Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon 2012 Results

Actually, my dad got second in Fog of War, going 3-0-1, but there was an error in data entry that put him down at 2-1-1.

In the Main Event, I went 3-2 with Romans. I was one win away (coulda got it if I hadn't gotten beaten on time) and two strength of schedule points out (my last 3 opponents made day 2, but my first 2 went 0-2 and dropped after that. I guess I've learned that I'll never turtle anyone and I'll never drop an event. Maybe I'll do better next year.

My dad went 2-3 with Deathchasers, but it sounded like he gave up after he started 1-2. I'm not sure exactly how his games went down though.
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

jacob_jp is Jacob Pong. He is running is Phantom Knights x 3, Isamu, Raelin, Q10. Like others said I'm with Blasts x 2, Glads x 3, Raelin. I'm short ten points on my army simply because I couldn't find an Isamu and I've already got a difficult enough challenge today anyway.

Grenade lobbyist
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:20 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I've found that in reverse the whip, facing your own isuma is the kiss of death. You are better off being 10 points short. Ask filthy, he can attest to this.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the info everyone, I'll finish cleaning this up in a few hours.
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I was the other 5-0 army with 4th Mass x 6. Can't wait to get utterly destroyed on Day 2!
Congrats tom! Uh, I guess...
Old August 18th, 2012, 10:45 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I am surprised at how strong of armies went considering the reverse the whip format. Is the thought "I just wanna make day 2 and realize if have no chance of winning?" idk, if i traveled all that way I'd be putting in an army I can win the whole thing with.

Concsidering in our online league, we always have the championship in the reverse the whip format and people have been putting in less powerful armies. ( we have 2-3 matches before you reverse for the finals)

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 18th, 2012, 11:04 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Championship Day 1
1. Deroche 5-0 (3x Glads, 2x Blasts, Raelin, Otonashi)
2. tom 5-0 (6x 4th Mass)
3. Pickle4192
4. Hendal? 4-1 (6x Stingers, Raelin)
5. 4-1
6. Hendal? 4-1 (6x Stingers, Raelin)
6. Mattstertruckrally 4-1 (3x Glads, 2x Blasts, Raelin)
8. EternalThanos86 4-1 (5x Death Chasers of Thesk, Nerak, Kaemon Awa)
9. nicktheant 4-1
9. 4-1
11. jacob j p 4-1 (3x Phantom Knights, Isamu, Raelin, Major Q10)
12. orcelfarmyone 4-1 (3x Greenscales, Nilfheim, Raelin)
13. infectedsloth 3-1-1 (Fen Hydra, 4x Phantom Knights, Marro Warriors)
14. George, orcelfarmyone's dad 3-1-1 (4x Deathchasers, Ogre Pulverizer, Raelin, Nerak, Marcu)
15. sixthflagbearer 3-2 (5x Dividers, Major Q9, Marcu)
16. 3-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
I had Marcu as my filler. My dad took a picture of the top 16, but I don't know names-heroscapers. Here is 1-16:

1. G. Berg 5-0
2. T. Lynch 5-0 Hendel
3. M. Pickle 5-0 Pickle4192
4. T. Boylan 4-1
5. G. Tobias 4-1
6. T. Barnes 4-1
6. M. Schaub 4-1 Mattstertruckrally
8. E. Lashbrk 4-1 Eternalthanos86
9. N. Elder 4-1 nicktheant
9. J. Rathman 4-1
11. J. Pong 4-1
12. M. Schober 4-1
13. N. Ash 3-1-1
14. G. Schober 3-1-1
15. L. Peterson (woo-hoo!) 3-2
16. T. Whited 3-2

That I the list. Same spellings as were on the board, so hopefully spelling is correct. I know that Mattstertruckrally was running Glads, blasts, and Raelin (because I lost to them).
Hendal is T. Boylan so Hendal is in the 4th spot.

T.Barnes is most likely cornpuff. Last name and first initial is a match anyway and I know he is at the con. That would be the first 6th spot.

Looking at some results from last year, pretty sure J. Rathman is necroblade which is the second 9th spot.

Also based on some results from last year, looks like T. Whited is probably Rollitontop, the 16th spot.

I got nothing on the 5th spot, G. Tobias, but the name sounds so familiar....I'm still looking to see if I can match him up. EDIT - found it! G Tobias is pitboss648

So I updated the list:

1. Deroche 5-0 (3x Glads, 2x Blasts, Raelin, Otonashi)
2. tom 5-0 (6x 4th Mass)
3. Pickle4192 4-1 ?
4. Hendal 4-1 (6x Stingers, Raelin)
5. pitboss648 4-1
6. cornpuff 4-1
6. Mattstertruckrally 4-1 (3x Glads, 2x Blasts, Raelin)
8. EternalThanos86 4-1 (5x Death Chasers of Thesk, Nerak, Kaemon Awa)
9. nicktheant 4-1
9. Necroblade 4-1
11. jacob j p 4-1 (3x Phantom Knights, Isamu, Raelin, Major Q10)
12. orcelfarmyone 4-1 (3x Greenscales, Nilfheim, Raelin)
13. infectedsloth 3-1-1 (Fen Hydra, 4x Phantom Knights, Marro Warriors)
14. George, orcelfarmyone's dad 3-1-1 (4x Deathchasers, Ogre Pulverizer, Raelin, Nerak, Marcu)
15. sixthflagbearer 3-2 (5x Dividers, Major Q9, Marcu)
16. Rollitontop 3-2

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 18th, 2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: too many Ts!!!
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Nicely done on finally making day 2 Tom!

Bring the championship home to MARS!!!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 18th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks all for getting what results you have posted here. It'll be nice to get the full results and see what armies, and how close some of the favorites were to day two. No lonewolf, dok, MM, scaper-dude, etc, etc in the top 16. Of course, there are other usual suspects that did make it.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 18th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Matthias was expected to fail though, considering he's more focused on the Dragon Dice World Championship.
Old August 18th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Matthias was expected to fail though, considering he's more focused on the Dragon Dice World Championship.
Yeah, I knew that, but I still didn't count him out. He said the army he was playing was one he's played before, and that it could catch some people off-guard. I don't know what he ultimately played, but he's certainly a capable player so (as is often the case with Heroscape), given the right match-ups he might have been able to make it happen. Can't wait to see just how "sucky" of an army he decided on!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 18th, 2012, 06:18 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Deroche 5-0?! Way to go!!! (Although tomorrow might be a long day. )

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con