Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old February 8th, 2023, 02:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) (Justice League) - Test

It would let him get around AoE attacks too though, which I think the current version doesn’t provide. Are we sure the “targeting for abilites” thing is completely airtight to begin with?
Old February 8th, 2023, 02:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How about this just to clarify timing but not make it feel quite as punishing if he hits his roll?

PHASING 14
Martian Manhunter can move through anything. Before an enemy activation, you may roll a d20. On a 14+, figures cannot have clear sight on Martian Manhunter or target him for an ability or attack for the remainder of that activation.

Basically the timing gives them an opportunity to go after other figures before they've spent their move for the activation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 8th, 2023, 04:42 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Sure. Definitely a downgrade in terms of it just meaning now they'll go after his likely squishier allies, but maybe that's ok?

You probably don't need abilities and attack listed out, right? I'd also change it to enemies otherwise you potentially have him losing out on some synergy? Though maybe that's not a thing to worry about since he won't be involved most likely?
Quote:
PHASING 14
Martian Manhunter can move through anything. Before an enemy activation, you may roll a d20. On a 14+, for the remainder of that activation, figures do not have clear sight on Martian Manhunter and cannot target him.
Old February 8th, 2023, 05:34 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

But that also means you get to roll the D20 more often even if the enemy wasn't planning on attacking or could attack. Which already keys into stuff like Z.

It also loses the theme of him letting a projectile phase through him. This is more like just turning invisible so they can't see him and I figured we'd use Phasing as a power again which may not feel right there either.

I'd rather bump the roll if we think it's too strong rather than changing the mechanics.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 8th, 2023, 05:57 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Too strong wasn’t the complaint so much as confusing, I think.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 8th, 2023, 08:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Too strong wasn’t the complaint so much as confusing, I think.
ah. I was keying of your "punishing" comment.

Personally I'm not sure I see where confusion is. But then again maybe I'm misunderstanding it.

Quote:
Martian Manhunter can move through anything. If an enemy targets Martian Manhunter, roll a d20. On a 14+, Martian Manhunter cannot be targeted until the following activation
Didn't notice we switched to "move through anything" but that's self explanitory.

an Enemy walks up to MM to punch him. You roll the a d20 and if it's 14 or higher they can't punch him and if you have double attack you can't attack him then either. So they pick another target if possible.

Someone choose him to attack for a ranged attack or some other special attack. He rolls the d20 and blah blah same as before.

Someone is adjacent to MM and so the enemy decides to shoot that figure with an explosion that has splash damage...MM wasn't the target so he doesn't roll.

Is that pretty much the intent?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 8th, 2023, 08:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Could we do...
Quote:
When an enemy would target Martian Manhunter, roll a d20. On a 14+, Martian Manhunter cannot be targeted and that enemy may target a different figure.
Old February 8th, 2023, 08:43 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Could we do...
Quote:
When an enemy would target Martian Manhunter, roll a d20. On a 14+, Martian Manhunter cannot be targeted and that enemy may target a different figure.
I dig this.
Old February 8th, 2023, 09:18 PM

I get the intent but (unless I’m mistaken, which is entirely possible), I believe that last bit is just explaining how the rules of the game work, which feels like a bad stylistic precedent for 2.0.

Old February 8th, 2023, 09:32 PM
Just A Head

IMO this is a special exception because the rule is stupid. (To articulate better, I think the "if you fail at doing this thing, you can try try again" model doesn't really jive with how scape works and relies on you knowing a weird obscure ruling from a classic unit.)
Old February 8th, 2023, 10:37 PM
A Man of Taste

that's fair.

I agree we don't want to go back to the habit of saying things that are default, like roll defense dice separately, etc. But if that's the confusion this one doesn't seem super weird.

Old February 9th, 2023, 12:14 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On Nobody's last take, if it also clarifies that you can target a different figure at range while still adjacent to MM it would not be telling you how the rules work but that an exception to the rules takes place.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database