Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 04:49 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Book of Romulan Commander Keras - Wording

Commander Keras Trekscape

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure to be determined after their release.

TBA

Background:

TBA

Commander Keras

Romulan Star Empire
Romulan
Unique Hero
Commander
Loyal

Medium 5
LIFE 6
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 4
POINTS ? 130

Move as one
1-4, move no Romulan figures
5-12, move up to 3 Romulan figures
13-17, move up to 6 Romulan figures
18 or higher, move up to 9 Romulan figures

Sneak attack
If at least one order marker is on Keras, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.

Character Bio - Beamed from the expoding Bird of Prey at the last moment by the ship sent by the Prator to watch the results of his test, he has been sent back to the Zone to pay for his failure.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

• _________________________________________________________________
-Combinations and Synergies-

Move as One lets him move large numbers of romulan cards to the site of the battle.

Synergy Benefits Received

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
Other:
  • N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
Other:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Playtest Results-
  • (Insert first playtest here)
  • (Insert second playtest here)
  • (Insert third playtest here)

Design Notes:

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; August 30th, 2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Romulan Commander male - Brainstorm

They have asked that everyone stop using Book of in the offical Books of area. I will be going to work for 2 days. Here is my starting brainstorm, go to town and I will try to check in from the road if I can.

Mayby Tricky for a personality?

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; August 2nd, 2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I like the initiative boost of Sneak Attack, but I don't think we should add extra to next round's roll if you win this round. That's just another thing to keep track of.

IMO, we need something different for the bonding. It's too much like Charvanek's. Here's a couple of ideas
  • Adjacent Common Romulan figures may take wounds instead of the Commander - like the Centurion who sacrificed himself to save the Commander in the TOS episode.
  • Romulan figures receive an attack bonus against Federation and Starfleet figures - maybe Human, too, to include some figures from classic.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like the idea of a lower ranking hero taking the wounds for him

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:20 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

First thoughts, looks good stat-wise. I like the initiative boost in Sneak Attack too, but we aren't trying to reinvent the wheel here, so maybe we should stick with Classic Scape wording from Mogrimm Forgehammer.
Combat Leader
If at least one order marker is on Mogrimm Forgehammer, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I like the initiative boost of Sneak Attack, but I don't think we should add extra to next round's roll if you win this round. That's just another thing to keep track of.

IMO, we need something different for the bonding. It's too much like Charvanek's. Here's a couple of ideas
  • Adjacent Common Romulan figures may take wounds instead of the Commander - like the Centurion who sacrificed himself to save the Commander in the TOS episode.
  • Romulan figures receive an attack bonus against Federation and Starfleet figures - maybe Human, too, to include some figures from classic.
I agree with Mac on this one. It might be better to have a seperate power for the Male Commander to make him stand out from the Female Commander. The first option, with adjacent Romulans taking the hits sounds good to me.
And like the Female, the Male needs a name. Memory Alpha has this to say about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Alpha
The Star Trek Customizable Card Game gives his name as Keras, which is "Sarek" spelled backwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
They have asked that everyone stop using Book of in the offical Books of area.
Lastly, um, did I miss something? What's this supposed to mean?
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:06 AM

I was hoping to keep him a Generic. With this proviso, having him listed a unique limits him to one per battle. Perhaps if we make him uncommon, but add this.

Unified command
Only one rommulan commander may be drafted when this card is used.

I was thinking you would get to use one commander so having Bonding on each card was working for me, with different other powers to give them flavor. If the group wants that one to go I will chop it.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:52 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I was hoping to keep him a Generic. With this proviso, having him listed a unique limits him to one per battle. Perhaps if we make him uncommon, but add this.

Unified command
Only one rommulan commander may be drafted when this card is used.

I was thinking you would get to use one commander so having Bonding on each card was working for me, with different other powers to give them flavor. If the group wants that one to go I will chop it.
Why do you want him generic? If he is generic he doesn't have a name, are there any other differences?
It seems like he should either be unique and have a name like the fem-rom or uncommon (or common) but without bonding. Or have the bonding be specific to rom-squad or rom-captain etc. instead of "any" rom-card(s).
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:59 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see our Romulan commanders be Unique Heroes, Subcommanders be Uncommon Heroes so they can have more than 1 life, Centurions be Common Heroes, and then Romulan Squads. It's got a nice flow.
The exception to this would be if there was a particular Romulan that held one of the lower ranks that was important enough to be Unique.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:31 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I'd like to see our Romulan commanders be Unique Heroes, Subcommanders be Uncommon Heroes so they can have more than 1 life, Centurions be Common Heroes, and then Romulan Squads. It's got a nice flow.
The exception to this would be if there was a particular Romulan that held one of the lower ranks that was important enough to be Unique.
Subcommander T'Pol being the expection here of course. I mean, she DOES have the 2nd hottest trunk () in the expanded ST universe, "behind" Seven.
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:06 PM

Ok, Then we need a name. I would like to do some other Romulan Comander though. The one from that first episode died when we first found out romulans are related to Vulcans, thus logicly no ground battles, for him. I would like to keep as close to the cannon of the TV show as posible. I know ironicly that meens finding a Romulan Comander from the EU, as well as making the artwork harder but What you gona do.

Do we want to have the limit of one commander per drafted army?

Here is my concern with loosing the bonding. If you get one then how can you compeet with geting to activate two cards. I realy don't want to make a Commander that won't get used.

I am rooting for a simpler version of bonding. Why describe in such detail who you can activate?

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 4th, 2010, 05:22 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Ok, Then we need a name. I would like to do some other Romulan Comander though. The one from that first episode died when we first found out romulans are related to Vulcans, thus logicly no ground battles, for him. I would like to keep as close to the cannon of the TV show as posible. I know ironicly that meens finding a Romulan Comander from the EU, as well as making the artwork harder but What you gona do.

Here is my concern with loosing the bonding. If you get one then how can you compeet with geting to activate two cards. I realy don't want to make a Commander that won't get used.

I am rooting for a simpler version of bonding. Why describe in such detail who you can activate?
If all the rom cards have bonding (looking like 2 for 2 so far) all romulans you have in your army are going to be activated with one Order Marker!!

OM #1 activate rom-fem... rom-fem bonds with rom-guy and rom-squad...
rom-guy bonds with rom-fem... uh-oh!

repeat process with OM #2 and #3.
Old August 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnormandin View Post
Quote:

If all the rom cards have bonding (looking like 2 for 2 so far) all romulans you have in your army are going to be activated with one Order Marker!!

OM #1 activate rom-fem... rom-fem bonds with rom-guy and rom-squad...
rom-guy bonds with rom-fem... uh-oh!

repeat process with OM #2 and #3.
I'd prefer we mix it up a bit and not have the same bonding on all Romulan commanders.

I don't think we'll have the bonding chain if we tie it to revealing order markers.

I'm not sure we need to limit it to one Commander per army. If we did, would that mean one Starfleet Captain per army? If so, then we'll never have Kirk and Picard fighting side by side.

As far as naming the commander, he was never named in the TV show so we have some leeway with this. The Keras is fine. One from the books would be fine, too - as long as it's one from the TOS time period.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum