooo good. Those ninjas wouldn't know what whooped them.

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armydillo978 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think we have quite of bit of Undead goodness coming.
Well, when you phrase it like that, how can we not be excited. Nothing like some good old fashioned "Undead Goodness" I'm hoping, as others have mentioned, that with WotC now on the scene; that perhaps, we will see some conversion of regular DnD stuff. Tons of undead baddies there that I'd like to have come across. Like the Ravencroft material as someone else mentioned earlier. Oooooo, that would be sooooo good. Those ninjas wouldn't know what whooped them.
I hope that, as they have stated, WotC keeps the Universes seperate. I don't need Strahd in Valhalla, I have Cyprien
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I hope that, as they have stated, WotC keeps the Universes seperate. I don't need Strahd in Valhalla, I have Cyprien
/sign

I like Scape because it's Scape, not D&D. While D&D has some wicked things it should stay within it's own domain in my opinion.

Old June 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Lets see what we have so far in the way of Undead-

Vampires - Check

Werewolves* - Check

Zombies - Check

Gargoyles* - Check

Ghosts - Check

Demons* - Check

Mummies - Semi Check, We need more of them

Skeletons - Nope

Range in general - Nope

Skeleton Crossbowmen perhaps? Since they wield Crossbows they'd be powerful at lon range, but since they're skeletons, they'd have crap defence.

*Not really undead, but fit with the Horror theme.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion