Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:25 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Warforged Soldiers Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
My gut instinct says they can't. It depends on whether or not the switch is classified as a "move," because Cyberclaw stipulates the figure can't move or *be moved*, even by any special power or glyph. Tactical switch is a power. Therefore, if I'm thinking about this correctly, is nullified by Cyberclaw.
I agree with this, especially since the Gladiatron card spells out that nothing can void the Cyber Claw ability other than being too big.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; June 23rd, 2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: I read the card for Tai-Pan's Warforged idea... argh! Would have been cool.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:27 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
My gut instinct says they can't. It depends on whether or not the switch is classified as a "move," because Cyberclaw stipulates the figure can't move or *be moved*, even by any special power or glyph. Tactical switch is a power. Therefore, if I'm thinking about this correctly, is nullified by Cyberclaw.
I agree with this, especially since the Gladiatron card spells out that nothing can void the Cyber Claw ability other than being too big.
Yeah, I edited my first post. Cyberclaw definitely negates the ability to get the jump on the gladiatrons. They are still fun though. Really like the sculpts
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:30 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'm trying to figure out who you play these guys with and... I don't know. But I don't think that's a bad thing. They're just a very self-sufficient squad. So... stingers?
Well,

240 Waforged Soldiers x3
180 Marro Stingers x3
080 Raelin 1.0

does fit right at 500 points...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:35 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
A whole series of amazing events just occurred to me. I can't wait for these guys!!!

In addition to the once-in-a-lifetime-maybe hot lava thing, you could:

Make a chain out of three Warforged. Put the first next to the figure you want, then an empty space, then the next one, then an empty space, then the last one. Then, pass that fool down the row, whacking him all the way!!!! 3 attacks of 3 and you get to move your oppenent's figure 6 spaces!!!!
You can only use "Tactical Switch" once per turn on a certain figure.
These guys suck.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:36 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'm trying to figure out who you play these guys with and... I don't know. But I don't think that's a bad thing. They're just a very self-sufficient squad. So... stingers?
Well,

240 Waforged Soldiers x3
180 Marro Stingers x3
080 Raelin 1.0

does fit right at 500 points...
Stingers might be good...The warforged lack the punch to take out big heroes, and stingers do that quite nicely.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:37 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Still think D&D Minis has much better Warforged figures they could have used, but the paint colors are pretty cool. Guess it leaves room for more Warforged heroes.......

Cool power though. Tough little bastards.

EDIT: Also, F Stingers. Seriously, variety is the spice of life gentlemen.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A whole series of amazing events just occurred to me. I can't wait for these guys!!!

Make a chain out of three Warforged. Put the first next to the figure you want, then an empty space, then the next one, then an empty space, then the last one. Then, pass that fool down the row, whacking him all the way!!!! 3 attacks of 3 and you get to move your oppenent's figure 6 spaces!!!!
These guys suck.
You should at least wait until you can give them a test run before coming to that conclusion. At first look, they appear to be a little costly for a 3 man squad at 80 points but I do see their potential.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarovichx View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

These guys suck.
You should at least wait until you can give them a test run before coming to that conclusion. At first look, they appear to be a little costly for a 3 man squad at 80 points but I do see their potential.
I think he's just saying they suck because the restriction on their power ruined his plan.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:45 AM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

LOVE these guys. Can't wait to field a whole army with these guys and Heirloom (when can we get the hero preview?)
I'm thinking we'll see these guys on the tournament scene a fair amount. Initial reaction B+

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4

Last edited by Freezie; June 23rd, 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: did a double take
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:48 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarovichx View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

These guys suck.
I think he's just saying they suck because the restriction on their power ruined his plan.
Yeah. I think they'll be cool, but it would have been awesome to drag opponents all over the place.

Does anyone else think they have an almost Jandarian color scheme? I think the blue should have been a little grayer.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:54 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nobody does 80 point squads like Vydar. Just super cool.

With these guys in your army, I'm not sure you'd even want anything else but cheerleaders.

Warforgedx4 - 320
Raelin - 400
MDG - 500

--

I wonder how well they will do against rats. They can steal key spots from them, but then they have to trigger scatter afterward. Certainly nerf the rats glyph grabbing ability. And even if you surround the warforged, they can still switch their way through without disengagement strikes.

Fighting against these guys really changes your tactical goals: "Quick, take the even ground!!"
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:54 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Yeah. I think they'll be cool, but it would have been awesome to drag opponents all over the place.

Does anyone else think they have an almost Jandarian color scheme? I think the blue should have been a little grayer.
I actually do not care for the paint job I see in the picture, will have to wait and see what it looks like in person/ after better pictures come out.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units