Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:53 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sharwin Wildborn Pre-Release Discussion

Everytime I see this figure's name, all that pops into my head is:

Sherman-Williams

What's wrong with me?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I dunno, I think Clan Campbell got it exactly right when he said she's not broken but she pushes the envelope. Where I think I differ is...
Actually, he said she pushes the envelope 'too far'.
Thus the "where I differ" follow up

Nilfheim is still the reigning King of "which good figure got better this wave". Sharwin's just another snack to him

~Aldin, who wonders if anyone will pull off a successful Theracus bomb with her

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I think each of her powers has the potential of being broken, however as it stands she really doesn't do anything really well. She will never be the linchpin of an army, but rather a unit that stands with other units.

Until there is an elite archer squad that bonds with the Elveran she will be just another hero I seldom use.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler View Post
Everytime I see this figure's name, all that pops into my head is:

Sherman-Williams

What's wrong with me?
Paint fumes.

~Aldin, bada-bum

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

I've always liked the Elf Warmage figure. I'll have to see what they did in person, but right now I'm not liking the orange repaint as much as the original soft blue.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Someone, somewhere, sometime, is going to have that special game where this chick wins the game single handedly. I can't wait to see that battle report. Here's hoping I'm not on the reciving end.
I think that you're going to wait a long time for that. She's not that good. Special attacks will kill her quickly. Squad will take some minor hits, but nothing substantial. With a couple of exceptions like Captain American and the Izumi Samurai, when was the last time that you were really concerned about counterstrike?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:17 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Someone, somewhere, sometime, is going to have that special game where this chick wins the game single handedly. I can't wait to see that battle report. Here's hoping I'm not on the reciving end.
Not sure what the point was here.....I have wrote a Battle Report that included 11 frenzies in the first round, 7 on turn marker 1. Clearly Frenzy is too powerful. I am not using the B word here but it is obviously a tad too good because there is a battle report that proves it.

I realize I am being inflammatory right back, but the additional dig for 'taking it too far yet again' deserves to be called out.

EDIT - his post actually says, 'another case of pushing the envelope just a tad too far', not 'taking it too far again'.

~ R˙chean, who sees the sniping for exactly what it is rather than ignoring it to read between the lines

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; March 3rd, 2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: meh....tried to wiggle out of it but got quoted so I put it back
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM

PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker

I love it, she seems like an excellent way to start off a game on smaller, tournament-sized maps. Use Saylind or Theracus to move her close enough to your opponents start zone and let loose before he has a chance to move his squads out. Yeah it's kamikaze in nature but as long as the rest of your army is solid this is a good way to get an advantage right off the bat by reducing the number of your opponents figures.

Also, I love that what looks to be one of the best viper killers follows Ullar

Sign the Declaration and bring back classic scape!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30056
Remember: Together we can make a difference
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Not sure what the point was here.....I have wrote a Battle Report that included 11 frenzies in the first round, 7 on turn marker 1. Clearly Frenzy is too powerful. I am not using the B word here but it is obviously a tad too good because there is a battle report that proves it.

I realize I am being inflammatory right back, but the additional dig for 'taking it too far yet again' deserves to be called out.
you must spread some reputation around...

Yes one thousand times over to all of this. A high-variance figure that can occasionally get on a huge roll is NOT necessarily broken. Particularly when she can only attack once per OM against figures that are spread out, and when she gets ripped apart by any special attacks, and when there are so much more dangerous things available in her price range.

She's an interesting figure, and could be tournament-worthy in the right army, but the idea that she's broken is laughable to me. Which is why I responded with laughter.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:34 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Arcane riposte, I have a problem with. Counterstrike and Evil Eye rolled into one? I'm not using the "B" word, I'm just saying to me its another case of pushing the envelope just a tad too far.

I'll make certain she's in my next army build for Fallston, Md.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:38 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker
Thumbs up Re: Sharwin Wildborn Pre-Release Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I dunno, I think Clan Campbell got it exactly right when he said she's not broken but she pushes the envelope. Where I think I differ is that I think she's yet another helpful push toward the need to employ heroes and squads with higher attack and defense values. In other words, I think she's pushing the envelope in a direction I like - lessening the premium on cheap squads.

~Aldin, who somehow doesn't see the same doom and gloom in Clan Campbell's statements that others read
I second Aldin, who reads between Clan Campbell's lines.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Am I the only one who thinks she's wearing sunglasses?

IMO, she's not all that powerful, and won't see the light of day much, but I'm betting she'll be a scourge against Vipers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units