Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 5th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
2D maps

I've played a lot of online heroscape games using the google docs set-up along with filthy's app. It's fun, but not as enjoyable as the physical thing.

One thing I don't mind about playing online is the 2d top down numbered map image. Map set-up/tear-down can be a big drawback to the game. I am interested in the possibility of printing 2d images of many popular tournament maps.

I've looked into different options and the idea I've settled on is the simplest/cheapest, and that is to print out an entire online map image across several standard sized (8.5'' x 11'') sheets of paper. The pages would just sit next to each other on the table. One could use sticker paper to put them permanently onto a poster board, but this would increase cost too much for my liking. You could also easily set the 3d LOS blockers on the appropriate spaces (trees, glaciers, ruins).

Most maps would probably require 6-10 pages, for example....

Marr Highway
Marr Highway (google doc image) - the thing I'd like to change for a printed image would be to shrink the glyphs to be used as guides to place an actual glyph.

This map is under 11'' wide and about 56'' long, so you'd need the image to be done across 7 sheets of 8.5'' x 11''

I'd like to try this, but I don't know how to get the image appropriately sized across the pages for printing (I haven't looked into it at this point). Once done, the file would be easy to share as a pdf. so anyone could simply print it out for their own use.

Any ideas or thoughts?
Old March 5th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: 2D maps

I size things in Powerpoint. Make a line of the correct dimensions of a hex and then scale the picture to size.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion