Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 4th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Promotions Department - Countdown to Wave 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
60 bucks for Sinestro!!!??? Thatīs a bit on the steep side you might say, in fact, so steep itīs practically vertical!

Thereīs still a couple, 3 to be precise, of old school Sinestros available at TrollandToad in the 2-4 dollar price range. I have one of those, repainted with that modern yellow look, and he looks just fine!
I'm sorry, but that SInestro mini looks horrible! I'd rather chance my luck. Who knows, maybe I'll get the DC75th Sinestro in my brick/case?
It may look horrible, but you can buy a whole lot of Clix for $60. No little piece of plastic is worth that kind of money. Hope you get the one in the DC75h brick.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 4th, 2010, 10:24 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
60 bucks for Sinestro!!!??? Thatīs a bit on the steep side you might say, in fact, so steep itīs practically vertical!

Thereīs still a couple, 3 to be precise, of old school Sinestros available at TrollandToad in the 2-4 dollar price range. I have one of those, repainted with that modern yellow look, and he looks just fine!
I'm sorry, but that SInestro mini looks horrible! I'd rather chance my luck. Who knows, maybe I'll get the DC75th Sinestro in my brick/case?
It may look horrible, but you can buy a whole lot of Clix for $60. No little piece of plastic is worth that kind of money. Hope you get the one in the DC75h brick.
But is that the one you're even using? Educated guess says no. It doesn't really matter though.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old December 4th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But is that the one you're even using? Educated guess says no. It doesn't really matter though.
It doesn't matter which one we're using in any of our cards, I wouldn't pay $60 for any figure just because the stupid thing was on a card. Even if there aren't other options for a figure, I will proxy the figure before spending more than I am comfortable with on a figure just because it's on a card. Not that I couldn't buy them, but to me, there are so many more important things to spend my hard earned money on than a little plastic figure. For people than match every figure, great for them, it's just not my priority.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Iīve gone for the cheaper alternative for a couple figures, and done some remodelling and/or repainting for a couple others. I like my minis to look like the ones on the card, but I can live with good looking proxies.
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:15 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It doesn't matter which one we're using in any of our cards, I wouldn't pay $60 for any figure just because the stupid thing was on a card. Even if there aren't other options for a figure, I will proxy the figure before spending more than I am comfortable with on a figure just because it's on a card. Not that I couldn't buy them, but to me, there are so many more important things to spend my hard earned money on than a little plastic figure. For people than match every figure, great for them, it's just not my priority.
Quote:
Iīve gone for the cheaper alternative for a couple figures, and done some remodelling and/or repainting for a couple others. I like my minis to look like the ones on the card, but I can live with good looking proxies.
I agree double-time. But how'd you get the picture in the first place? Is someone lucky enough to have a $60 mini?

Old December 4th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm betting Spidey has it.
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I guess one of the heroes just had it lying around? There is always the chance of buying one of those blind boosters and getting lucky... wouldnīt count on it though... I really hate that concept! Heroscape has sucked huge amounts of cash out of my pockets, but I always knew what I was paying for!

EDIT: Ninjaīd by Tickle, sort of...
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I guess one of the heroes just had it lying around? There is always the chance of buying one of those blind boosters and getting lucky... wouldnīt count on it though... I really hate that concept! Heroscape has sucked huge amounts of cash out of my pockets, but I always knew what I was paying for!

EDIT: Ninjaīd by Tickle, sort of...
Yeah, you were only sort of ninja'd, when Tickle pulled that $35 Deadpool last week. But really? "Oh, I just happeneed to have a $60 Sinestro lying around my house." Just doesn't sound right.

Old December 4th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I have thousands of Heroclix figures and I have only ever bought a blind booster once.
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I have thousands of Heroclix figures and I have only ever bought a blind booster once.
This guy's smart! Do you buy lots (as in, a ton of random figures at once for a chea price)? Also, it helps when you don't actually play Heroclix.

Old December 4th, 2010, 11:56 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I did, too. An Icons pack for $1. Got Superman, Starfire, Raven, and Scarecrow!

Do we know vaguely how much the DC 75th Sinestro will go for, yet? Otherwise I'll just repaint the regular purple one.
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I did, too. An Icons pack for $1. Got Superman, Starfire, Raven, and Scarecrow!

Do we know vaguely how much the DC 75th Sinestro will go for, yet? Otherwise I'll just repaint the regular purple one.
No, but it's a Super-rare, so it depends on how many people want it, how common it is, etc. After a while he'll go down. Also, he will be less expensive most likely due to all of the Chase figures in the new set, which go for high prices and are traded frequently. The Web of Spiderman Super Rares are more expensive because they are more popular, only because there aren't any CHase figures in that set. With that logic, and 10 Chases in DC75th, the Super-Rares shouldn't be too high.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy