Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 9th, 2015, 11:43 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Update 11/6/14.

IN THE HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING
Dwarves! To me, my kinsmen!

Featured unit: Greybolt Archers

Figures with a § are adaptations of official units, or of someone else's custom. Figures with a ¤ have a card. All units are subject to change, most have not been properly playtested, and some are not housebroken. Use at your own risk. Nobody tosses a Dwarf.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 28th, 2017 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Auric Stormcleave added.
Old March 12th, 2015, 10:11 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

THE INFERNAL HORDE
The demonic horrors! The horrific demons!

Featured unit: Marcu Esenwein, Uncursed!

Figures with a § are adaptations of official units, or of someone else's custom. Figures with a ¤ have a card. All units are subject to change, most have not been properly playtested, and some are not housebroken. Use at your own risk. Did you hear about the new video game that teaches kids all about Demonology? It's called "Where in Hell is Carmen Sandiego?"

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; July 11th, 2018 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Added Bat Swarm
Old March 12th, 2015, 10:17 PM

MARIEDIAN RISING
Smash the Soulborg State!

Featured unit: Jirol Brenn

Figures with a § are adaptations of official units, or of someone else's custom. Figures with a ¤ have a card. All units are subject to change, most have not been properly playtested, and some are not housebroken. Use at your own risk. Why is it always afternoon on Alpha Prime? Because it's Post Mariedian.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 21st, 2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old March 14th, 2015, 07:00 PM

OPHIDIAN SUPREMACY: SSSSLITHERERS
Vipers and Serpents!

Featured unit: Sahelia Kaa

Figures with a § are adaptations of official units, or of someone else's custom. Figures with a ¤ have a card. All units are subject to change, most have not been properly playtested, and some are not housebroken. Use at your own risk. Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 21st, 2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old March 15th, 2015, 12:58 PM

PORTAL TO YARTH: CLANKS AND SPARKS
These are inspired by the Steampunk / "Gaslamp" webcomic "Girl Genius," a favorite in our house.

In this universe, a Spark is a person imbued with mechanical genius of the Mad Science variety. A Clank is an automaton created by Sparks. In Heroscape I've defined "Clank" as a species, and all "Clanks" have the class of "Construct."

Featured unit: Agatha Heterodyne

Figures with a § are adaptations of official units, or of someone else's custom. Figures with a ¤ have a card. All units are subject to change, most have not been properly playtested, and some are not housebroken. Use at your own risk. Mad Scientists rule the world. Badly.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 21st, 2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:09 PM

SOLDIERS AND LAWMEN
Various "good guys" from 20th Century Earth.

Featured unit: Sgt. Al McCreech of the "Namesakes"

Figures with a § are adaptations of official units, or of someone else's custom. Figures with a ¤ have a card. All units are subject to change, most have not been properly playtested, and some are not housebroken. Use at your own risk. I'm getting too old for this.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 21st, 2017 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Added cards for Namesakes, Gen. Mayne
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:29 PM

SOULBORGS, CYBORGS, AND SPACEFARERS
Summoned from... the future!

Featured unit: Be-Zak-Sa

Figures with a § are adaptations of official units, or of someone else's custom. Figures with a ¤ have a card. All units are subject to change, most have not been properly playtested, and some are not housebroken. Use at your own risk. Does not compute.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 21st, 2017 at 05:37 PM. Reason: New cards for the Deathchargers, MC Strikers, FPC Delta Team
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:49 PM

SWORDS OF THE ALLIANCE
Royalty, Champions, and Knights united against the forces of evil!

Here's their leader, and the newest card, Queen Bethesda:

Figures with a § are adaptations of official units, or of someone else's custom. Figures with a ¤ have a card. All units are subject to change, most have not been properly playtested, and some are not housebroken. Use at your own risk. What is your Quest?

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 21st, 2017 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Added Prince Ahmed
Old March 17th, 2015, 02:50 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Agent Zilar
I like this one. She has powers that are both interesting and strongly thematic. Stealth Initiative is interesting since it is only relevant when losing initiative. I could imagine it being a nice added bonus when facing against armies that increase their initiative for an advantage. Being multiply engaged with her would be a pain, but I could pretty easily see backing away from an opponent and risking a leaving engagement attack in order to attack twice. I really like the theme of Intelligence Dossier, although that and her Pistol Attack will make her vulnerable to swarming commons.

Glax
While you are certainly nailing the theme of having a ravenous monster fight for you, this beast makes me a little apprehensive as to his function. Being Huge 9, I'm assuming he's double based but I might be mistaken. That fact plays in rather significantly for his power level. As a single base, he'd be more maneuverable and Ravenous would be easier to avoid as a downside and a little harder to set up as an upside. As a strictly worst version of double attack, it feels a little redundant alongside the theme carried by Uncontrollable Rage. While I do appreciate that it doesn't turn on until he is wounded (so you stem away from first turn blow outs in your own start zone from a bad roll), that sort of power will make him very swingy. Sometimes he'll win you the game with some consecutive turns while others your opponent will do more damage with him than you do. The fact that they are equally likely to happen fuels this variance even more. I still think he's interesting, I just think these downsides are likely pushed more than his upsides to make playing with him a potentially fun liability. He won't be competitive, but I am sure some will love the gambling nature of playing him.

Queen Bethesda
I had commented on her before and she is still interesting. For the queen seems like it would be dominated by taking turns with the Knights of Weston who can in turn bond with a champion, making the option for two Human Champions dwarfed in comparison. Sword of Cadeyrin is a nice upside and seems like a fine way to smash a dragon or Cyprien, although she'll likely be enough of an order marker sink that I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. I really like the Champion's Spirit card and how that encourages using more of them together.
Old March 20th, 2015, 09:42 AM

Thanks @Ixe for your feedback! Glad you like my newest Agent of Jandar... I'm going to have to get that army on the table some time soon.

Glax is indeed double-based. He's a Wild and Crazy guy! We have yet to test him out, I think he will end up being the "fun liability" as you put it.

You're probably right that Queen B will usually activate the Knights, instead of 2 Champions, but I wanted the option of a viable "Champions of the Round Table" army. 3 Heroes a turn is pretty good.

Taking a break from my reposting of units into thematic groups to present another in my "waiting for the VC release" releases: Grortu. Props to Doc Savage for Towering Presence, which I have tweaked to not trigger against other huge figures. I think that despite his Achilles Heel he is probably undercosted here considering he has a bonding squad and a major disincentive to swarming tactics.

Grortu
Utgar
Cyclops
Warlord
Terrifying
Huge
Life 9
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4
240 points

Towering Presence
When determining height advantage against a figure that is not huge, add 4 to the height of Grortu's base.

Double Attack
After attacking, Grortu may attack one additional time.

Trampling Disengage
If a small or medium figure makes a leaving engagement attack on Grortu, if Grortu does not take any wounds, that figure receives one unblockable wound.

One-Eyed Target
Grortu rolls 3 fewer defense dice against a normal attack from a Precise figure with a Range of 4 or greater. The attacker must have line of sight on Grortu's target point.

Figure: Doom Blade Orc Cyclops.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 21st, 2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added Range requirement to Precise, there's no reason why the Elite Onyx Vipers should be able to hit that eye!
Old March 20th, 2015, 10:23 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Grortu
This is an interesting build. That really is a massive figure. While everything is better with bonding, I don't think this guy really needs it, or at least not such a strong bonding option. With it, I would say he is undercosted. Towering presence means that more often than not he has 6 attack and 5 defense with the opponent unable to gain height on him. Double attack with those stats will carve through squads and flay heroes all on its own. Trampling Disengage is an interesting power that makes him more maneuverable. With squad figures I don't think it is worth it most of the time. One-eyed target is a very interesting and thematic downside that can lead to some counterdraft potential (giving him 2 instead of 5 defense is a big change), but it really depends on the match for how much that will matter. Very cool figure overall with some good ideas baked in.
Old March 20th, 2015, 10:44 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Awesome cards, I may need to steal a few for some figures that have been sitting on my shelves without cards for years waiting,wanting, and in need of an Identity. Keep up the good work.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards