Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 25th, 2008, 01:17 PM

omen20154 is surprisingly tart
Height Advantage Issues

Does anyone else other than myself think its a little cheesy that you get a +1 attack bonus for the base of your char. being taller than the base of your opponents char. Why should a death reaver ( height of 2) standing on a base with a height of 1, (total height = 3), have a height advantage against Junto (height of 12) who is one level below them. They would only be biting his knees at best!!!

I have lost my 1st edition rule book, but didn't the rule used to be that the base of your character had to be at or above the hight of the opposing character in order to get a height advantage bonus. Or am I just remembering wrong?

I know that they have amended the rules in the 2nd edition rule book. I was just curious if anyone else was annoyed with that rule. Mabe it will be changed in the 3rd addition.

Last edited by omen20154; July 26th, 2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Because Rev took issue at discussing the hight figures (look it up)
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hight Advantage Issues

Height Advantage is above the targets base...

Extreme-Height Advantage is 10 levels above the targets height, only applies to range and defense.

If you dont like a rule, house rule it...
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:32 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No, I don't think it's cheesy. I think it's the rule, and so that's how we play the game. I've never played with Junto (is he from Wave 9?) so I can't speak to your first example...

But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omen20154 View Post
I have lost my 1st edition rule book, but didn't the rule used to be that the base of your character had to be at or above the hight of the opposing character in order to get a height advantage bonus. Or am I just remembering wrong?
If this was the case, the figures would no longer be adjacent...so no. You're thinking of extreme height advantage for ranged attacks.

Old July 25th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

This rule makes no sense at all until you have been punched in the crotch by a little person; then it all becomes all too clear.
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:58 PM

Kamakazi is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
This rule makes no sense at all until you have been punched in the crotch by a little person; then it all becomes all too clear.
I agree wit rev on this one!
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:02 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
Quote:
He says in a squeaky voice....
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:06 PM

Kamakazi is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
He says in a squeaky voice....
What's that supposed to mean?*sob*(crawls into corner)*sob*(again).

Kam
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
What's that supposed to mean?*sob*(crawls into corner)*sob*(again).

Kam
It means <RR>.
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:47 PM

omen20154 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Posted by Revdyer
Thanks for clarifying that Rev. I finally understand the logic behind the rule now.
Old July 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If you are discussing getting punched in the face a shorter person actually has the advantage over a taller person in real life because their punches are coming up into the chin and nose and can cause greater injury. (words of wisdom from the short kid in class that got picked on until the tall guys figured this out for themselves )
Old July 26th, 2008, 07:38 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yep, if you know anything about fighting, you know knockout punches/kicks ALWAYS catch the person on the chin. The snap of the head knocks the brain out of whack causing a flash of light followed by not knowing where the heck you're at for a good 30 seconds.

Also, since we're here, 'Scape is not completely logical. It's a game - there are rules. Accept them or house rule.

And yes, house rule can be a verb on this site.

I also take issue with hight being spelled that way without an rd in front of it.
Old July 26th, 2008, 08:19 AM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
If you are discussing getting punched in the face a shorter person actually has the advantage over a taller person in real life because their punches are coming up into the chin and nose and can cause greater injury. (words of wisdom from the short kid in class that got picked on until the tall guys figured this out for themselves )
And my word as a short kid to back this up. Although, my best friend is 6 inches taller than me.

I currently like the height rules just the way they are, otherwise, I couldn't get 6 attack out of the AE.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's