Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 8th, 2020, 10:00 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sentry ~ (Breathing)

What if the range and unblockables were both tied to the number of Markers
Old July 8th, 2020, 10:00 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think I said it before, but I was honestly far more interested in the version where he just rolled a single unblockable against every figure adjacent to the defending figure (other than himself) after attacking.

The current version reads like he’s making a big explosion, which I’m sure is something he does at some point, but I don’t really think of it as standard Sentry behavior. I also think the Reality Warp will give plenty of push/pull tension with the markers already.
Old July 8th, 2020, 10:22 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I think of it like the fight from World War Hulk:

https://imgur.com/a/C31HP

By the end of that fight he's unleashed so much energy he basically blows up the whole city. So in my opinion it's very thematic. He also has laser vision and other energy blasts, even if he USUALLY still punches. But with 8 attack, he'll still usually punch many targets.

The theme of him punching someone and creating an explosion is cool, but we DO already have that on Invincible's card. Also this gives him more options depending on his targets. Being a 450+ point powerhouse, I like him being more versatile, since it would suck to be so easily shut down by certain figures. This makes him scary, and unavoidable by just spreading out slightly.
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:16 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I was thinking of it from that fight as well. Most of his action there is doing big explosion punches on Hulk. He does also create a big energy maelstrom thingy, but that feels more like an extension of him letting loose, while the power feels more like “Hmmm, I’m going to make a big explosion to defeat the enemies.” That’s the part that doesn’t feel as Sentry to me, really.
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:18 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it.

Quote:
POWER OF A MILLION EXPLODING SUNS
When attacking with Sentry, one at a time roll an unblockable attack die against all figures within X spaces of Sentry, where X equals the amount of Instability Markers on this card. This special power does not affect Sentry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:40 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yeah, I was thinking of it from that fight as well. Most of his action there is doing big explosion punches on Hulk. He does also create a big energy maelstrom thingy, but that feels more like an extension of him letting loose, while the power feels more like “Hmmm, I’m going to make a big explosion to defeat the enemies.” That’s the part that doesn’t feel as Sentry to me, really.
I mean, realistically we could throw on an Omni-Assault style SA also, but I like the theme of his powers being unblockables more.

Also it's a HUGE decrease in power. He's just throwing eight dice then. One-on-one he'll probably lose against heavy hitters without that extra unblockable option, and squads and Nightwing can just move away from each other. I don't think you should be able to plan to counter Sentry's abilities, I like him being in control of it.

And again, if you want to argue theme, he rarely EVER punches things so hard there's big explosions. It's mostly normal super-heroic battles.

Currently of his power set, he was represented his:
Normal Superman strength powers (Stats)
His instability (Agoraphobia)
Energy projection/eyebeams (Exploding suns)
Miracles (Reality Warp)

We'd be trading his energy projection for basically more superman punchy stuff. Not as interesting to me, personally.
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:52 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can't comment on theme, but I'm on board with the unblockables feeling more interesting mechanically.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 8th, 2020, 11:54 AM
...has moist legs

I obviously want to get the theme as close as possible, but it's pretty hard to argue exacts with him anyway. His powerset is basically Superman mixed with a literal god.

We're really close though, in my opinion!
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:56 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Does the version I posted look good?

Quote:
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:58 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I mean, I don't personally like it tied to the punch like I said. It makes him have to have a target to attack first, so he most likely won't be able to use unblockables against the guy he actually wants to use it on.
Old July 8th, 2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I mean, I don't personally like it tied to the punch like I said. It makes him have to have a target to attack first, so he most likely won't be able to use unblockables against the guy he actually wants to use it on.
Yeah, I thought that was the point - that he can't control it.

Quote:
Old July 8th, 2020, 12:02 PM
...has moist legs

Yeah he can..?

Aside from his agoraphobia, him snapping will be represented by the Void card. Him powering up with instability is showing him letting loose before after a mental collapse. He's still in control of his own powers, he's just crippled sometimes. Or he lets loose TOO much and becomes the Void (Again, on the Void card)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library